DrFelixPhD

Illnesses and Hospitals

Hey all,

I finally began paying attention to the Identity Twitter feed and, as it turns out, a lot of useful stuff is mentioned on there! One thing that seemed especially interesting to me was when they mentioned "illnesses" here:

So I began wondering what type of sicknesses could exist in the game? Could you perhaps contract sepsis from drinking from a dirty bottle, or maybe if a wound gets infected? Perhaps you can gain diabetes from obesity and insulin becomes a factor in the game? Any other thoughts from you guys?

It will probably just say you're sick and whether it's major or minor, the symptoms would likely be issues with moving like being slower and maybe even eyesight depending on what's happening. That's just my 2 cents.

I think there will be a similar system to the Asylum Arma server, where you suffer from withdrawals if you become addicted to drugs. When it comes to sickness, I do not think it will be anything major, more like you getting a notification saying you are sick and that you need to visit a hospital vendor and heal up, otherwise you would slowly perish. This could be very interesting, seeing as a wanted criminal would not want to visit a populated area.

Edited by Scarface

According to my tweets you either get sick by hanging out with a sick person and they caugh on you/near you (click) or if you mistreat your character- as in don't feed them, "water" them and clean them often enough (click). I'd assume we'll see most common diseases and symptoms at launch- common cold, flu, maybe dizziness and nausea, rashes, perhaps your character walking slower or being more likely to dehydrate (gains thirst faster than normal).

1 hour ago, Vix said:

According to my tweets you either get sick by hanging out with a sick person and they caugh on you/near you (click) or if you mistreat your character- as in don't feed them, "water" them and clean them often enough (click). I'd assume we'll see most common diseases and symptoms at launch- common cold, flu, maybe dizziness and nausea, rashes, perhaps your character walking slower or being more likely to dehydrate (gains thirst faster than normal).

Damn, what happened if a server-wide plague started?

1 hour ago, Aetion said:

It will probably just say you're sick and whether it's major or minor, the symptoms would likely be issues with moving like being slower and maybe even eyesight depending on what's happening. That's just my 2 cents.

But that's booooooriiinnnnggg. - it needs to fun, goshdarnit! 

I think this will be a nice feature. Characters passing out when sick or not eating/drinking will add much more to realism.

Remember, if you are not feeling well - please call 911 and we shall be there as soon as possible.

Edited by Zulnex
  • Like 1

I would honestly just be glad with sick and not sick status, but seeing some in-depth sicknesses like asthma, migraines, or even strep throat would be a first-timer I've ever seen anything like that in game.

7 hours ago, Bitcoin said:

And maybe add cure research.So doctors can research the disease,and try to suppress it 

I like your enthusiasm, but how would you make doing the research fun? 

30 minutes ago, Lord_Binky said:

Maybe some sort of mini game or it takes some requirements like money,resources,the actual virus and its would take something like 2 in game months time to cure it.Kinda like when you upgrade or build a building in clash of clans,you need resources and it takes some time afterwards.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lord_Binky said:

The doctors could recieve a occupation special mission series in which (assuming sickness can also come on randomly- such as eating too little and manifesting it yourself)in which the doctors get a GPS coordinant to characters developing sickness, which the developers make each new week(the developers would have to create something like DNA strands for identifying what each illness is- I don't think a new script of DNA each week would be hard. It would be the same as identifying players through numbers) each new week a new type of illness can come out- in which is where the doctors have to go find the character and talk them into coming to the hospital for testing as they may be developing a new illness that needs to be accessed so they can start a name for it and begin developing a vaccine/cure.

and it would be cool if you got like a sanitation crew you could call to cleanse your house if you were sick in there and coughing on things, affecting your stuff, and a potential for your friends to touch your stuff and get sick(youd already be cured so you can't really get sick again, if it went that deep id say like half the same illness issue/strengths.

Got to have the most protection.

Can't have the plague lol.

And I think that minigames would make it a lot funner. I just can't see anything for the curing the illness part of the industry. Any one got a idea I can add on to or twist a lil? I like doing that, I feel like a team player doing that. 

Or is there any way to add on to using a magnifying glass and a blood sample/tissue swab?

I just don't see it being anything more than multiple illness samples and perhaps a mixture of ingredients found throughout the game? Or purchased? 

Hmm.. 

People could be scanned for illness whenever they come to the hospital or cured instantly of illness when they enter the building. 

That would be kinda luxiorious.

Like a fine wine, and a gorgeous face. Or old whiskey, and a alter eye sight for looks..leading on to rather unspeakable tragities. And regrets... And then you find out it's your best friends girlfriend and you're like "oh my God, what are you doing!" and then he walks in and has breakfast, saying that orgy last night was epic.

And you just start crying because you weren't wearing a condom and there's cum on your leg and you don't know if it's yours or someone elses..

6 hours ago, NutterButter said:

People could be scanned for illness whenever they come to the hospital or cured instantly of illness when they enter the building. 

That would be kinda luxiorious.

Like a fine wine, and a gorgeous face. Or old whiskey, and a alter eye sight for looks..leading on to rather unspeakable tragities. And regrets... And then you find out it's your best friends girlfriend and you're like "oh my God, what are you doing!" and then he walks in and has breakfast, saying that orgy last night was epic.

And you just start crying because you weren't wearing a condom and there's cum on your leg and you don't know if it's yours or someone elses..

what

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aetion said:

I feel like sickness would be more of an annoyance.

That'd make it realistic :D Can't see sickness being nice in rl. Not now that I don't go to school anymore...

18 minutes ago, Vix said:

That'd make it realistic :D Can't see sickness being nice in rl. Not now that I don't go to school anymore...

Why would I wanna be annoyed in a game.... this isn't a life simulator. What's next, I can't run cause I my character will have arthritis? e.e

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aetion said:

Why would I wanna be annoyed in a game.... this isn't a life simulator. What's next, I can't run cause I my character will have arthritis? e.e

It kind of is a life sim actually. xD They aim for realism, so there will be some annoying features. Like you have to fuel your car or pay the rent!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vix said:

It kind of is a life sim actually. xD They aim for realism, so there will be some annoying features. Like you have to fuel your car or pay the rent!

They say it themselves it's a cop vs robbers game at heart... It's not a life sim. There is a different between realism and a life simulator.

13 hours ago, Aetion said:

They say it themselves it's a cop vs robbers game at heart... It's not a life sim. There is a different between realism and a life simulator.

They say it's a Real Life Simulator aswell.

I'm the Tweet Master! You can NOT defeat me!

Edited by Vix

On 1/8/2016 at 8:03 AM, Vix said:

They say it's a Real Life Simulator aswell.

I'm the Tweet Master! You can NOT defeat me!

Since you want to dig up things on twitter just a few weeks ago they said it was a cops and robbers game at heart. It even says the game has a strong focus on police and crime here.

13 minutes ago, Aetion said:

Since you want to dig up things on twitter just a few weeks ago they said it was a cops and robbers game at heart. It even says the game has a strong focus on police and crime here.

It is - essentially. Police, civilians and criminals. But there's so much more that extend it into its own game - criminals could have normal jobs, hiding in amongst the normal workers. It's a life sim but with the exiting elements of extreme things like cops and robbers. It's a game after all, they have to make it interesting. :D

• Like 1

On 07/01/2016 at 0:33 AM, Vix said:

On 06/01/2016 at 11:55 PM, Aetion said:

I feel like sickness would be more of an annoyance.

I do agree it would be annoying and won't really make for fun game play, having to go to a hospital because you're sick during something important you are doing, that would piss me off. But I'm sure it will have to be balanced since they did mention it was caused by not taking care of yourself enough, I would also think they understand that getting sick for no reason would be a real pest ^_^