DrFelixPhD

Robbing a Bank

Hey all,

So we already know that's it's possible to rob a bank (as teased in one of the very first pieces of concept art) but I was wondering quite how in depth the robbery system would be? Paratus mentioned that it could be compared to something along the lines of the Payday series, which obviously has quite a complex premise and might not be the type of thing that would be entirely possible on the game's initial release (no offence to the devs), especially combined with the rest of the product. I then suppose my question to both the community and the dev team is what exactly will a heist include - will they be particularly hard? Will they follow a similar idea to that of GTA Online's? Is there the option of stealth tactics or would it just be guns blazing? q9XM9ci.jpg.8a5ff16110e63c464b53badf1182

Thanks!

Felix

• Like 3

I hope it's kinda like robbing a bank irl i.e you have to control the customers inside the bank to make sure they don't call the police or try to be a hero and if you are there too long you will end up in a stand off with police because one of the tellers will of pushed the silent alarm 

If the banks are realistic, I hope you guys know most bank vaults don't have millions in gold just laying in the center :) 

If it's anything like Payday, seeing that in a MMO would be insane, knocking out the bank teller taking his ID to disable the security room stuff like that would awesome.

Robbing banks will me impossible in Identity because people wont be afraid to lose their lives.
In real life you can control the people be threatening their lives but in a videogame most people will try to hero 
Same with the police officers, police officers in real life have really shitty aim due to the fact that they are simply afraid
Kinda odd that its easier to rob a bank in real life

1 hour ago, Fabulous said:

Police officers in real life have really shitty aim due to the fact that they are simply afraid

Interesting thought... what if; during a bank robbery the hostiles get a slight advantage in awareness, stress and other factors to help them... as opposed to then attending officers both Police & SWAT receiving a similar disadvantage in similar cognitive behaviours. Ultimately, the onus is on the officers, negotiators and SWAT to get everyone out alive, including the robbers (in order to convict) and without money leaving the building. This allows the odd mishap on the side of the justice department to occur - and could hold up in court. Sure after a while officers would get used to the same "feeling" and those disadvantages would decrease over time because X officer has attended so many similar call outs and having to deal with such situations. It'd be a learning curve that's for sure!

You cant program fear into a videogame 
What I meant by it being hard for the robbers I meant  that people in most cases have nothing to lose when they are in a situation like that

What I meant by it being hard for the robbers I meant  that people in most cases have nothing to lose when they are in a situation like that

But it's supposed to be a roleplay game - most people are going to sit still to keep it believable. 

They still have stuff that they can lose

would love to see a payday type heist system, but would also like to see a planning stage like gta 5. i think an in depth bank robbery system is a must for identity, though it going as in depth as payday (which is a game in itself) might not be possible. but hey, guess we should just wait and see!

It maybe hard to actually try to put fear into a player, but you should act as if you were that character and value your life in a RP game. But if that wasn't enough for people to "value" their life and they still wanted to be heroes, perhaps the police force (for example), any officer who would disobey the commanding officer's orders, or take a risky action such as shooting a bank robber while they have hostages, would result in a "demotion" and set them back from trying to get ahead in life. People are always trying to move forward and be the best, but if something like this could put fear into the character, they maybe more careful and less likely to act as a big shot hero. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minipie172 said:

It maybe hard to actually try to put fear into a player, but you should act as if you were that character and value your life in a RP game. But if that wasn't enough for people to "value" their life and they still wanted to be heroes, perhaps the police force (for example), any officer who would disobey the commanding officer's orders, or take a risky action such as shooting a bank robber while they have hostages, would result in a "demotion" and set them back from trying to get ahead in life. People are always trying to move forward and be the best, but if something like this could put fear into the character, they maybe more careful and less likely to act as a big shot hero. 

Exactly what I was thinking. I really do like the idea of the ability to demote officers that might disobey you - it could even lead to some really interesting situations involving blackmail, where perhaps a crook bribed the chief to keep quiet about some illegal goings on, only another low-ranking constable knew about it. They could have the option to reveal him, only it might lead to them getting demoted, fired or worse...

2 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I really do like the idea of the ability to demote officers that might disobey you - it could even lead to some really interesting situations involving blackmail, where perhaps a crook bribed the chief to keep quiet about some illegal goings on, only another low-ranking constable knew about it. They could have the option to reveal him, only it might lead to them getting demoted, fired or worse...

Even so... This would be enough to add a fear factor to help manage cops better. And if the chief is corrupt... Then something's really wrong with the force. Haha.

1 minute ago, minipie172 said:

Even so... This would be enough to add a fear factor to help manage cops better. And if the chief is corrupt... Then something's really wrong with the force. Haha.

But the option would still be awesome xD

52 minutes ago, minipie172 said:

I hope there is something that stops corrupt cops because it will allow people to run around killing people on cop yelling "Im corrupt lelelelelel"

2 minutes ago, jcdock said:

I hope there is something that stops corrupt cops because it will allow people to run around killing people on cop yelling "Im corrupt lelelelelel"

Well... I will just have to start a gang for justice and take down those cops... ;)

Just now, minipie172 said:

Well... I will just have to start a gang for justice and take down those cops... ;)

Good Idea! I would be keen

1 minute ago, minipie172 said:

And then the non corrupt cops will be forced to take you down. Unless you use peaceful protests or something.

I will take the good with the bad. As long as the cops aren't messing with innocent people, They can come after me for the crimes i committed against corrupt cops. Either way, works. I would still be doing something illegal if its not peaceful, and the cops have the right to enforce the law.

34 minutes ago, minipie172 said:

Maybe you could call it, the Cleansing Cop Community.

6 minutes ago, mca0004 said:

Maybe you could call it, the Cleansing Cop Community.

The CCC will be a thing. My gang (most likely a motorcycle club) will ride the cities of its corruption with our own corruption. ;)

Edited by minipie172

Also you can't become a policeman if you're guilty of murder and didn't get "justiced".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vix said:

Also you can't become a policeman if you're guilty of murder and didn't get "justiced".

Good, that's what I was hoping.

Also thanks again for posting the tweets. I don't even have to use twitter, I just follow your posts :P

1 minute ago, jcdock said:

Good, that's what I was hoping.

Also thanks again for posting the tweets. I don't even have to use twitter, I just follow your posts :P

No problem :D That's what I'm here for!

And hype. That too.

• Like 1

kinda off topic but could you kill someone and get away "clean" (ie undetected) and not have to face anything? or are all kills automated "broadcasted"?