GrandPaladin

1st module is delayed yay!!

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

These are the messages off of discord

Arky-Today at 5:38 AM

 
The module has been delayed
 
 

DRAGONFLY TODD/AUSTV-Today at 5:38 AM

 
I know
 
 

Arky-Today at 5:39 AM

 
So that's months off. Don't worry about it for now man
 
 

DRAGONFLY TODD/AUSTV-Today at 5:39 AM

 
M O N T H S ?
 
 

Arky-Today at 5:39 AM

 
That's what I heard
 
 

Motown-Today at 5:39 AM

 
Send me some questions Dragonfly and I'll respond!
 
 

Arky-Today at 5:39 AM

 
They're putting a video in its place while they finish it up
 
 

Motown-Capture.thumb.PNG.63cfa03e90d0f86bd17aa7

rea
Edited by GrandPaladin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole time everyone was super excited about it being out in march, i was like HA! not gunna happen...just my opinion but its gunna be a good 3-4 months maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was public knowledge. It was publicly talked about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arky said:

This was public knowledge. It was publicly talked about

That the modules are not gonna be out on march was public knowledge? There was never an official statement of anyone from Asylum that this will be delayed. Where can i get these information? ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, to be honest I expected this. Not the first time Asylum are excusing themselves. Let's hope the wait will be worth it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Woritmor said:

That the modules are not gonna be out on march was public knowledge? There was never an official statement of anyone from Asylum that this will be delayed. Where can i get these information? ;)

They were talking about in the forums. I believe even Motown got involved with the conversation and stated that it will be replaced with a gameplay video instead.

24 minutes ago, Electriq said:

Well, to be honest I expected this. Not the first time Asylum are excusing themselves. Let's hope the wait will be worth it.

I can only assume it will be. They have to create a lot of their own assets if they wanna give it an original feel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arky said:

They were talking about in the forums. I believe even Motown got involved with the conversation and stated that it will be replaced with a gameplay video instead.

I searched for it and could't find anything regarding this. (maybe i just couldn't find it) But if there whould be any communication regarding the delay of the module there whouldn't be much threads about "when will the module be released" and "when do you think the module will be released". When it comes to releasedates, the community whould know it if there was any public announcement. (Because the people are hyped for a date)

The only thing i knew about was this :

MotownDiscord.thumb.png.f60dc5273ba6c9fe

But this is no official announcement for the delay. Regarding to this post many people just expected that the module will not be released in march. 

Well with the latest discussion in discord the module will be deleayed. But an official announcement is still pending and there was no public talk about it as you said (no offense against you, just my result) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's the end of March already. Motown is sick from what he said which I find highly logical from what he's been doing. He went to PAX and GDC and those things are cold conventions. If not April then at least mid April by my guestament. You gotta realize this game is three years old. I can see them wanting to perfect it. Investors are picky people.

9 minutes ago, Woritmor said:

I searched for it and could't find anything regarding this. (maybe i just couldn't find it) But if there whould be any communication regarding the delay of the module there whouldn't be much threads about "when will the module be released" and "when do you think the module will be released". When it comes to releasedates, the community whould know it if there was any public announcement. (Because the people are hyped for a date)

The only thing i knew about was this :

MotownDiscord.thumb.png.f60dc5273ba6c9fe

But this is no official announcement for the delay. Regarding to this post many people just expected that the module will not be released in march. 

Well with the latest discussion in discord the module will be deleayed. But an official announcement is still pending and there was no public talk about it as you said (no offense against you, just my result) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arky said:

Well it's the end of March already. Motown is sick from what he said which I find highly logical from what he's been doing. He went to PAX and GDC and those things are cold conventions. If not April then at least mid April by my guestament. You gotta realize this game is three years old. I can see them wanting to perfect it. Investors are picky people.

That's for sure. Well, i don't write this because i am "angry" or "mad" that it has been delayed.I can understand this and i say i am not bad informed about the game because of reading the forums and Q&A's etc. 

But when it comes to Identity many people say that the communication of the developers is bad and because of this some people think that this game is scam. (Here in the Forums are posts about it and on Reddit for example) As you said the game is 3 years old already and in this timespan too less information has been given to the community. "Just" 2 Videos, Concept Arts but nothing playable. For most peopel it's to little. Many people (like me) also want official information from the developers and don't want to find about if the module has been delayed by a discord screenshot some user posted here. They want to hear it from @Motown or @Paratus here in the Forums or on the social Media pages. 

Now the news will be spread cause of this thread, maybe later on Reddit and people again start to think "why didn't they officialy announce the delay and we had to find out because of rumors and another Discord Screenshot?" (And even the Screenshot posted here doesn't have an official statement because its not Motowns area as he said) That's what many people will think and i can understand it. Even in my oppinion they should announce the delay officialy in a devblog for example in the next days. Else some people could get mad again

I tried to empathize with the other peoples thoughts regarding on what they already wrote here in the forums and on reddit about the game. So please see this post an well-intentioned advice to the developers and not as a flame post from myself. Thank you :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Arky said:

Well it's the end of March already. Motown is sick from what he said which I find highly logical from what he's been doing. He went to PAX and GDC and those things are cold conventions. If not April then at least mid April by my guestament. You gotta realize this game is three years old. I can see them wanting to perfect it. Investors are picky people.

@Woritmor The game is not 3 years old.... The kickstarter was 2 years, 2 months ago. They didn't start working properly on the game until the kickstarter was over / funded.

I think a good estimation of the module being delayed at most of 3 weeks but I think it will be mid April around the 14th being my estimate. The reason I think it has only been delayed by so much is because the devs only was delayed by at most 2 weeks from going GDC and PAX, I am including that Motown was ill after as well with the delays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

@Woritmor The game is not 3 years old.... The kickstarter was 2 years, 2 months ago. They didn't start working properly on the game until the kickstarter was over / funded.

I think a good estimation of the module being delayed at most of 3 weeks but I think it will be mid April around the 14th being my estimate. The reason I think it has only been delayed by so much is because the devs only was delayed by at most 2 weeks from going GDC and PAX, I am including that Motown was ill after as well with the delays.

This game is three years old no matter how you put it. We've known about it for three years so it's three years old James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Arky said:

This game is three years old no matter how you put it. We've known about it for three years so it's three years old James

It was only announced 2 years ago and so how could we have known about it 3 years ago if it was not being produced.

Edited by JamesLuck01
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So bad :< but isn't confirmed yeat so hope is still here...

PD: Can someone invite me to the discord forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Eriberto said:

So bad :< but isn't confirmed yeat so hope is still here...

PD: Can someone invite me to the discord forum?

https://discord.gg/k7drXVn  it is not a forum.. it is a chat area like Teamspeak.

Edited by JamesLuck01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think the first module is the most complicated one that's why they are taking their time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mezdoo said:

i think the first module is the most complicated one that's why they are taking their time

I think the racing module will be more complicated to get perfected.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I think the racing module will be more complicated to get perfected.

I hope so. Vehicle dynamics are a pretty complicated feat of both understanding engineering and programming so I hope they have someone in place to deal with that properly.

Quote

All vehicles are being made with painstakingly realistic physics and high fidelity.

This is a quote from their kickstarter and something I'm following very closely myself. It's something I hope they get right and essentially makes or breaks this game for me. I hope it takes a very decent amount of time to work on and I definitely don't mind if it gets delayed. My only issue with it is how to make "painstakingly realistic physics" accessible to a general audience without dumbing it down. Various racing and driving simulators do NOT work well with either controller or mouse and keyboard. Looking at console examples like Forza and Gran Turismo have dumbed down physics to be more responsive for casual controller use.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this game is brought up various times throughout the forum and this game's related forum websites as well, but I believe we should entrust in the developers and other's related with the game as well, but we sure as hell don't want another No Man's Sky on our hands. Not saying that this game will be, but it's another one of those "too good to be true" games, and we all know that to be true. Sure we have the capability, but it's the funding. If No Man's Sky would have been funded and had a capable team, it could have been a massive success and not fallen off so quickly. I understand the "hands-off developers", put a bit a scare into the community, we have reason to after the recent failure of games the past year and so on, but I believe we should let the development stage run its course and determine the game and companies outcome after the first module is release. I too hope to see a statement from the developers confirming or debunking these alleged claims soon. Hopefully, we will! If you took the time to read this entire post, thanks. Leave a like if you don't mind ;)

 

~ SummitsEdge

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Looks like to me in the first OP that arky is just spreading some bs, at no point did motown ever agree to what a random guy on the forums and discord, is saying. Then Mr.Clark asked motown on the 18th of march 2017, asking if its been delayed then motown has just stated you're probably hearing rumours but cant comment on timelines. Chill out everyone till we get an official statement, yes motown stated that the town square is behind because of pax and gdc but no one ever stated anything official.

Edited by Narc
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I think the racing module will be more complicated to get perfected.

you might be right if there is alot of cars customization. if not i think the first one needs alot more work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mezdoo said:

you might be right if there is alot of cars customization. if not i think the first one needs alot more work

Well the first one only is complex because they had to code al of the base game/ content and most of that is already done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 3/18/2017 at 6:57 AM, Electriq said:

Well, to be honest I expected this. Not the first time Asylum are excusing themselves. Let's hope the wait will be worth it.

Not the first time a game, show (Rick and Morty), or whatever's been delayed. Nevertheless, if they make it worth the wait I'll be more than happy to excuse their miscalculation.

Development is hard, otherwise all of us here who have the time to be complaining about it all day would probably be even looking to help the Identity team themselves; After all they're always open to new talent.

Edited by Hill
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well the first one only is complex because they had to code al of the base game/ content and most of that is already done.

soo that means release will be near mid / late 2018 if all goes well ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now