John-Doe

Please Block Russians!

As an many other games europeans are tired of playing with russian players because only 1/6 speak english! 

Its really annoying running around in a world where 50% of the server dosen't speak english!

Most of the european countries speak english and have chance of communication, but if you allowed russians on the european servers then it will blow the game.

Imagine a cop that are arresting you and you have no chance to speak to the officer becaus he dosen't speak english!

Please seperate the russian and the european up!

europeans are tired of playing with russian in games like Rust, Csgo, Gmod, Dayz you name it!

Oh yea there do!

Trust me im not being racist i just wish for a server where most of its players speak english!

I kinda know what you mean, it is really annoying when someone comes to you and say "what go 4 citi cente" or just "city center?" expecting you to understand what they're tying to say but blocking them would be kind of worthless.

The game is all about socializing and if they don't know english they won't talk=they will get bored and leave after a month 

to be exactly: german is the most spoken language in the eu. who care's about the language? is every human in the usa only speaking english? no! why? because that's how it is in reallife. look at germany. do i have to complain because not every german is a aryan (blue eyes, yellow hair, white skin)?

russia is a HUGE market and preventing them from joining the masses would not be a good buisness choice. though i feel your pain, russians are everywear in csgo xD

On 02/03/2016 at 3:06 AM, John-Doe said:

As an many other games europeans are tired of playing with russian players because only 1/6 speak english! 

Its really annoying running around in a world where 50% of the server dosen't speak english!

Most of the european countries speak english and have chance of communication, but if you allowed russians on the european servers then it will blow the game.

Imagine a cop that are arresting you and you have no chance to speak to the officer becaus he dosen't speak english!

Please seperate the russian and the european up!

europeans are tired of playing with russian in games like Rust, Csgo, Gmod, Dayz you name it!

Everyone has Equal rights. Yes it can be annoying. But if you dont want to listen or hear them. You can simple mute them. We are just as annoying to them. Speaking in a different language.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2016 at 2:35 PM, KevinLangston said:

Russians have rights.

Bit of an ignorant / pretentious statement. He wasn't denying this, simply saying that the language barrier could be game breaking. The logical solution would be a RU server. All depends if there would be enough Russians playing to call for one, but if not then that could pose problems for the EU players.

It may be less than palatable for some to realise, we are becoming a global community. Those who wish to interact with that global community just have to accept that a majority speak one particular language. Arguing which language is spoken more in a particular region is not really productive. If we went by sheer numbers of world population then the internet would all be in Chinese Mandarin. If you only speak a minority language (in terms of the internet and online gaming as a whole) you have to accept, there will be less opportunity for you. While I'm sure Russians are very proud of their nationality and native tongue and rightly so, the simple truth is, the majority of online gaming is in English and will likely remain so. I don't agree with excluding anyone, encouraging other gamers to join in with the majority will help everyone in the end.

Yes it's true Northern and Eastern Europeans often have the ability to speak German, but even more speak English, as well as German. I know a guy in Norway, he speaks Bulgarian, German, Dutch, French and English. When he streams on Twitch.. guess which language he uses? The majority of internet traffic is in English, the vast majority of games are produced in English speaking countries. The majority of European countries have English speaking TV channels (for entertainment rather than just news), the UK and USA generally do not (Unless you get them by subscription). Most of the successful Films and TV is produced in English speaking countries. The most popular music is overwhelmingly produced in English speaking countries. Abba, a Swedish group would have been unknown outside of central Europe if they had stuck to their native tongue. So it's just a fact, if you wish to engage globally, chances are you will have to learn to speak in English, and you will have much more popular media to immerse yourself in the language than we poorly served English speaking countries get. Look at HitBox, a streaming media company based in Germany, the majority of people by far who stream through HitBox stream in English. This move has been made successfully in other disciplines. All air traffic controllers have to speak English. Those involved in World finance and higher tier business conduct their business in English (or American). It's just a reality, no intent to denigrate anyone. 

Here's something interesting. I speak a little German, Dutch, Spanish and French. When I visit those countries I don't get to practise as much as I would like.. Why? Because as soon as they hear my accent the majority figure out their English is far better than my feeble attempt at their language. Shameful I know, but it's just the reality of life.

Edited by s1rmunchalot
  • Like 3

Or we could set up servers where Russian is the main language, so they have their own servers

1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

Or we could set up servers where Russian is the main language, so they have their own servers

while many many country's speak english, like  %95.346 of  russian speakers are from russia, so they would only be able to play with people from russia :D

The solution to this is to have Russian servers but not to region lock them. I think it's bigoted to essentially ban someone from a server because of their region/language.

What If I have friend in Russia I want to play with but we can't because of region locks? That would just be stupid.

Just have it so that some servers have RU in the name and some servers have ENG in the name. Problem solved.

• Like 2

But what if the server gets overflowed with players that only speak russian, mostly russians. Like it does in so many other games?
I would totaly ruin the game experience for me (Im Danish btw.) and for many other europeans. The i would have to join the North American server and get a way higher ping.

So you are suggesting they block a country when there will more than likely be German communities hosting servers so it won't even be an issue

Edited by jcdock

All the Americans commenting here have no idea what it feels like in EU. A Russian will join the game with all his other Russian friends and they will expect you to also speak Russian.  They expect everyone to speak Russian. But of course for some reason their country melted into Europe so now they have to play with us. I HOPE TO GOD that Devs make EU West and EU East English versions, then EU East Russian only. Then I won't have to kill myself and then go down to hell where I will rant on the forums about fooken Russians and get hate because of 'rights'

Americans have it easier.

Edited by Crumby
Spelling

5 hours ago, Crumby said:

All the Americans commenting here have no idea what it feels like in EU. A Russian will join the game with all his other Russian friends and they will expect you to also speak Russian.  They expect everyone to speak Russian. But of course for some reason their country melted into Europe so now they have to play with us. I HOPE TO GOD that Devs make EU West and EU East English versions, then EU East Russian only. Then I won't have to kill myself and then go down to hell where I will rant on the forums about fooken Russians and get hate because of 'rights'

Americans have it easier.

by the way i'm german

if you don't want to play with them just kill them ingame

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shimozukachi said:

if you don't want to play with them just kill them ingame

I'm imagining the interrogatory of the police:

Cop: so...we have witnesses that say that you killed him,your fingerprints are on the murder weapon you even confessed that you killed him, tell us one reason why we shouldn't jail you

Person: He was Russian....and didn't speak English,so he annoyed me and I killed him

Cop: Ok,you're free to go

4 hours ago, ElCondor said:

I'm imagining the interrogatory of the police:

Cop: so...we have witnesses that say that you killed him,your fingerprints are on the murder weapon you even confessed that you killed him, tell us one reason why we shouldn't jail you

Person: He was Russian....and didn't speak English,so he annoyed me and I killed him

Cop: Ok,you're free to go

How did he confess if he is russian? You are saying he practically cant give a answer because he dont understand you.... but how would he have confessed lol.

Also I agree, I hate most russians especially not speaking english and when on csgo.

I am from London so UK.  Earlier I went solo games in csgo, 1 of 7 games is when I get English (UK) players. about 4 games = Russians.  2 games = Germans/ Danish/ Sweedish/ Polish. I live in UK so EU WEST, why the hell am I getting players from EU East ffs. mainly its the russian and ukraine players are the ones which annoy me the most.

RU-server would be the best decision i guess. But i wouldn't like to be banned/descriminated just because i'm Russian!
Better think of parent control or something like that. It sucks to play with stupid small kids who do some crazy childish shit during the game.
The most sucks is to play with Russian small kids according to my experience in GTA-Online.

• Like 1

_e53c15feac6b9d19c130b9c9b4d2b3cf-gif.gi 

You better apologize to my pet Russian...

Edited by IDEN

That would kind be a dick move to Russians that DO speak english but some how live in Russia. Just report anyone that isn't speaking english that much.

4 minutes ago, Santoyo said:

That would kind be a dick move to Russians that DO speak english but some how live in Russia. Just report anyone that isn't speaking english that much.

They could do that, but also they could maybe put a option for community server owners to regionise / block certain ip's. They also can just put RU servers up. so that EU servers wont get russians in EU servers as much, unless they live in that region.