Kickapoo

Improve The Mobile Site

@Motown @HairyGrenade 

Just a quick observation which I happened to have come across when I tried using my forums on my mobile, is that they don't currently work very well. First off only about 2/3 of the actual webpage appears on my screen, and dragging to the left as if to scroll to the right of the webpage which is currently off screen doesn't do anything. Also the tab button in the top left corner where you access the sign in links and so so doesn't work, I will tap on it infinite times and nothing will happen. The only way I can sign in at the moment is by clicking on the comment box which redirects me to the sign in page. This makes for a rather annoying experience and especially for me as I used the old forum's mobile website an awful lot more than the PC version, and the mobile site for the old forums worked perfectly.

I know it's still early days and you might fix it anyway, just letting you know.

• Like 1

I don't experience these issues on my phone. Which phone are you using?

Also, to log in and such you want to click the 3-line button on the right side of the forums, not the one in the top left (that's for the main site navigation).

HTC Windows Phone, I don't normally have issues navigating websites but my phone isn't the best I gotta admit. Still, if it don't work for me it won't work for others. Iv'e had one or two say they have the same issues @Paratus

Edited by Kickapoo

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and on Mobile I experience just a few minor things. For example, when I press the 3 bars to access my account, the forums or my activity, I have to scroll down for the page itself to not cover it. I've only had the problem of constantly clicking it and it not working once but it doesn't seem to happen to me anymore. 

I didn't have issues on my mobile yet. The new website works way better than the old one on my phone actually! :D

throught the mobile website improoved drasticly since the old website.

though i s'pose the website is in its early days, and things will get smoothed over in the following weeks

On 05/01/2016 at 9:43 PM, paulchartres said:

Got the same prob. I think its cuz of Windows phone, i have one too.

Yup, Im sick of WIndows Phone now, its the worst out of the most well known operating systems for mobile in my opinion

Have you guys tried using a different mobile browser?

Edited by jcdock
69th post -giggles-

@Paratus This is what it looks like for me on mobile. To sign in I have to hit the 3 lines then this oversized menu pops up and have to scroll down slowly to find the sign in.....if I go to fast it refreshes :P This is on iPhone 6.

Rc0UsCm.jpg?1

Screenshot_2016-01-10-06-34-27_zpstgg7ry

This is what it looks like for me and I have a stupid Prestigio phone xD It looks exactly the same on Chrome and default Android browser.

Here are some other screenshots:

I'm using chrome on a Nexus 5 (1920*1080)

Screenshot_20160110-182255.thumb.png.0edScreenshot_20160110-182120.thumb.png.ffa

Screenshot_20160110-182215.thumb.png.82f

On the first picture, I can't close the menu with the 3 lines icon, I have to use de cross wich is under the other icon X)

On the forum I can't open the left menu to come back to the home of the site.

If I find some other bugs on my phone I'll post some more screenshots ;)

I get minor bugs when I use my mobile phone, but non of it affects the Forums when I am reading or typing in them. Its mostly over lapping pictures like Freebios shows.