JohnAllington

I think it's time to say "Thank you" to the Team!

Hello best Community of the World :D

Everytime when i hear about things working actually then i hear frustated voice that say: "they are kidding us" and "the team is not working properly"

In other Forums they say "Identity is scam".

Guys? really? do you follow the path of the developing to talk like that about the project? do you think you can do it better?

I think you should remember that this is the first project of Asylum Entertainment! I think you should remember that this is not a 1000-Man team, that this game develops as if it would be the fifth part of the game!

You should be grateful that the team is putting so much love into this project and developing it - every day and every night!

So my Message to the Team:

Thank you for all the strength and love you have invested in the project and will continue to invest!

You are doing a good Job! The community stands behind you and supports you in every situation!

Thank you!

Please note:

If I have made mistakes while writing I am sorry but I am from Germany and English I have learned only in school :D

best regards :)

John Allington

Edited by JohnAllington
  • Like 10

Hello,

I want to join this thread and say Thank you to the developers, too ! It's a huge and amazing project and looking forward for this game since a couple of yrs, bought my package a couple of days ago to support the team ! I can't imagine how much work it is to create such an big project - I mean, I've tried to code a short "Jump & Run" game a couple of yrs ago and it was tons of work… lol ! So, thank you for everything you've done and do in the future!

Oh, and a special thanks to everyone that supports the team (e.g. moderators) here and on the official Discord server. You did an good job!

Last but not least a big thank you to this community! Thank you for all your help! It's a long time ago… since I've seen such an helpful community!

Fair warning: My english is bad as hell, sorry for that - it's not my native language! I'll try to improve - but it will take a while until it's near "good" lol !

Best wishes,

I dont think games like this should announce deadlines. I know it helps drive the market and flow cash in, but it also creates this flood of short attention span drones that just bitch about missing the dead line. People need to burn a few leaves, chill out, and just enjoy the great community that is forming. If you dont have patients you shouldn't back games in hopes of getting a leg up and just wait for the shelf version.

6 minutes ago, Latamir said:

just enjoy the great community that is forming

The great community that attacks someone's personal character in the exact same post! Yeah, that sounds great! > .>;;;

• ver.1.22474487139 1

14 minutes ago, ShiEksdee said:

The great community that attacks someone's personal character in the exact same post! Yeah, that sounds great! > .>;;;

If your character is weak it should be pointed out so you can improve:) 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Hey there. While one could argue that I am not part of the team development wise, but still moderation wise, I really do just want to take the time and say thank you. For all the kind words said really. I would be lying if I said I never once though about leaving, taking a break, etc. from the game and community. It can be rough! Emotionally especially. So taxing that its almost hard to find a moment to savor amongst all other problems that may lie in between. And reading your message, it touches me. Every day I remind myself that why I come here isn't for moderation or because I am obligated to. Its because even before I joined the Asylum I hung around because I loved the community here. I met some amazing people here. Ones I talk to regularly and even ones I help and support when they might be feeling down. Really, the people just one product (Identity) has introduced me to is incredible and I can never see myself leaving them behind. I want to say it again. Thank you. Because we are all human we he hear every bit of what it said. Sometimes we have to take it personally, and it can hurt. But right now, heh, to be honest I am feeling rather well, and you contributed to that happy feeling. Thank you <3

• Like 2

@LightBringer

I am glad to read that we can bring up some happy feeling to you guys ! I was an moderator (many many yrs ago) and I know how hard it could be (sometimes) ! So I appreciate your awesome work here, day by day, and keep the community "running" ;) ! Thank you again and keep up your great work. I really hope we will see us ingame - but I am 100% sure I'll see you here or on Discord.

Best wishes,

5 hours ago, LightBringer said:

Hey there. While one could argue that I am not part of the team development wise, but still moderation wise, I really do just want to take the time and say thank you. For all the kind words said really. I would be lying if I said I never once though about leaving, taking a break, etc. from the game and community. It can be rough! Emotionally especially. So taxing that its almost hard to find a moment to savor amongst all other problems that may lie in between. And reading your message, it touches me. Every day I remind myself that why I come here isn't for moderation or because I am obligated to. Its because even before I joined the Asylum I hung around because I loved the community here. I met some amazing people here. Ones I talk to regularly and even ones I help and support when they might be feeling down. Really, the people just one product (Identity) has introduced me to is incredible and I can never see myself leaving them behind. I want to say it again. Thank you. Because we are all human we he hear every bit of what it said. Sometimes we have to take it personally, and it can hurt. But right now, heh, to be honest I am feeling rather well, and you contributed to that happy feeling. Thank you <3

Good work bud! :)

I do really appreciate all the work the team is doing. Not a lot of people can fully understand how difficult the full development of a game actually is, so I thank you all. 

Keep up the good work, because I know y'all will do great things for this game!

• Like 1

To play the devil's advocate, it isn't like the Devs haven't given people a lot to worry about and haven't warranted mistrust. I feel like most people will come around; including myself when I see people playing TS and seeing what they deliver. I still hope for the best for the game and the team behind it, however. I've just seen super ambitious games fail, and devs behind those games lie too much to not be a little suspicious.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Latamir said:

If your character is weak it should be pointed out so you can improve:) 

Attacking someone's personal character is an exact example of someone having a weak character. XD;; Because if your own character was strong, you wouldn't feel the need to attack others. But I digress! Many of the people who have complaints have legitimate complaints backed up by evidence that warrants worry.

• ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 13/09/2018 at 3:00 PM, JohnAllington said:

Everytime when i hear about things working actually then i hear frustated voice that say: "they are kidding us" and "the team is not working properly"

Guys? really? do you follow the path of the developing to talk like that about the project? do you think you can do it better?

I think you should remember that this is the first project of Asylum Entertainment! I think you should remember that this is not a 1000-Man team, that this game develops as if it would be the fifth part of the game!

You should be grateful that the team is putting so much love into this project and developing it - every day and every night!

Thank you for all the strength and love you have invested in the project and will continue to invest!

You are doing a good Job! The community stands behind you and supports you in every situation!

Thank you!

Please note:

If I have made mistakes while writing I am sorry but I am from Germany and English I have learned only in school :D

John Allington

Hear hear.

I agree, we all stand behind John and the whole asylum team and have done throughout this entire process despite some blockades and delays happening.

We should all be sticking together and helping the devs in anyway we can and if there are people who still think this game is a scam then I say bah humbug to you.

My personal message to the devs is this:

You have all of our support and love no matter what and we all stand firmly behind you.

Thank you all and keep strong.

• Like 1

Im all for thanking where it is due... what are we thanking them for just yet? Im not saying that in a troll way, but what have we got? Did I miss something?

Basic mistakes have, and are, being made by Asylum simply because they have never done this before. Announcing deadlines is,was, and always will be a huge mistake. Giving out steam keys for a product that is not even available for download is another. It's clear to see they are under a huge amount of pressure from people on a forum who CLEARLY have no interest in seeing a viable product come from all of this, they just want something now!.....me me me me me. FINISH it to YOUR standards, STOP giving out deadlines and the best of luck in your endeavours.

Edited by Jinx

2 hours ago, wiebley said:

Im all for thanking where it is due... what are we thanking them for just yet? Im not saying that in a troll way, but what have we got? Did I miss something?

did u not read the post?

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, JohnAllington said:

Thank you!

this is what we can thank them for ^

it isn't just about what is available to us... they have put a lot of time and effort in their idea and they have accomplished a lot since they started, definitely for a development team with little to no experience. You can perfectly thank someone for their effort even though you yourself don't have anything playable.

next time, read the goddamn post and you might get your information without needing to ask for it... and don't even bother to reply with "we cant thank them because we don't have anything to thank for" because that is your opinion... you don't want to thank the team, that is fine by me, but don't complain about the fact that others are thanking them. and don't tell them there is nothing to thank them for...

Edited by dagtag

14 hours ago, dagtag said:

did u not read the post?

this is what we can thank them for ^

it isn't just about what is available to us... they have put a lot of time and effort in their idea and they have accomplished a lot since they started, definitely for a development team with little to no experience. You can perfectly thank someone for their effort even though you yourself don't have anything playable.

next time, read the goddamn post and you might get your information without needing to ask for it... and don't even bother to reply with "we cant thank them because we don't have anything to thank for" because that is your opinion... you don't want to thank the team, that is fine by me, but don't complain about the fact that others are thanking them. and don't tell them there is nothing to thank them for...

Don;t get triggered son :)

I thought there might have been something I had missed that everyone was buzzing for. Turns out, there isn't. Is the fact that we are pledging not a thank you in itself? 

If I were to commission a painting... I wouldn't thank the artist for telling me that it's almost finished for 6 months with no evidence, or for showing me loads of different paints that could be on my painting, or if my artist was selling a load of other shit before they had finished the original painting. 

However, upon delivering the painting... even if it wasn't up to scratch, or wasn't as perfect as I had hoped for... Then I would still thank them for the effort. Right now all we have is 'It's almost finished' for the 32nd time in the past 6 months, and some steam keys which mean jack shit. 

Richard Dawkins once wrote a book called 'The God Delusion'. It was all about how science has proved that god does not exist. It's getting to the stage where he may write another one called 'The Identity Delusion'. It would feature extracts from all the fanboys on this forum against all the people living in the real world. It will be a thrilling read!

• Like 2

Yes thank you  team for giving me the runaround for the last 2 months when I ask for a refund.

• Like 2

I'm glad to see people being still enthusiast about Identity. I personally have been very generous towards the developers with the loyal pledges I've done through time. I've seen quite a lot of events in the past, good or bad, but I'm still here.

I'm not saying developers are perfect, nobody is. Things has been very slow at the beginning, and as they got more and more people working on Identity, they thought things were going great, but clearly underestimated the load of work required to finish the module. I was a bit disappointed when those two delays happened, but I just want them to take their time. Sure a lot of young people will put a lot of pressure, but I think they don't have the same standards.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, LightBringer said:

I would be lying if I said I never once though about leaving, taking a break, etc. from the game and community.

I can understand it can be rough to deal with community at times. But I think you've been doing a great job. I personally would be sad to see you go...

Sometimes too much negative vibes can really affect a person. But please stay strong Light!

On 9/15/2018 at 7:03 PM, Jinx said:

FINISH it to YOUR standards, STOP giving out deadlines and the best of luck in your endeavours.

^ Words. They've said in a long time they wanted to work on the game at their own pace, without being dictated or given deadlines. Hope they don't announce official dates anymore. I don't mind guesstimates, but people often tend to consider those as "official" and will rant about more delays as soon as it's not being met.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:14 PM, dagtag said:

next time, [...]

Hmm I may have missed something there buddy. Was I too late to see someone who's post got hidden/removed?

16 hours ago, wiebley said:

If I were to commission a painting... I wouldn't thank the artist for telling me that it's almost finished for 6 months with no evidence, or for showing me loads of different paints that could be on my painting, or if my artist was selling a load of other shit before they had finished the original painting. 

"With no evidence", what do you mean? I've seen the stream video and it definitely shut some mouths and changed the mind of some others. And that was within 3 months and a half. And if you don't want to thank the artist (or the developers in this case), it's up to you. I personally thank them and want them to keep on going. And I don't mind about the extra stuff being sold. Sure it's pricey, but you have to remember they are pledge rewards.

16 hours ago, wiebley said:

It's getting to the stage where he may write another one called 'The Identity Delusion'. It would feature extracts from all the fanboys on this forum against all the people living in the real world. It will be a thrilling read!

You say "fanboys", I say "people who are supporting the devs". I've seen quite a lot on the forum and on Discord especially. And it's much much more than just fanboys and people who live in the real world. What about the people utterly upset who trolls and just want reactions from others and doesn't bother to read anything? And the people who exaggerate things and laugh at others? And the ones who's being very patient and tolerant, regardless of the mistakes done by Asylum? And the ones still being skeptical but asking questions without letting their emotions take control of their mouth? Of course I could add more to the list but anyways.

Hope you'll enjoy reading that novel, if it'll release.

On 13/09/2018 at 4:00 PM, JohnAllington said:

Thank you!

Please note:

John Allington

if you started doing something there are two types of peoples one will support you and other will say that not good don`t do it   so ignore these peoples  if for word mistake

3 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Hmm I may have missed something there buddy. Was I too late to see someone who's post got hidden/removed?

that was a reaction to wiebly who basically said there was nothing to thank the development for, so you didn't miss anything.