Boumu

Phone App

This is wayy (like super) down the line, but it'd be great to have an app for your phone that acts as your in-game phone and it can:

Check Bank info

Check home security camera's.

Manage property (for businesses or multiple homes)

Pay bills, transfer money

Set GPS, timer, alarms etc

Like I said, this is a Utopian dream but still cool idea :) 

• Like 2

Oh yes ! I'm totally hyped for it ! 

If you've chosen the businessman career, seeing Bank info in direct wherever you are could be pretty usefull !

I love it, the camera idea might be a little difficult, as you'd more than likely have to register the phone into the actual game server (as most of the time I doubt servers would be downloading too much of the visual aspects of the game world and be able to in [at least nearly] real-time display it on your phone.

GTA Online has an in-game mobile phone, but it took up the whole screen so you could tell if someone was shooting at you.

3 minutes ago, DanDud88 said:

GTA Online has an in-game mobile phone, but it took up the whole screen so you could tell if someone was shooting at you.

I wouldn't want to "play" Identity via smartphone - just handle my affairs via an app. Check messages, spy on the markets (and maybe invest over a cup of coffee), read the news feed etc.

Hello there @Xentinel!

Not a bad idea, I'll see if I can steer @Motown and/or @Paratus towards this topic to get a clear answer if there'll be some sort of mobile app to accompany Identity just for when you have to be away from a computer for the actual Real Life ;) !

Kind regards,
DJScias

This idea sounds very similar to the pipboy companion app for Fallout 4. It would of course be much harder to implement as Identity will be an mmo meaning that even while you are not playing the world around your character would constantly be changing and having to update the app with new information. 

It could be very useful for business owners who could be informed on whether stocks were low etc via the app.

27 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

What about outside your house? Where your car is parked? Or out in the back yard where your gang just dropped off crates of God knows what.

Screenshot_2016-01-07-08-22-20.png

You won't be able to leave cars outside your house for that long. 

Edited by DJScias
Changed mobile twitter link to desktop so embedding works.

I think having an application on my phone to check bank, message people, etc while playing the game would be a big bonus. Being able to keep track of multiple in game things that way.

8 minutes ago, Vix said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Identityrpg/status/671649474347798529

So you're saying that I can not, put my character in my home, go take a shit and check my cameras to make sure my car isn't jacked, or my outdoor weed- harvested by some asshole, or say I'm at home and my factory is across map- couldn't I use a security camera in any way? Even if it's only one and I can choose where(would shooting a security camera forever disable it or would it respond after awhile or(say we've repairman) a repair man come and fix it up nice and New)?

18 minutes ago, Vix said:

Hello there,

Fixed the link to twitter to desktop so the embedding system works!

Kind regards,
DJScias

• Like 1

Most likely will be an app for that (minus the camera).

It's not that hard connecting a playerID to the database via a phone app.

I know other games have companion apps for smartphones (Fallout 4 comes to mind) so it is possible. Lets hope it's something the devs might look into down the track

I would love this, I go out of town for weeks at a time pretty often, so it would be nice to use that to pay my bills and not find out that I was evicted when I get home.

I am sure I saw a tweet about the possibility of a companion app, but I can't find it lol. It would be really cool though, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty and Dying Light have had some pretty cool apps with various features such as being able to check your banks, sell gear, customize your character and message people not to mention complete tasks to unlock in-game gear, although I don't see that working for Identity.

It would be awesome to be able to chat to members of your group to maybe organise a heist, check the stock markets/bank accounts, check your mail or trade your gear.

I really hope an app is created :)

27 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

I am sure I saw a tweet about the possibility of a companion app, but I can't find it lol. It would be really cool though, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty and Dying Light have had some pretty cool apps with various features such as being able to check your banks, sell gear, customize your character and message people not to mention complete tasks to unlock in-game gear, although I don't see that working for Identity.

It would be awesome to be able to chat to members of your group to maybe organise a heist, check the stock markets/bank accounts, check your mail or trade your gear.

I really hope an app is created :)

Yes, you did see it on twitter because well i did and they said they will maybe think about a companion app in the future.