TPlays

Where do you all stand. Pt. 2

Where Do You Stand?  

71 members have voted

  1. 1. What percentage do you support the game still?

    • 100%
      26
    • 75%
      11
    • 50%
      11
    • 25%
      12
    • 0%
      0
    • There is no hope.
      11


Recommended Posts

So long we have waited for this game I want to take a poll to see where you guys Still Stand. Like Always I am still 100% but I do have my complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50% and dwindling. That last bit of deception there really put a dent in my enthusiasm for the game.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit I was at 100% up until a few weeks ago but I'm now at 75%.  I still believe in the game and I understand how difficult and unpredictable taking on a such a daunting project can be BUT I do not understand nor appreciate the lack of communication as well as the lack of full on dedication to the project by the devs.  In my opinion given the circumstances the devs should not be working the normal 9-5 or taking 2 day weekend breaks as they are currently doing.  If they were really dedicated and passionate about the project they would be working overtime nonstop at least until the first module was released, especially given how behind schedule they are.  The lack of urgency tells me the devs aren't fully passionate or committed and don't care much about fan expectations.

I'm still giving the project the benefit of the doubt but another major red flag or two and my dedication will fall to 50% and I might consider asking for a refund.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

I admit I was at 100% up until a few weeks ago but I'm now at 75%.  I still believe in the game and I understand how difficult and unpredictable taking on a such a daunting project can be BUT I do not understand nor appreciate the lack of communication as well as the lack of full on dedication to the project by the devs.  In my opinion given the circumstances the devs should not be working the normal 9-5 or taking 2 day weekend breaks as they are currently doing.  If they were really dedicated and passionate about the project they would be working overtime nonstop at least until the first module was released, especially given how behind schedule they are.  The lack of urgency tells me the devs aren't fully passionate or committed and don't care much about fan expectations.

I'm still giving the project the benefit of the doubt but another major red flag or two and my dedication will fall to 50% and I might consider asking for a refund.

 

A lot of the devs are still working, but not in office and the ones who need the office might not have access or have a family to be with. For instance, Paratus has a baby / family he needs to spend time with and so working 24/7 isn't an option, yeah he probably does work a lot at home but after he has family time.

People need lives outside of work too mate but I understand why you want them to be working non stop, but that's not a healthy family life. You may not care when it comes to making your passionate project come true but others do.

They are working with more dedication than we think but Family is Family after all. I would love for them to work all the time to get it out, but I think even if I am passionate about my job, family first before the job. That is my morals anyways. They want TS to come out as much as any of us do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it is almost September and still, nothing, a few updated Screenshots of Furniture, The Dev gets on once every few weeks and spews how everything is business as usual in Identity land, BLA, BLA, BLA. 

Look how long it's been since the first bait and switch of Launching time square.  I gave up on this game, the Minute I  found out the Launch date was false. Then the Tracker,  Somehow words on a screen about Gangs, turf, Cartels, is supposed to keep players from moving on, if there is no Action, people won't fall for this Pipedream to much longer.   I know everyone has Family life, I know the Devs are Human but don't just put words out there that are meanless, get to Action, so it's more than text on a screen.   Before, anyone states, "you're still here", Yeah I am, I refunded, lost cause, I just find amusement in reading these Threads of a Game that will not have a following once after the many years it takes to become a reality if it ever does.

Dead in the water before it ever began. 0 HOPE 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rainwalker said:

Well, it is almost September and still, nothing, a few updated Screenshots of Furniture, The Dev gets on once every few weeks and spews how everything is business as usual in Identity land, BLA, BLA, BLA. 

Look how long it's been since the first bait and switch of Launching time square.  I gave up on this game, the Minute I  found out the Launch date was false. Then the Tracker,  Somehow words on a screen about Gangs, turf, Cartels, is supposed to keep players from moving on, if there is no Action, people won't fall for this Pipedream to much longer.   I know everyone has Family life, I know the Devs are Human but don't just put words out there that are meanless, get to Action, so it's more than text on a screen.   Before, anyone states, "you're still here", Yeah I am, I refunded, lost cause, I just find amusement in reading these Threads of a Game that will not have a following once after the many years it takes to become a reality if it ever does.

Dead in the water before it ever began. 0 HOPE 

 

 

It does not have a hope to be honest. I do believe they will release Town Square, no doubt. Why havnt they released it yet? Because once they do, everyone will see what 3 years of dev has done and get a serious reality check. I havnt refunded - mostly because I really cant be bothered, but also because $30 is well worth going into the TS module and watching everyone rant in game about how there is nothing to do. The actual reality check will be pure entertainment!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wiebley said:

Because once they do, everyone will see what 3 years of dev has done and get a serious reality check.

you cant just speculate something and pass it as truth. they are taking out the last minor bugs, a bug no matter how small can be gamebreaking. read up on game development before making false accusations...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dagtag said:

you cant just speculate something and pass it as truth. they are taking out the last minor bugs, a bug no matter how small can be gamebreaking. read up on game development before making false accusations...

 

Having worked in game development for a number of years and still in Software Dev and QA... I believe I have a fairly good understanding of this process ;)

Edited by wiebley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wiebley said:

Having worked in game development for a number of years and still in Software Dev and QA... I believe I have a fairly good understanding of this process ;)

 

doesn't seem like it looking at your accusations... seems to me like you are angry at the development and want people to ask for refunds, I don't see any other reason why you would spread false information.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dagtag said:

doesn't seem like it looking at your accusations... seems to me like you are angry at the development and want people to ask for refunds, I don't see any other reason why you would spread false information.

 

I am pissed off, mostly with myself for fooling for all of this! One can dream though! 

What is this false information of which you speak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wiebley said:

What is this false information of which you speak?

this:

12 minutes ago, wiebley said:

Because once they do, everyone will see what 3 years of dev has done and get a serious reality check

You might have meant it as your thoughts on it, but if you did I would suggest changing the sentence because when formulated like this it looks like a fact

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dagtag said:

this:

You might have meant it as your thoughts on it, but if you did I would suggest changing the sentence because when formulated like this it looks like a fact

 

I guess that could be taken as me stating a fact, it is my opinion.

I tell you what, wait until they release the TS module, then u can call my bullshit. I would genuinely be happy to be called out upon it because we all win in that instance. I just can't see anything else happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wiebley said:

Having worked in game development for a number of years and still in Software Dev and QA... I believe I have a fairly good understanding of this process ;)

 

Hello fellow game developer. xD Just saying hi because I like chatting up game developers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

50% and dwindling. That last bit of deception there really put a dent in my enthusiasm for the game.

 

Thank you for taking your time to commit to the post and Voting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 100% still.  I obviously understand the frustration from others. But I’m staying positive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rainwalker said:

The Dev gets on once every few weeks and spews how everything is business as usual in Identity land, BLA, BLA, BLA. 

The thing that interested me is that when the plagiarism accusations came out the devs were straight on and the moderator locked the topic. Almost like they entered damage control mode.

I don't like talking bad about the devs because I am sure some of them read these, but I do stick up for them when I can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75% cause at this point there is no way of knowing if the game will ever be released. also the twitch was interesting at first but its just an hour of wasted time once you realize all that happens is some bland graphics manipulation like a bucket or some weird popcorn tub or some lame tattoo job, and the guy talking  cherry picking comments from the chat so he can be like 'oh yeah just click this link to another twitch clip' . just give relevant info, why is that hard? they never answer real questions, not even easy ones like 'when is the next dev blog?' cause they dont know, but sometimes he will say 'oh dev blog will be out later today' a week later 'dev blog out today for sure' two days later 'dev blog today' and then finnaly not that day but the next day we get the blog.... why all the deception towards the community? just tell the truth. that tracker has been sitting at that last bit for a month now maybe, and it hasnt moved and when people ask, the Identity Defense Force starts screaming, patience with the devs. why? they just mislead and misinform. why patience? when devs just can use the tracker as the excuse for no release.

now go buy some $50 cosmetic pets cause the game is almost ready! GO BUY PETS! PETS! Just, PETS! cause you know CATS and DOGS oh my...

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

50% and dwindling. That last bit of deception there really put a dent in my enthusiasm for the game.

 

what was the last bit of deception?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now