Dizzle

Animations?

So for those of you who have played SA-MP you might be familiar with the concept of animations. Things like /talk , or /lean or /walk 12

So I'm wondering if Identity will feature a plethora of various animations that we can use to roleplay more ... em.. words. more in-depth?... I dunno. But I'd like to change my walking style, to represent who I am as a person. Or if I'm standing up, to lean against something. Sit down on a park bench, etc etc.

havent played sa-mp, but i assume it means your charecter performs an action, like wave or dance ect. yes i would imagen theese would be in identity, and you can greet people with them :)

27 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

So for those of you who have played SA-MP you might be familiar with the concept of animations. Things like /talk , or /lean or /walk 12

So I'm wondering if Identity will feature a plethora of various animations that we can use to roleplay more ... em.. words. more in-depth?... I dunno. But I'd like to change my walking style, to represent who I am as a person. Or if I'm standing up, to lean against something. Sit down on a park bench, etc etc.

For sure. We're also trying to make every bit of the environment as interactive as possible, too. We already have nice motion-captured animations for sitting on the benches, waving and that kind of stuff. We'll try to get multiple walking animations to choose from as well but that's actually lot of work. Walking is actually dozens of different animations working together.

Some animations have purpose, too. For example you can "greet" people to wave, which will (on some private servers who choose it) allow those people you greet to know your character's name.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Walking is actually dozens of different animations working together.

I feel ya, been there done that. Whew.

14 minutes ago, Paratus said:

For sure. We're also trying to make every bit of the environment as interactive as possible, too. We already have nice motion-captured animations for sitting on the benches, waving and that kind of stuff. We'll try to get multiple walking animations to choose from as well but that's actually lot of work. Walking is actually dozens of different animations working together.

Some animations have purpose, too. For example you can "greet" people to wave, which will (on some private servers who choose it) allow those people you greet to know your character's name.

Are you going to have to use your /chat box to do these commands or can you make a tab-like option thing. So e.g. you type " /interactions " and then a small menu of these interactions pop up and you can choose which one. Still a lot of work to make that and so on but would be useful for new people to the RP.

1 hour ago, Paratus said:

If only it was like that in real life, you wave at a girl and you have her real name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanDud88 said:

If only it was like that in real life, you wave at a girl and you have her real name.

Doesn't sound creepy at all :P

• Like 1

You "need" to fix an animation  that´s called "Make it rain". The character takes like 50 dollar bills and throw each one on the ground in flashy manner for the hobos. ;)

75604-obama-making-it-rain-gif-imgur-qe5

Edited by ElChapo

If I can sit on a car or lean on it, smoke a cigarette as if it's a part of my character and have a intimidation interaction where I wave my gun up and down in someone's face then I'll be happy

*puts out cigarette*

*Stops leaning on alley wall*

*pulls gun out and approaches random person* 

*aims gun sideways then points from knee to throat repetitively changing, while talking*

"I just finished my last smoke, got change for a gang banga, busta?"

1 hour ago, ElChapo said:

You "need" to fix an animation  that´s called "Make it rain". The character takes like 50 dollar bills and throw each one on the ground in flashy manner for the hobos. ;)

75604-obama-making-it-rain-gif-imgur-qe5

Absolutely! Make it rain is a friggin top priority! I have to earn money somehow as a stripper! v.v

4 minutes ago, Vix said:

Absolutely! Make it rain is a friggin top priority! I have to earn money somehow as a stripper! v.v

I PAY TOP-A-DOLLAR

43 minutes ago, Vix said:

Now I found were you openly say it! haha. If i start a Motorcycle club, I will hire you :) Anyways, I think having animation styles, such has different walking styles would be great to match peoples personalities. Little fun animations such as "make it rain" are the best! Can't wait to see what kind of dance animations there will be with today's dancing styles. Hopefully there's the classic disco dance. ;)

2 minutes ago, minipie172 said:

Now I found were you openly say it! haha. If i start a Motorcycle club, I will hire you :) Anyways, I think having animation styles, such has different walking styles would be great to match peoples personalities. Little fun animations such as "make it rain" are the best! Can't wait to see what kind of dance animations there will be with today's dancing styles. Hopefully there's the classic disco dance. ;)

Just as long as we got the moon walk, running man, and a pin drop after some smooth hip break dancin- with the hat pull over- adds to the "freshness"(;

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

Just as long as we got the moon walk, running man, and a pin drop after some smooth hip break dancin- with the hat pull over- adds to the "freshness"(;

Moon walk and running man are a must! haha. You make a good point sir. *throws zwets" (I really hope thats what its going to be called. I love the sound of zwet) Haha.

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

I really hope pole dancing will be awesome. >u<

It'll simply be you slapping each butt cheek onto the poll, and going up and down about 8 inches.

While your hands are on your knees, smiling, wishing for zwets

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

It'll simply be you slapping each butt cheek onto the poll, and going up and down about 8 inches.

While your hands are on your knees, smiling, wishing for zwets

Aww, I hoped for more. :c

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

I certainly hope its more too... That would get boring after the first couple times. I think for those who want the "stripping" profession, I would want to see more then one dance style for that. lets be honest... seeing the same thing over and over loses its touch unless you go out with a bunch of friends and get drunk.

3 minutes ago, minipie172 said:

I certainly hope its more too... That would get boring after the first couple times. I think for those who want the "stripping" profession, I would want to see more then one dance style for that. lets be honest... seeing the same thing over and over loses its touch unless you go out with a bunch of friends and get drunk.

This man will lead us the way to the shrine of exotic, perhaps even sexy, light.

1 minute ago, minipie172 said:

I am just trying to help out a friend... I got your back VIX ;) I know what I like... 

Yay thanks! :D

9 minutes ago, Vix said:

8 hrs of watching your character slightly bend up and down a smidge

Sad life for a stripper. I truly doubt that would ever come into the game though as it would be a boring stripper dance regardless

I wanna see those legs part while she's upside down, then hold herself up by her legs and do some twirly shit that puts her boobs in my face. 

Lol

Edited by NutterButter

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

Yay thanks! :D

3 minutes ago, minipie172 said:

I am just trying to help out a friend... I got your back VIX ;) I know what I like... 

I sense a great ship manifesting

Pole dancing can be a form of art and beauty. Therefore, having multiple dance styles will help each dancer. I can't really say how much rep. you will earn being a dancer... unless you are very interactive with your customers and good at your job. then perhaps you will get them to spread the word. I have no doubt that you Vix will get an audience.