DrFelixPhD

Robbing a Bank

36 minutes ago, linerider99 said:

kinda off topic but could you kill someone and get away "clean" (ie undetected) and not have to face anything? or are all kills automated "broadcasted"?

It's not really broad castes, but at the same time it is as a white flag will appear for police that you have commited a crime. In not sure about how it's displayed(ie transparent to full depending on how much you've done bad or not) but I do know that killing will be known to police. Sorry crook.

If you commit a crime they should not just get your name as a White Flag they should have to talk to players and collect information it's hard to solve crimes and that is the reason it is a problem if it's done right it is very hard to convict someone. People should have to contact the police they should have to investigate it.

As for robbing the bank i would want it to close to empty have people in on it go in as "hostages" then kill the real ones to show them not to test me. let of people in on it out and have them kill the cops from behind if it starts going south.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SharpShep said:

If you commit a crime they should not just get your name as a White Flag they should have to talk to players and collect information it's hard to solve crimes and that is the reason it is a problem if it's done right it is very hard to convict someone. People should have to contact the police they should have to investigate it.

As for robbing the bank i would want it to close to empty have people in on it go in as "hostages" then kill the real ones to show them not to test me. let of people in on it out and have them kill the cops from behind if it starts going south.

Apparently, the game shall consist of private investigators and detectives. Thus, the game may consist of a mechanic that involves collecting information from witnesses, interrogation, examining forensic evidence, and numerous other means towards locating and capturing the suspect.

Also as a second point this add deeper RP elements since if we can't punish cops by any other mean then killing them. We will just have to kill cops on sight having lookout and faking calls for their help to ambush them.

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Apparently, the game shall consist of private investigators and detectives. Thus, the game may consist of a mechanic that involves collecting information from witnesses, interrogation, examining forensic evidence, and numerous other means towards locating and capturing the suspect.

It's good to hear they are not just going to hand us to the cops on a silver platter. But true balance would be a crime needing to be reported or happen in an area of notice around a cop. For it to even be investigated since if no one sees a man get shot in the wood or finds him he is missing not murdered.

1 hour ago, SharpShep said:

Also as a second point this add deeper RP elements since if we can't punish cops by any other mean then killing them. We will just have to kill cops on sight having lookout and faking calls for their help to ambush them.

It's good to hear they are not just going to hand us to the cops on a silver platter. But true balance would be a crime needing to be reported or happen in an area of notice around a cop. For it to even be investigated since if no one sees a man get shot in the wood or finds him he is missing not murdered.

And thats the beauty of it :) cuz if nobody sees it it never happened so ima bribe all the civs in the bank with 2% and leave so if they snitch I have proof they were in on it via my "bodycam"  lol

Going back to the fear situation. I feel like if you make it so that they actually drop valuables(not furniture but like some money on hand and other items like weapons) maybe people would second guess being a hero and it would regulate the interaction.

10 minutes ago, Topshotz357 said:

And thats the beauty of it :) cuz if nobody sees it it never happened so ima bribe all the civs in the bank with 2% and leave so if they snitch I have proof they were in on it via my "bodycam"  lol

First off if that only works till they leave you sight they could always just say what you look like later. Second accepting money because violent criminal robbing a bank told you take is and reporting it later is not a crime it would fall under duress and anyone who agreed to testify against you would be given a slap on the wrist.

6 minutes ago, RoniQ15 said:

Going back to the fear situation. I feel like if you make it so that they actually drop valuables(not furniture but like some money on hand and other items like weapons) maybe people would second guess being a hero and it would regulate the interaction.

The devil is in the details the loss is okay but hard to manage. Unless you lost your position as well your the head of a bank not anymore if you dead new life new job. Or if it was not death but instead heavy injury move slower have to pay for meds and treatment. Just make the game a bit of a pain in the butt for a long while to teach you not to do stupid things like try and take down a guy with a gun.

It's amusing Sharshep that you keep saying that anyone who tries to stop a robbery basically deserves what they get, while at the same time you bemoan the fact that getting caught might be too easy. It'll be interesting to see how 'bad' you are on servers that impose real prison time for armed robbery or even the death penalty for murder.

You do realize that all these hostages/police won't just be playing Identity to enable you right? Bank Robbery is a very difficult crime to commit with any degree of success (don't take my word for it check out the statistics) and that should be reflected in the game. Not ALL crimes need an eye witness either....I imagine you've heard of CCTV?

There's a good reason why everyone isn't a criminal, and that's because it's very hard to be a successful one, and that's something Identity needs to reflect.

38 minutes ago, SharpShep said:

The devil is in the details the loss is okay but hard to manage. Unless you lost your position as well your the head of a bank not anymore if you dead new life new job. Or if it was not death but instead heavy injury move slower have to pay for meds and treatment. Just make the game a bit of a pain in the butt for a long while to teach you not to do stupid things like try and take down a guy with a gun.

Unless ur reaction time is 100. The guy with a gun will learn to keep track of everyone around him next time he gets 2 tapped in the head.

4 minutes ago, RoniQ15 said:

Unless ur reaction time is 100. The guy with a gun will learn to keep track of everyone around him next time he gets 2 tapped in the head.

Just keep about 6 steps back from hostages. Have everyone in one room no windows is better so the cops can't keep track if they come and keep a guard with them while others empty the vault and your golden.

7 minutes ago, SharpShep said:

Just keep about 6 steps back from hostages. Have everyone in one room no windows is better so the cops can't keep track if they come and keep a guard with them while others empty the vault and your golden.

Im the type thats gonna want to be the hero lool 

12 minutes ago, Jinx said:

It's amusing Sharshep that you keep saying that anyone who tries to stop a robbery basically deserves what they get, while at the same time you bemoan the fact that getting caught might be too easy. It'll be interesting to see how 'bad' you are on servers that impose real prison time for armed robbery or even the death penalty for murder.

You do realize that all these hostages/police won't just be playing Identity to enable you right? Bank Robbery is a very difficult crime to commit with any degree of success (don't take my word for it check out the statistics) and that should be reflected in the game. Not ALL crimes need an eye witness either....I imagine you've heard of CCTV?

There's a good reason why everyone isn't a criminal, and that's because it's very hard to be a successful one, and that's something Identity needs to reflect.

First off my point is that a crime should work how it is in real life if your careful and take your time and are not noticed it should not just be auto detected by the game for the police. It should have to be discovered or witnessed by a real person or a cop. Sorry that realism is a problem for you.

and your right they won't stay idle which is why i said i will kill them to remove that problem. Because hostages in game won't act like real ones. Also was why i had a backup plan of letting my own people out to flank the robbers or just have people wait around corner. 

So thank you for proving my point on why you need to murder all the hostages because they will not sit idle like real ones.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RoniQ15 said:

Im the type thats gonna want to be the hero lool 

Yet again my point. In RL you want to live in a game you want to play the hero which is why you just kill all the hostages but a few which are your own people you planted in the group.

1 hour ago, Jinx said:

Also i never said that someone deserves to be killed in RL for trying to stop a robber. Though it is a somewhat predictable outcome which is why police don't advise ever doing it. 

I was only stating a very brutal and effective way to rob a bank in a video game. Since the main reason to not commit murder is an ethical one. So it does not apply to video games since instead of loss and sadness you bother someone a little at most.

As for any servers with real jail i don't think they will be very popular criminals so the cops won't have anything to do and won't like it either. They will attract trolls like hell since the people who like killing people for no reason love getting a reaction and people who hate getting killed will live there. Which is why i will avoid them since i like to play my character will they be bad? Oh god yes but there will be reason not madness to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpShep said:

Yet again my point. In RL you want to live in a game you want to play the hero which is why you just kill all the hostages but a few which are your own people you planted in the group.

Depending on the real life situation and who's there i might want to be the hero as well. ¬¬

Depending on the real life situation and who's there i might want to be the hero as well. ¬¬

Yes if someone was threatening you and your family yes it makes sense. But here is the thing about most real life robbers they don't want the murder charge it is worse then the jail time for armed robbery non the less it added on to it. So it is safer to stay put in real life. Because who cares if a bank gets robbed other then the bank and the cops. I care more if a person gets robbed because they are not insured for everything and don't have a entire law firm on call to make sure they get everything they are due.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SharpShep said:

Yes if someone was threatening you and your family yes it makes sense. But here is the thing about most real life robbers they don't want the murder charge it is worse then the jail time for armed robbery non the less it added on to it. So it is safer to stay put in real life. Because who cares if a bank gets robbed other then the bank and the cops. I care more if a person gets robbed because they are not insured for everything and don't have a entire law firm on call to make sure they get everything they are due.

Exactly none of them want a murder charge thats why they are doing a robbery not a murder. but like you said there is so many factors to it.

Exactly none of them want a murder charge thats why they are doing a robbery not a murder. but like you said there is so many factors to it.

It's kinda of a idiocy stalemate where the robber has a slight advantage. A guy going for the gun might die which is a pure shit 50/50 odds. But the robber is screwed either way if it fails dead man or not and is tense so may double down on his action for a chance at a big score. Meaning he is assured to be screwed if someone goes for there gun and stops him. But only maybe screwed if he kill the person and gets away.

Just now, SharpShep said:

It's kinda of a idiocy stalemate where the robber has a slight advantage. A guy going for the gun might die which is a pure shit 50/50 odds. But the robber is screwed either way if it fails dead man or not and is tense so may double down on his action for a chance at a big score. Meaning he is assured to be screwed if someone goes for there gun and stops him. But only maybe screwed if he kill the person and gets away.

Well said

Bank is either gonna be really hard and close to impossible, or it's not gonna give much more than a store robbery. I think it's gonna be hard as heck.

25 minutes ago, Rem said:

Bank is either gonna be really hard and close to impossible, or it's not gonna give much more than a store robbery. I think it's gonna be hard as heck.

It's interesting you say that but there is no hard or easy in this game. Since there are no AI to fight it's pvp so it is only a matter of being able to out gun the cops and force a bank manager to open the vault.

5 hours ago, SharpShep said:

Executing each and every single hostage is NOT an ethical idea based on the premise that hostages are utilized as a means towards negotiating deals with Law enforcement officers. In the process, one could kidnap a hostage within the get-away vehicle in order to prevent Law enforcement officers from utilizing violent means towards arresting your character. Otherwise, it may result in "civilian casualties".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

Agreed @DLimit, you also could get extra money for the hostages

Most definitely, each hostage could be worth $2000 to $20,000 dollars depending on their role within society. For example, kidnapping a janitor may merely produce a $2000 dollar reward. However, abducting a reputable doctor, judge, teacher, or governor could result in attaining $20,000 to $100,000 dollars.

Edit: it would be unfortunate for BOTH the robber and the head of state if the head of state were to be located within the bank during that time period.

Enjoy the death sentence for terrorism, hahahahah.

Edited by DLimit
  • Like 1