kyle939

Anyone else think they can pull this game off?

Hello,

I just want to see what people thought really, because I am so happy about this game and it's the only one I really want to play and it will KILL GTA in sooo many ways, but can it all be pulled off with what they say? I also feel that this should be the biggest game funded, more than star citizen I feel, this has so much more potential in many ways.  So I am confused why it is not!

The ability to watch films with friends is going to be confusing maybe to do with copyright or something I feel, but still awesome. 

I guess when we see some gameplay graphics and how big the map is, we shall go from there but so far it's a lot of words that would make one of the best games ever made!

These guys working on this game have the most highest of respect in the community, and have a big credibility. These are the guys who made Arma 3 life, in my opinion, one of the best RP sim games open world out there. They have skills to make the game, they have the money to make it thanks to all of us, and they have the ease of the Unreal engine. With out a doubt, this game will happen, and they will make sure this game is glistened, polished, and shoe shined before they release it. 

• Like 1

I feel they can. They have been hard at work getting us new information, ideas, and answers to questions we ask within a reasonable time about what the game will be like. I feel they can get through this. 

I'm sure they can! They're very passionate about Identity. They answer tens of questions on twitter, they're active on forums and they have sources and people to finish the game. ^u^ They want Identity to be a real thing just as much as we do, if not more :D

At this point in development they're going to post an updated video really soon (hopefully) and they're making a playable social lobby module for us to try out the game. >u< Yay.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arrow said:

What are yall talking about. This game will be completed weather you like it or not. Their not going to put in all if this work and than just abanden fans. And games are not that hard to make, just stay focus and finish what you told your fans.

images (1).png

That is not the case, there has been tons and tons of games going to be made, starts being made and get far into development and they just stop, after all the money has been taken!
I am not saying this will happen but the "Will they pull it off" meaning will all they say that is going to go into the game, will it happen or will it not.  It's not saying "Will they cancel"

People really need to stop comparing identity to GTA, they are NOT the same game style. GTA is Action-Adventure, Identity is an RP SIM

it's already too late to pull this game off. they are independent, they have skill and they've made with almost 200k dollars in 1 year? 2 years? what many development teams did in 6 years with millions of dollars and more developers then they need. it's like you compare windows 10 with windows xp! windows xp is better while eating less RAM (i always have to restart the windows 10 explorer via task manager)

Edited by Shimozukachi
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

it's already too late to pull this game off. they are independent, they have skill and they've made with almost 200k dollars in 1 year? 2 years? what many development teams did in 6 years with millions of dollars and more developers then they need. it's like you compare windows 10 with windows xp! windows xp is better while eating less RAM (i always have to restart the windows 10 explorer via task manager)

I think you need to reinstall Windows or something because that is clearly wrong!

i had a problem when I first upgraded, since I done a fresh install of W10, which was super weird compared too how 7 formats and installs. This does it weird, it's been working perfectly! 

Not it a single problem, I had one with AVG, since removed it because it was messing with my display drivers!

one thing I do hope for is a well optimised game, as well as a game supporting dual graphic cards! Better stuff!

10 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

I don't see how Identity is like comparing Windows 10 to XP because XP is better and eats less RAM?

I get very skeptical, which my main reason for not contributing money yet. When the SWAT module comes out I'll probably contribute money then. Either way the time is what is killing me.

2 minutes ago, Aetion said:

I get very skeptical, which my main reason for not contributing money yet. When the SWAT module comes out I'll probably contribute money then. Either way the time is what is killing me.

I understand!

I have backed two games and both have failed, one being ROAM and the Devs have abandoned it AFTER I gave them money and they worked so hard, so I am annoyed. The other game I cannot remember but was on Steam. 

So I understand your point not wanting to fund. 

From what I have heard and seen, I am hooked and so anxious to play the first module they release! Which is the town square and I want to play so bad but have to wait!

if they pull it all off for the game they want to make, they will raise the bar a new height which is miles away from any other game! This will be a king I think. 

I know it's going to take some time considering their team size probably not going to be what I pictured at first but over time it will get fixes and rehauls and then become what I want; similar to almost every game I've played.

Personally their constant communication on Twitter is enough to convince me they'll achieve the game they want. I haven't come across too many developers in similar positions with same approach; it shows passion for the game and respect towards those who are supporting it's development. It's a slow progress, I expect plenty to kick up a storm over it's pace, but they've got a grand vision, the game sounds like it will be absolutely amazing. Remaining patient is all we can do despite how hyped we may be for it. 

Looking forward to every step of the development progress. 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2016 at 6:19 AM, Vix said:

I'm sure they can! They're very passionate about Identity. They answer tens of questions on twitter, they're active on forums and they have sources and people to finish the game. ^u^ They want Identity to be a real thing just as much as we do, if not more :D

At this point in development they're going to post an updated video really soon (hopefully) and they're making a playable social lobby module for us to try out the game. >u< Yay.

How dare you use my twitter question without permission!? :o 

I believe Steam Greenlight would help boost awareness about the game, and bring sales. Once there is an alpha, put it up on early access where big Youtubers, Streamers, and reviewers play it and give it fame. That will boost tons of funds to be able to not only finish the game (providing salary to hard paying developers), but also to maintain the servers. Almost $200k is a LOT of money, but considering this game is trying to be a better GTA V (which spent upwards of $200 million), putting it on Steam Early Access and making that money will not be such a bad idea. 

This game is a great idea, it just need to be more known. Even though Steam will rip an easy 40% on sales revenue, it will still get the game in people's faces. Does anyone have any other ideas on how we can show the world Identity?

I also believe that the PC version should be top priority. I do not know how hard it is to port console versions of a game, but if it takes lots of time and money, I would say just drop it until more hype is gained from a PC release. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrivenMuffin said:

I believe Steam Greenlight would help boost awareness about the game, and bring sales. Once there is an alpha, put it up on early access where big Youtubers, Streamers, and reviewers play it and give it fame. That will boost tons of funds to be able to not only finish the game (providing salary to hard paying developers), but also to maintain the servers. Almost $200k is a LOT of money, but considering this game is trying to be a better GTA V (which spent upwards of $200 million), putting it on Steam Early Access and making that money will not be such a bad idea. 

This game is a great idea, it just need to be more known. Even though Steam will rip an easy 40% on sales revenue, it will still get the game in people's faces. Does anyone have any other ideas on how we can show the world Identity?

I also believe that the PC version should be top priority. I do not know how hard it is to port console versions of a game, but if it takes lots of time and money, I would say just drop it until more hype is gained from a PC release. 

Agree 110%. Greenlight this. And we the forum community will go and hype the game up on steam bringing it to the "most popular" greenlight games list. And from there on, it'll just gain momentum.