Veeblefetzer

What Was Your First Online Multiplayer RPG?

Gemstone

It was text based and we spent hours absorbed into this game. Loss of dial up connection and tedious progressions, but at the time this was the greatest thing we'd ever experienced in gaming. We used to wonder what it would be like the day we'd be able to see each other and run around in a graphical environment.

Garry's Mod. It was an RP Server, I think it was called OrangeRP. The only thing I can remember today is that they played "Make It Bun Dem" during the loading screen! xD

MUD's, man.  After that, my first RP experience in a graphic game was Neverwinter Nights private servers.

I can't even remember the name, but it was text based on a BBS. What few graphics there were was ASCII.

First graphical MMORPG I played was Everquest.

Arma 3 Life, where the first 5 minutes of the game I had made friends with drug smugglers who took me to a cocaine field to collect cocaine, but really it was an abandoned field, to which they left me to die, in which I ran back to Athira for 20 minutes where I got ran over by a new player outside the garage who thought I was robbing them... I was actually asking them to move their car so I could spawn mine and once they had ran me over, my car spawned and then another player came along and drove off with it. Overall, a solid 6/10 experience.

Runescape back in 2008

As it was my first MMORPG, it had a magical feeling because it was the first fantasy world I've experienced. Grinding was rewarding and something you would do with friends and wasn't a brainless activity you would do by yourself for hours, the graphic system (for a browser game!) was amazing to me as I didn't have a high end PC yet my outdated computer at the time ran it fine, and people in the game back then were mostly wholesome and friendly versus the high quantity of toxic people online today.

It was a simple time.

The OG Runescape is where I started. I remember dying in the wilderness and almost crying because I lost my rune scim :(