Lembo

Speed limits

With so many players on the road I'm assuming there will be some sort of speed limits. How would these be enforced? Would it be a point system or straight up fines etc?

Just any info would be great,

thanks

speed limets would likley be enforced with the in game police force, punishments being strikes agains your license and cash fines

What about speed cameras, so you'll get automatic fines aswell but not everywhere on the map, just in crowded places for safety.

Police are able to set up check points too, so you might come up to random check points where you'll get searched. :o

4 minutes ago, FishFood2016 said:

What about speed cameras, so you'll get automatic fines aswell but not everywhere on the map, just in crowded places for safety.

Cameras at stop lights too? I think I seen something about there already being random cameras but stop lights I kinda expect to have them. They def got banks covered.

I'm positive Police will crack down hard on those who speed, although there are race tracks for you speed-demons in the Town Square module!

it would be great if there was some sort of test you had to pass to receive your driving license, it would also serve as an tutorial of how to drive like a normal human being ?

Think about if you have anything of value- if it's just you with no guns or paraphernalia, then why, speed. But expect a ticket.

But my point, nobody Will speed of they have valubles in their trunk.. Ik I won't be speeding ever xD

Usable CCTV footage would be awesome. I guess it would all have to be live, however, because I can imagine even a really low-res video would take up masses of space on the server hard drive.

They've movie theaters? Isn't that the same- it's all recordings or recorders relaying what they see in their permitted vision to a another spot. I don't think it would be that big of a issue personally, but hey, I'm not a developer.

3 hours ago, Lembo said:

it would be great if there was some sort of test you had to pass to receive your driving license, it would also serve as an tutorial of how to drive like a normal human being ?

This should def be part of the release. But you get right off a train from what I'm hearing so you'll be able to jack a car just like that... Except it will be player owned vehicles... With actual players driving... And them all knowing you've no care for their personal property... 

On to topic, I think that should be how you get your in game license, magnificent idea, as that would deter the interests of forgetting you wallet at home. :o

Just make sure to throw your cash somewhere in your safe house.

15 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

They've movie theaters? Isn't that the same- it's all recordings or recorders relaying what they see in their permitted vision to a another spot. I don't think it would be that big of a issue personally, but hey, I'm not a developer.

I guess the movies are all the dev-approved ones, most likely all of them would be in the Creative Commons - I guess there'd be around 10 of them available to watch at the time of launch. Problem is, CCTV recording would most likely be controlled by the players, meaning that the player choosing how long said recording would be. Unless there was a size/time limit, these would indeed take up hard drive space, like I said. 

On a side note, does anyone know the movie being played in the screenshot on the town square module page?

So can't we somehow Just have a camera system that displays current data and the eliminates it entirely as if it never existed since its all to see if there is suspicious activity and not so much a constant man hunt to get the gem guy whom whom took their mask off in front of the camera last second. Yknow?

I don't know how ragdolling through the windshield would work, sounds like that could bring up a lot of network problems

1 hour ago, yoshi34925 said:

So, if there's speed limits, there should be a speed limiter (like in Mafia II).

Speed limiters are for people who don't intend on breaking the law!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanDud88 said:

If we're talking about mafia 2 how about adding fuel.  That would be funny in a police chase.

• Like 2

I'm just gonna park on the side of the road with the hitch hiker pose, because I need gasoline- but then they pull over, and I beat them up and throw them in their trunk and we're off to see the wizard!!!!

They'll be in a alley yelling help from their car.... Lololol. 

• Like 2