DanDud88

Video Game rating

So with drugs, alcohole, strip clubs and gambling included, are we sure this won't be an Adults Only (AO Rated) game?

It won't be an AO rated game because its very limited where you can sell those types of games, and countries like Australia and Germany would instantly ban the game from purchase within their countries. Take Manhunt, State Of Emergency and more recently Hatred for example.

Wait.....when did they switch over to allowing adult oriented content? This is actually a relief to here, I just think a little adult content makes for a more realistic environment.

On 1/9/2016 at 10:27 PM, DanDud88 said:

So with drugs, alcohole, strip clubs and gambling included, are we sure this won't be an Adults Only (AO Rated) game?

it better be adults only game i dont want some kids pg13 or M trash

Give us R18+

all the cool kids find a way anywho

Actually most likely the game will not be rates. Online interactions are not rated by ESRB and this game is entirely online. Also ESRB is voluntary and I think that having them rate this game would only hurt sales. As far as what I think it's most likely rated M. GTA has complete nudity in some cases and they still get away with an M rating so why wouldn't this?

ESRB doesn't rate online interactions. And even now with the rating being M, I doubt that'll deter anyone. I bought M games when I was like 12. Hell, my first EVER video game that I played was Max Payne and I was like 3 or 4 years old. Lol.

i'm from germany and the usk is fucked up! i am 19 already! well, that flatout 2 got censored in germany was the worst thing. that was the moment i decided to use mods! that's how i got drivers instead of dummys. i can just buy manhunt etc. from steam :D

i'm from germany and the usk is fucked up! i am 19 already! well, that flatout 2 got censored in germany was the worst thing. that was the moment i decided to use mods! that's how i got drivers instead of dummys. i can just buy manhunt etc. from steam :D

R18 would be a good rating. Australia has passed the 18+  law, we can have all that in games now. Hatred was banned for other reasons. I still got it.

A/O isn't the same as M or R 18+ its essentially the class higher than that, because although it still essentially states its for 18 years and over if its an A/O it will be restricted to where people can buy it.

1 minute ago, Kickapoo said:

A/O isn't the same as M or R 18+ its essentially the class higher than that, because although it still essentially states its for 18 years and over if its an A/O it will be restricted to where people can buy it.

So sounds like they won't be wanting an A/O rating but R 18+ at the highest 

2 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Sedition i'll record any annoying squeaker and publish it (i mean the "suck my duck" saying ones)

They won't be banned for playing the game. Otherwise they would've been banned on the Asylum ArmA servers too. The devs and admins aren't strict hardcore RP nerds. They want as many people as possible to enjoy it. They probably see the 18+ as nothing but a 'suggestion' for people that buy it.

2 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

They won't be banned for playing the game. Otherwise they would've been banned on the Asylum ArmA servers too. The devs and admins aren't strict hardcore RP nerds. They want as many people as possible to enjoy it. They probably see the 18+ as nothing but a 'suggestion' for people that buy it.

not for that. more for annoying sentences like "suck my duck" 

On 1/9/2016 at 2:27 PM, DanDud88 said:

Drugs? Payday 2. Alcohol? Throw a stick at an M Rated Game, 50/50 you'll find it. Strip Clubs? Hitman Absolution. Gambling? Pokémon. No, I'm not kidding. Or just look at GTA for all of them.

I would say, it being rated as  (Mature or 18) would be great. But definately won't stop those little kids. I guess if you are going to own a commuity server, just go ahead ban all the little kids who are annoying and such.

There should be no ratings, game apply for all ages. I think everyone commenting about lower age banishment are bad people, truly. I feel sorry for your kids or when you get them.

Only thing creating the ratings are drugs, death and foul language. It is a next generation game compared to shit games like the sims and habbo hotel. This will be a revolutionary masterpiece.

@fuzz thats basically what this game will be.

My opinion is if it's got a rating it should stick or there's no point in rating any game or movie.

@Chucbasically yes, then there is more to it. It comes down how you play it.

You all know ratings dont stick, only the few poor bastards who have crazy mad parents who say no to these games and those crazy mad who say yes.