Tongi

Game is a scam?

Hello folkes, i have recently talked with alot of my friends who also bought the game who actually just think the game is a scam because they said " available in early 2017 " and the progress bar have been stuck on 76% in 3-4 months now?

i'm just curious if we're the only one who feels that?

Edited by Tongi

2 hours ago, Tongi said:

Hello folkes, i have recently talked with alot of my friends who also bought the game who actually just think the game is a scam because they said " available in early 2017 " and the progress bar have been stuck on 76% in 3-4 months now?

i'm just curious if we're the only one who feels that?

Games get delayed for the better not for the worse! The game is being created by a small team and well the timeline which they gave was optimistic I think as it was not do-able as games of this size take at least 3 years to perfect with a small team. The devs recently hired another full time dev which so the progress for the first module is moving forward but the progress bar is manually updated and that is only done when the devs feel they have hit a milestone in development progress towards the module. Be patient as games come better when you take the time in the development and well rushing a game makes the games *shit*. The more delays, are for the better even if we don't get it for a long time as it just shows they are perfecting the game more. I know it looks like it is a scam that way but if you have faith then you will not regret it when they do release. As it was said above, Module 1 is set to release soon.

• Like 11

Why is this always a questions? Just look it up man. Google and YouTube are a never ending source of information 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tongi said:

available in early 2017 "

They said it would be released in the 1st Quarter which will most likely be the end of March, however that may change, just as James has said patience is all it takes.

• Like 1

they could publish the game now, but it would most probably have more bugs than assassin's creed :P

Edited by Shimozukachi
  • Like 1

On 11/03/2017 at 1:33 PM, Shimozukachi said:

they could publish the game now, but it would most probably have more bugs than assassin's creed :P

qa1y6zvrsxs3veen1hku.thumb.jpg.87bf28d5d

What do you mean graphical bugs in Assassins Creed, there are none!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

qa1y6zvrsxs3veen1hku.thumb.jpg.87bf28d5d

What do you mean graphical bugs in Assassins Creed, there are none!

you're right. they've just invented a new, gas based alien race.

• Like 3

I'm not convinced about this game. I'm involved in a small team creating a game and we have already created more content than what identity has shown. What I have seen from identity can be done in a couple of weeks with a small team.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 3/24/2017 at 0:48 PM, BennLeww said:

I'm not convinced about this game. I'm involved in a small team creating a game and we have already created more content than what identity has shown. What I have seen from identity can be done in a couple of weeks with a small team.

Some devs like to take their time and work with their community or make sure they cover a lot of ground and just don't skim over stuff. People are always going to be picky over stupid stuff but as long as they get a lot of things covered and polished up, people can wait just a bit longer for a great game. It has potential, they aren't just rushing to push garbage *cough*EA*cough* (not meant to bash :P)

Edited by DarkDIce
  • Like 1

On 23/03/2017 at 4:48 PM, BennLeww said:

What type of game are you and that small team creating? Is it of the scale this game is? and Also the things which we have seen are only a small portion of which has been created. So you cannot say you would be able to build a game like this without hitting any problems on the way. Also as stated many times around the forum, the devs are only showing a small portion of what they have because otherwise what is there to be hyped over when seeing in-game if you have seen everything. Another reason is that the developers don't want others to steal ideas.

On 24/03/2017 at 2:48 AM, BennLeww said:

they havent created only what theyve shown mate lol. They've shown barely anything, for good reasons.

• Like 1

You've got to realize that a "small team" creating such an ambitious game will take some time. Have you ever coded, modeled, or designed anything? Its an extremely time consuming job and requires patience from every party. Smaller games (below 1 GB), often times, sport a couple hundred thousand lines of code. On top of that, add the community. We keep asking the devs for more and more, and as they see fit, add more and more to their list. So it makes complete sense to me that this game is delayed. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, xLambx said:

You've got to realize that a "small team" creating such an ambitious game will take some time. Have you ever coded, modeled, or designed anything? Its an extremely time consuming job and requires patience from every party. Smaller games (below 1 GB), often times, sport a couple hundred thousand lines of code. On top of that, add the community. We keep asking the devs for more and more, and as they see fit, add more and more to their list. So it makes complete sense to me that this game is delayed. 

Of course I have experience in these things, as I explained in my post I'm involved in a project. I hope this game does turn out as good as it sounds don't get me wrong. I'm just sceptical at the moment

Hey I love the optimism from early 2017 about this game, just wondering that after yet another delay with no new release date is the optimism still there or has people eventually realising that the Devs have made off with over £1,000,000 worth of your cash. This game has been talked about since 2016 and it's now 2018 and there is still not even the poxy town square yet. #beenrobbbedbutblindedbytheprospect

• ver.1.22474487139 1

44 minutes ago, M1k3lr said:

Hey I love the optimism from early 2017 about this game, just wondering that after yet another delay with no new release date is the optimism still there or has people eventually realising that the Devs have made off with over £1,000,000 worth of your cash. This game has been talked about since 2016 and it's now 2018 and there is still not even the poxy town square yet. #beenrobbbedbutblindedbytheprospect

They’re still working on the game! The devs have started over twice, due to them wanting to increase their standards. Check out the task tracker, to see how close we are to the TS release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M1k3lr said:

Like I have said numerous times: You did not purchase a product, you made a donation. You should have been aware that this game is in-development by a small team, and that it takes a while. The second you donated, you joined the development wagon. The developers haven't stolen anything.

And frankly, accusing them of being a scam because you weren't delivered an item you were not promised is simply childish.

Edited by subway244
  • Like 2

And I've been waiting for 2 years, not moaning you've been waiting 5 hours, start moaning... So shut up and wait you, immature pushy kid.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

41 minutes ago, shadowkiller said:

And I've been waiting for 2 years, not moaning you've been waiting 5 hours, start moaning... So shut up and wait you, immature pushy kid.

PijcGEU.gif

• ver.1.22474487139 2

When I think scam, I'm imagining a person/people deliberately baiting others into giving them free money without intent to deliver. It's more probable that this game keeps getting snagged by a couple of things to make it in danger of reaching a thing we indie devs call Development Hell.

Firstly, people need to realize that this project is ambitious beyond belief even for a seasoned developer. These types of games typically require a studio hundreds if not more devs working full-time to get done as quickly as the player base is demanding. Secondly, the budget funds raised for the game are nowhere near enough to sustain a team working full-time on this project. Which means unless they dipped into their own pockets to fund or found another source of funds, this project would have probably tilted more on the side of a Passion Project (working on a game in spare time for free/for the love of game dev itself). Thirdly, especially in an indie studio where the team is on the smaller side, life stuff happening chisels out dev times harder than in a team where there's plenty of people to cover if one or more people are out of commission for awhile.

So my fear and hesitation for this game isn't so much that I think it is a scam (I personally do not believe it is - from a fellow indie game dev POV), but that it is a project that is highly susceptible to fall indefinitely into Development Hell at some point. Especially in the long run of things. MMO's are a pain to maintain and keep content fresh and updated. It's a neverending developed game, unlike offline games. ^^;;

The only problem I have so far with this game (other than the extreme Dev Hell risk) is that there needs to be a touch more understanding on management: How to market/maintain their backer interest, prioritizing certain things, etc. for example the lack of communication by way of making gameplay videos and "pledge package" details, etc. NDA-type stuff is mandatory for large companies that fund their own games. It shouldn't be so hard to find organized pockets of info and gameplay videos and all that for a game that is crowdfunded. A.K.A. you can't create a crowdfund game and treat the marketing the same way a AAA-title game company will. I mean you CAN, but it's not really a nice thing to do. xD

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

I must admit being a "PC Gamer" is kind of a let down from all the hype I've heard from ppl over the years...I seen so many games, playing on consoles and now PC for a year, go for $60 and not even come close to the scale this game aims to be. I've seen people say $45 is too much!?!?!? WHAT?!  How many games have sold for $60 years after they were released. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand how massive Identity actually plans to be, with enough support from us, and how early in the process we are...I see some of the moderator's tell others that they are shooting for 2020-2021 release...GOD I hope NOT! No game has ever been made on a scale like this and it takes years to make games a fraction of this size, from more established, fully funded, veteran developers. With many MANY years of experience making games just LIKE it, though they get better and better with every iteration. Asylum making Identity would be like Rockstar making GTA 7 or 8 as it's first game...Red Dead Redemption 2 has already taken 7+ years, and that's from a well established developer, that didn't have to wait for more developer's or funding. If we expect Identity to be the game it can be...Then this team, in it's current size, will need more time than that 20-21 release date, and so much more funding. 

I can't understand how people actually expect a smaller, newer, less seasoned company to make a game in scale like Identity, and do it in less time, with lot less money. Than an experienced developer with a solid foothold in the industry, and with how many games under it's belt?...come on people let's be realistic...If we can't start acting like gaming enthusiasts, I don't really see many games becoming the games that can really set PC gaming apart from any other platform...unless of course they already have everything they need. Asylum is basically skipping years and years of development making smaller games to jump to their piece de resistance. The ONLY way this happens, is if we believe in their vision, and give them the support they need thru us banding together as gamer's and telling the industry the games WE want to play! We aren't gonna get better games, than the games going for $60, if we keep hearing games shouldn't cost X amount on a platform that's supposed to be for gaming enthusiasts.

• Like 3