gorgoroth

rp group/server plans anyone?

hello, just wondering what everyone plans on doing for groups in identity? wither it be gang related, police, artists, the government or full server related groups based on the roleplay side.

all of this based on the launch of the game for some idea of a good place to start on day one.

as someone not the most experienced in roleplay in this genre (mainly warcraft rp) it'd be great to have an idea of the groups people plan on.

Edited by gorgoroth

Nobody will have a plan on day one. When people first log in to the game I imagine they would want to explore the game and become familiar with its mechanics before they start roleplaying.

i know its a long time away but it'd be nice to know more about people who plan on running the community servers so theres less chance of starting on one server then moving the next day because we didnt know what server would be best.

i understand people probably haven't planned this far yet and we dont know too much about the servers yet so it might be a hard question to answer but if anyone was set on running a server for rp, it'd be good to see what they'd plan on enforcing i the server before launch.

The game will probably be as easy to RP in as in Altis Life. It might not be as heavily relied on text as in SA:MP.

I'll probably look forward to hosting a Nordic server and I'd be interested in police/political careers. I'll try out being criminal and business if those are good ways to become rich and successful.

At some point as the game develops and i get a feel for the game i would like to start a Uni group. What i mean by that is hiring professors to work (RP) at the Uni 

My plan is finding one of the official servers, next there will be me, and the other mafia families, and we will all start our crime organization, establishing territory, and connections. I hope that like everyone on this site, like active posters, all join the same server. 

29 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

My plan is finding one of the official servers, next there will be me, and the other mafia families, and we will all start our crime organization, establishing territory, and connections. I hope that like everyone on this site, like active posters, all join the same server. 

More or less the same, except I'll be a businessman during the day and criminal by night. I do hope everyone, like Kevin says, join the same server and play at least for a little while before we all separate as we have all patiently waited together, talked to each other, and helped provide ideas to the dev team together since the old forums started all that time ago.

• Like 1

Im thinking of making a prison gang that solely RP's within the prison. If no ones gonna join me in there. I guess ill be in there myself :)

I'm sure there will be people who will rent/lease servers from Asylum before Day One, to ensure they get their community setup and it becoming another popular server other than the official ones being released.

19 minutes ago, Sicario said:

I'm sure there will be people who will rent/lease servers from Asylum before Day One, to ensure they get their community setup and it becoming another popular server other than the official ones being released.

that's what im hoping so there will be more chance of bigger groups of dedicated roleplayers wont end up in separate servers on release and end up with only half filled servers because of this.

and im sure a few people have plans on making a run for houses to buy or rent before theyre all taken ;) like actual houses instead of apartments, if their base price is extremely low or they are rent based then the people who pay more and get the bonus starter money would have a big advantage there so those people would be pretty annoyed if they ended up in the wrong server after "claiming" a house that would be taken in another server if they decided to move.

personally id love a house but wouldnt be top priority on launch but im sure there are people who do plan on claiming a house as soon as they can.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to find a fun group to play with; still don't know what kind of job I'll be working...

@Xentinel if the time comes you'll see what you'll do ingame. just don'T confuse yourself before the game is out. how about you decide for criminal, cop or office guy now and just change it when identity got published?

3 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Xentinel if the time comes you'll see what you'll do ingame. just don'T confuse yourself before the game is out. how about you decide for criminal, cop or office guy now and just change it when identity got published?

Because I want to choose the role that is the being used the least, If I choose to be a criminal now and there are too many criminals it would only be right to become a cop, but then I have a past history of being a criminal while trying to become a cop. See what I'm getting at?

16 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

Because I want to choose the role that is the being used the least, If I choose to be a criminal now and there are too many criminals it would only be right to become a cop, but then I have a past history of being a criminal while trying to become a cop. See what I'm getting at?

I know there won't be many strippers so I don't have this issue. :D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

I doubt there'll be a rush of people applying to be fishermen or hunters?

Just now, Sicario said:

I doubt there'll be a rush of people applying to be fishermen or hunters?

Still can't decide if I want to live off the land or work in the city. Depends on the jobs; like I said :) 

15 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

Still can't decide if I want to live off the land or work in the city. Depends on the jobs; like I said :) 

I'm sure whatever job you do choose, you'll be great at it! :) 

Edited by Sicario
  • Like 1

you know what? if i get an ingame apartment with at least 2 bedrooms i'll let you use one while you're waiting to decide what way you want to choose  @Xentinel :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

you know what? if i get an ingame apartment with at least 2 bedrooms i'll let you use one while you're waiting to decide what way you want to choose  @Xentinel :D

Aw that's so nice :D

I might try and get an investment partner, that is famous for their RP server and make them buy a server in Identity.

Then I can become a high end staff within it. But this will probably be after I have retired from my mob visions.

I'll start on the official servers with my crime family but if the RP on them isn't serious enough I might start a server.

7 minutes ago, Johnny said:

I'll start on the official servers with my crime family but if the RP on them isn't serious enough I might start a server.

Starting a server might be hard, as i think everyone will like to play on official servers. Although i don't know all the options and there might be things on the official servers people dislike, and choose player made servers. We'll see. 

2 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

Starting a server might be hard, as i think everyone will like to play on official servers. Although i don't know all the options and there might be things on the official servers people dislike, and choose player made servers. We'll see. 

It's possible, but I think there will always be a demand for un-official servers. I guess we'll find out. Either way unless there is something seriously wrong with the majority of official players, I probably won't be starting my own server, but on the other hand owning a server is always fun and rewarding.