thevopia

The Elephant In The Room that most backers ignore !

this game took 3 years to publish a module. Don't you dare say that the tracker is transparent. its NOT ! the Devs wanted to do the new website, Get the paying company to the website , finish a small task that took 1 month. And not publishing the Module?. we have got 2 Delays in the past. the artists are non-stop making 300+ clothes and not making the second module Lol show us the guns , the cars, the real stuff, not clothes. "if you Don't believe me check their twitter most of their tweets is about clothes and hats and furniture". even the CEO said the artists are actually working on the second module. Ok show us the work you did on the second module not clothes * SMH *. we begged the devs after we saw the horrible Police&Criminal video to change the animations, and then they showed us the Twitch stream WITH THE SAME WALKING ANIMATION ?!?!?! SMH what is this ? they never listen to us. most of this game is ART not coding and mechanics. and im sorry to say this but the devs really love to talk a lot , even Psysin which i dont like him , i kinda agreed with his complains. even the devs in the gaming stream were like WOW , thats cool, i like this and that.???? lol devs its like you dont see the work and probably acting and fake cheering for the ceo when he speaks on the stream.  sorry to all but i kinda think that people shouldn't invest a single dollar to this project until FINAL release.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hsmith24 said:

We have had patience for over a year.

And I have been for over 3 years, so....

• ver.1.22474487139 2

1 hour ago, Cstove said:

And I have been for over 3 years, so....

i had patience from kickstarter, btw your hated in this forum lol shovel your opinion some where else

im honestly starting to get aggravated myself. we were told the tracker was there so we could see the progress of the module, WHAT PROGRES! its been 2 months a user interface has been in testing, 

2 hours ago, Hsmith24 said:

We have had patience for over a year.

i have been for 6 years back when this idea was in arma life mod... they spoke about the days we are living in now. Just wait for it. its going to take at  least another 2 years to get something out like a beta or something. GTA V took 11 years to make... We never got to complain because it was hidden.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 hours ago, thevopia said:

i had patience from kickstarter, btw your hated in this forum lol shovel your opinion some where else

Says who? Never heard of u before.  Lol u have 4 posts. Stfu bro. 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2018 at 12:41 AM, thevopia said:

this game took 3 years to publish a module. Don't you dare say that the tracker is transparent. its NOT ! the Devs wanted to do the new website, Get the paying company to the website , finish a small task that took 1 month. And not publishing the Module?. we have got 2 Delays in the past. the artists are non-stop making 300+ clothes and not making the second module Lol show us the guns , the cars, the real stuff, not clothes. "if you Don't believe me check their twitter most of their tweets is about clothes and hats and furniture". even the CEO said the artists are actually working on the second module. Ok show us the work you did on the second module not clothes * SMH *. we begged the devs after we saw the horrible Police&Criminal video to change the animations, and then they showed us the Twitch stream WITH THE SAME WALKING ANIMATION ?!?!?! SMH what is this ? they never listen to us. most of this game is ART not coding and mechanics. and im sorry to say this but the devs really love to talk a lot , even Psysin which i dont like him , i kinda agreed with his complains. even the devs in the gaming stream were like WOW , thats cool, i like this and that.???? lol devs its like you dont see the work and probably acting and fake cheering for the ceo when he speaks on the stream.  sorry to all but i kinda think that people shouldn't invest a single dollar to this project until FINAL release.

I see what you are saying but you have to understand art is a big thing in the gaming industry. Now the amount of clothing items yes a lot. But it is realistic which means clothing stores will be filled with different styles and stuff you can buy. Second back to the art. The game needs to look nice the game needs to have a sense of realism so when they are spending days to make thee renders we shouldn't blame them. GTA V was in development for five years. FIVE YEARS. And compared to Identity it is going to be nothing. You have to understand that Identity is going to be adding a lot of stuff to there game. WAY MORE stuff than GTA V SO the fact that we are only on year what three doesn't bother me one bit.

On 15/08/2018 at 3:42 AM, thevopia said:

Yo man I have been here since the kickstarter too. I just never looked at the forums until the day they said the module 1 was gonna be released. But I am still here for the community and for the game I pledged for.

2 hours ago, jabba_the_slut said:

how is this "the elephant in the room" it is literally all anybody ever talks about

This. Also yum, your siggy. I love Jabba. <3 u <3

And people shouldn't be hyping this game up to match AAA titles, because there's a good chance you'll be disappointed if you do. Just saiyan.

12 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

im honestly starting to get aggravated myself. we were told the tracker was there so we could see the progress of the module, WHAT PROGRES! its been 2 months a user interface has been in testing, 

They have said what it is, and it sounds time intensive they are trying to combine the Housing system with the UI and there is bugs and every time they fix a bug or change something they have to test the ENTIRE system.

13 hours ago, Cstove said:

hes got a point. you blindly support it so much and bash any form of topic that is against the game that you just look like a dick when supporting it

4 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

hes got a point. you blindly support it so much and bash any form of topic that is against the game that you just look like a dick when supporting it

Trust me I’m upset too with how long TS is taking and all the delays I’m just tired of people constantly complaining on here.  Like it’s not gonna change anything. And I don’t bash topics against it, I just say my opinion and try to keep things positive.  What’s wrong with that? 

• Like 1

Just now, Cstove said:

Trust me I’m upset too with how long TS is taking and all the delays I’m just tired of people constantly complaining on here.  Like it’s not gonna change anything. And I don’t bash topics against it, I just say my opinion and try to keep things positive.  What’s wrong with that? 

complaining does help. the devs either make an appearance due to it, a large amount of people request refunds forcing the devs hand, or its bad publicity meaning someone needs to release info. we havent even had a dev blog this month... so they deserve the bad publicity to try and force them to do something.

Just now, Frostybeans said:

complaining does help. the devs either make an appearance due to it, a large amount of people request refunds forcing the devs hand, or its bad publicity meaning someone needs to release info. we havent even had a dev blog this month... so they deserve the bad publicity to try and force them to do something.

In this situation complaining doesn’t help, in my opinion.  We already know what the last task is, and why it’s taking so long. And John is a very busy person, he’s working on more important stuff than a dev blog. But that’s just my opinion. Yours will obviously be different. 

The thing I am most confused about is if it is taking this long since the tracker was announced, how on Earth did they ever expect to release on their previous two "release dates"? Surely they could have looked before they even set the release dates and said "hmm, we have another 6 months of work to do, maybe we should wait to announce a release date."

3 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

The thing I am most confused about is if it is taking this long since the tracker was announced, how on Earth did they ever expect to release on their previous two "release dates"? Surely they could have looked before they even set the release dates and said "hmm, we have another 6 months of work to do, maybe we should wait to announce a release date."

You do have to remember that somewhere along the development of the first module they threw away all their code and started from scratch.

2 minutes ago, dagtag said:

You do have to remember that somewhere along the development of the first module they threw away all their code and started from scratch.

I'm not talking about that, I am talking about the previous two release dates where we have been told the module is releasing on a date, then a few days before the date they have delayed it. These dates were fairly recent. How did they not know until days before the dates that they wouldn't be able to release on time when we are here, months later, still waiting? Surely it would have been very apparent, very early on that these dates were unrealistic.

On 15/08/2018 at 6:30 AM, Cstove said:

Wow, great way to prove your intelligence.  If someone finds a tiny bit of wisdom in there let me know. 

Whatever may have happened,  Clearly they have walked into some kind of trouble.  You can make mistakes as a new developer, you mess things up...It can happen.  Even given the fact that they had to start from scratch and rewrite the code i would still like to see that progress.  We seen few videos of nothing but clunky animations, there is a number of models i would be a liar if i dismissed that but in terms of code..opening closing doors..not much code there.  particle effects, no code there.  They are digging their own grave but not stepping up to the community and letting us know what is going on...clearly something is going on and if you still think everything is pronto you have your hand in the sand..

18 hours ago, ItsRaiden said:

i have been for 6 years back when this idea was in arma life mod... they spoke about the days we are living in now. Just wait for it. its going to take at  least another 2 years to get something out like a beta or something. GTA V took 11 years to make... We never got to complain because it was hidden.

GTA V took five years to make, not 11... And only three of those five years were full development.

Edited by patrick68794

On 15/08/2018 at 5:41 AM, Stealthfuel said:

Impatient kids these days... 9_9

You literally signed up this year...

On 15/08/2018 at 4:22 AM, ItsRaiden said:

No, it's just not true. Stop lying to get more credibility.

Here's how I see it:
There was no way in hell they were going to get it done by the first deadline.  And if I recall, they even said in the kickstarter video "Two years should be plenty of time".  They kept us in the dark for over a year before a bunch of people started calling the game a scam and they FINALLY started a dev blog.  Now, I can see feeling like they don't need to update the players. "It's done when it's done" type of thing, which is what you see a lot of in private servers for various games.  My issue with it however, is that we are not just players.  A large majority of us either backed it on kickstarter or pledged into it, essentially making us investors.  As investors, we deserve to know what is going on.  Like it was stated above, there was a beta release date set in the spring, and a day or two before it was pushed, then it was pushed a second time to "Whenever its ready".   This is coming back to the whole leaving the investors in the dark again.  Why would they wait until the absolute LAST MINUTE (twice) to say it needs more work?  Its been a few months since that has happened, so obviously they were nowhere near ready to release the game.  It would be like you hiring someone to rennovate your house, you are told you can move in on the 15th of July, and on the 14th they say "We're waiting on paint. give us another week" and half a year goes by with no update.

It's not really about just being patient when we paid money (and effectively funded this project), were promised a deadline then left in the dark.  Try that at work and see what happens....

Edited by TakeiT
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TakeiT said:

Here's how I see it:
There was no way in hell they were going to get it done by the first deadline.  And if I recall, they even said in the kickstarter video "Two years should be plenty of time".  They kept us in the dark for over a year before a bunch of people started calling the game a scam and they FINALLY started a dev blog.  Now, I can see feeling like they don't need to update the players. "It's done when it's done" type of thing, which is what you see a lot of in private servers for various games.  My issue with it however, is that we are not just players.  A large majority of us either backed it on kickstarter or pledged into it, essentially making us investors.  As investors, we deserve to know what is going on.  Like it was stated above, there was a beta release date set in the spring, and a day or two before it was pushed, then it was pushed a second time to "Whenever its ready".   This is coming back to the whole leaving the investors in the dark again.  Why would they wait until the absolute LAST MINUTE (twice) to say it needs more work?  Its been a few months since that has happened, so obviously they were nowhere near ready to release the game.  It would be like you hiring someone to rennovate your house, you are told you can move in on the 15th of July, and on the 14th they say "We're waiting on paint. give us another week" and half a year goes by with no update.

It's not really about just being patient when we paid money (and effectively funded this project), were promised a deadline then left in the dark.  Try that at work and see what happens....

We've seen gameplay, its not like they built their engine from scratch, its not like they are building complex plotlines with multiple characters, the thing that I could understand taking the most work is probably map design and building, and they haven't even started from what I've seen.

They said first module would be out after a short delay less than a week before, what is this? Did they not even start? What kind of work are they even doing? Its not like the modeling team can't model while the other team makes the rest of the game, its not a step by step process. Animations still suck and all they said is that they had to import them or some shit.

Edited by abababababa