Sign in to follow this  
TOPGUNGUY123

Tracker makes no sense? Why is it Taking so long?

ok I get that game development takes a long time but im getting suspicious of this tracker, people are saying its taking so long because they have to test the modual after implementing something new... ok sounds reasonable, but why is this 1 task taking so long, im pretty sure its been on there 2 months. this tracker was added im pretty sure in april and from april to last month got close to 70 task done, so why is this last one regarding user interface taking so long? the only things that are in ts are watching movies, communicating, apartment design, and a couple other really small things, does anyone know what in userface is taking over a month of tryting to add in that's apparently harder to fic than  ui, ux, gameplay, envoroment, systems and graphics? its just starting to seem that this is taking way to long than normal, were currently 4 months past the last release date and 6 months past the one before that, someone please tell us. what specificly is taking so long so we can understand instead of thinking you guys are trying to fix a positioning issue on a invatory screen or if your trying to fix a bug that completely crashes the game if designing a apartment, if we know we would be way more understanding. someone please tell us something! 

Edited by TOPGUNGUY123

They’re fixing bugs within thre apartment customization system. And also the elevator is broken rn.  That’s the bug(s) they’re working on at this moment.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Here's a screenshot from the Discord: 

2pGufyg.png

Okay so let's look at it this way. The last task in testing is in UI, under Programming. And you know there's not 10-20 programmers in the team, well there's a lot of artist, but that's another story. Even if they have something like 4 programmers, it doesn't mean it's going to get one task done faster. All it means is that they can spread more tasks to those programmers. In other words, you can't take 9 women to get a baby after one month...

Now try to find that little bugger that caused the database to crash. But yeah I do understand it really lacks details, and you'd have to be there on the Discord at the right time to see Motown or some of the moderators give small little updates. Then it gets passed on to active members of the community like me.

But yeah programming can be a pain, especially when debugging, then you try to fix it and then find something else that is broken. I don't blame them, it can be a hurdle.

This is why you never promise or use terms like "Imminent" or "soon." If it is in a alpha/beta state for just one module, then it's a good time to say so.

• Like 1

well, atleast we got some answers, just wish they could give some time of eta sense they've been on this one task for soo long

• Like 1

The more that it's "explained", the more clear to see how apparently useless the tracker is. :P I hope going forward after TS release that they adopt a better model of handling information.

• Like 2

The fact that is has to take more than 11 days now to fix the tracker .... says enough about Asylum's professionalism. This takes ONE day at most if you put your guy on it. The site was finished months before it launched, yet it has so many issues I can't count them on both my hands.

What is the issue? It's not like you need to order replacement parts from mainland China. No, you need to fix code. You can do that from home, and shouldn't take nearly two weeks. Whoever made the website, can come join classes with me. Perhaps he/she will learn how to manage errors properly, and most certainly at a decent pace. Don't make me open the source code and fix it for you. But I will ... if you'd pay me back the $250 (+2x $5) I invested in this development so far, I'd actually do something useful for you guys and fix the mess you cannot seem to get fixed.

Asylum Entertainment and professional behavior are two terms you won't find near each other in the dictionary.

EDIT: Still no dev blog as well btw. Says enough.

Edited by Genesai

12 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Here's a screenshot from the Discord: 

2pGufyg.png

Okay so let's look at it this way. The last task in testing is in UI, under Programming. And you know there's not 10-20 programmers in the team, well there's a lot of artist, but that's another story. Even if they have something like 4 programmers, it doesn't mean it's going to get one task done faster. All it means is that they can spread more tasks to those programmers. In other words, you can't take 9 women to get a baby after one month...

Now try to find that little bugger that caused the database to crash. But yeah I do understand it really lacks details, and you'd have to be there on the Discord at the right time to see Motown or some of the moderators give small little updates. Then it gets passed on to active members of the community like me.

But yeah programming can be a pain, especially when debugging, then you try to fix it and then find something else that is broken. I don't blame them, it can be a hurdle.

You are comparing a development task to pregnancy. That is absolutely ludicrous. Of course spreading one task over four people will make it get fixed faster, hence why companies hire more than one developer.

31 minutes ago, Genesai said:

The fact that is has to take more than 11 days now to fix the tracker .... says enough about Asylum's professionalism. This takes ONE day at most if you put your guy on it. The site was finished months before it launched, yet it has so many issues I can't count them on both my hands.

What is the issue? It's not like you need to order replacement parts from mainland China. No, you need to fix code. You can do that from home, and shouldn't take nearly two weeks. Whoever made the website, can come join classes with me. Perhaps he/she will learn how to manage errors properly, and most certainly at a decent pace. Don't make me open the source code and fix it for you. But I will ... if you'd pay me back the $250 (+2x $5) I invested in this development so far, I'd actually do something useful for you guys and fix the mess you cannot seem to get fixed.

Asylum Entertainment and professional behavior are two terms you won't find near each other in the dictionary.

New identity insider came out today: https://www.identityrpg.com/info/gangs  Dev blog tomorrow: https://gyazo.com/8ddf9b3821f4aea1edc409f3abe53048

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

54 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Tracker is not a priority to the bug fixing as it isn't moving visually when updated. The bugs on the shop are more important than to have the tracker just show it is up to date even with no visual change. However, the bugs were not there before the site was made live and so as far as they could tell it was ready with no bugs.

https://gyazo.com/ee5fe7b2524926e30eb2d0c29278e506

Maybe they're busy fixing the bugs and polishing the code.

On 21/08/2018 at 17:55, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

ok eu entendo que o desenvolvimento do jogo leva muito tempo mas estou desconfiando desse rastreador, as pessoas estão dizendo que está demorando tanto porque eles têm que testar o modual depois de implementar algo novo ... ok soa razoável, mas por que essa tarefa tanto tempo, eu tenho certeza que ele está lá há 2 meses. este rastreador foi adicionado im certeza de que em abril e de abril ao mês passado ficou perto de 70 tarefas feitas, então por que este último sobre a interface do usuário demorando tanto? as únicas coisas que estão em ts são assistir a filmes, comunicar-se, design de apartamento e algumas outras coisas realmente pequenas, alguém sabe o que no userface está demorando mais de um mês tentando adicionar, que aparentemente é mais difícil do que ui, ux, jogabilidade, ambiente, sistemas e gráficos? está apenas começando a parecer que isso está levando muito tempo além do normal, estavam atualmente 4 meses após a última data de lançamento e 6 meses depois da anterior, alguém, por favor, nos diga. o que especificamente está demorando tanto para que possamos entender em vez de pensar que vocês estão tentando consertar um problema de posicionamento em uma tela invatória ou se você está tentando consertar um bug que trava completamente o jogo se estiver projetando um apartamento, se sabemos que estaríamos muito mais compreensão. alguém por favor nos diga alguma coisa! 

Maybe they're busy fixing the bugs and polishing the code.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, JoelKeys said:

You are comparing a development task to pregnancy. That is absolutely ludicrous. Of course spreading one task over four people will make it get fixed faster, hence why companies hire more than one developer.

It might be ludicrous to you, but it is not for me. Usually one task is assigned to one person. Since I've done programming in college, I can hardly see multiple developers working on the same piece of code at the same time.

But in terms of debugging, I think it would make more sense to let the person who wrote the piece of code to find the faulty bit, since he knows best his code. I mean of course you could lend a copy to other developers, but they'd have to spend their time learning that code they didn't write.

A few things have corroded the tracker into total meaninglessness. The"last updated" is updated by a few lines of code (look in the .js), and they've admitted they're not adding new things like "show-stopping" bugs. 

If an infinite amount of tasks, eternally evergrowing, can be lumped under the single UI task, then we have another 89%; a "no, really, it's almost done" when it probably isn't. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lamona said:

A few things have corroded the tracker into total meaninglessness. The"last updated" is updated by a few lines of code (look in the .js), and they've admitted they're not adding new things like "show-stopping" bugs. 

If an infinite amount of tasks, eternally evergrowing, can be lumped under the single UI task, then we have another 89%; a "no, really, it's almost done" when it probably isn't. 

Agree completely - I am glad someone else has understood how they are treating this bloody tracker... it is purely used as a tool to keep the community quiet and give themselves an infinite deadline that they can complete when they like, or let it run indefinitely. Essentially just a way to avoid giving a deadline...

I mean come on... wasnt this module supposed to be released April 24th or something? The fact that they let it get to 2 days prior to the release date before announcing that it was delayed.... I'd forgive them if it was a week extension or something... but here we are 4 months later... thats a third of a year! They must have full well know it wasnt going to deliver weeks if not months before that deadline, yet they said nothing... 

absolute bunch of jokers... Just be honest with people and it might not be so bad - hiding behind a tracker and not committing to anything it just making them look incompetent and verging on a bunch of scam artists.

and if I see another f**king cupboard...

Edited by wiebley