Triste

Hello; New Guy. Lots of Things To Talk About

Hey-o, peoples of Identity.

Trist (Triste), Here :D

Decided to actually make a forum/main site account and prepare to pay for one of the packages, and get ready to suit up and get to trying out the Town Square module when it arrives. With that, I've come to ask a few questions and at the same time introduce myself so at least in my mind, I'm not stranger. So I'm not sure as to which Thread (immigration or Q&A) to put this under.

My name is Tristen, 22, and my real life occupation is that of a Vet Technician, schooling for said job in progress as well. My hobby is actually in visual design (freelancing for people who want work done for small if any amounts of $), I see myself as amateur-ish, but if this game can utilize that skill and actually open up possible jobs in-game, I'll take that. Actually have quite a few friends with the same skills who are interested in the game as well, most likely we're looking to utilize it. Or even as a EMT/Paramedic, since that lands in a medical job field. (Just saying this for possible job offers in the future?:o)  I'm still not sure if this is the right thread for it, since this is a mixture of things. Brand new to the forum part of Identity,

Anyways, lets get this started if anyone's interested in filling me in. I haven't looked into what features/aspects will be implemented, so sorry if I seem dull.

- Servers. Wealth, all items acquired, character skills/jobs, businesses, player owned homes. Are they all cross-integrated between official servers? Meaning, business buildings, home location, money, etc; stick to certain servers or available in all? Or is it that important to choose a server to have your business HQ? Or is there a whole character/bank/bundle benefits dedicated to a server? This part is what confuses me the most.

- It seems like there's a ton of stores/businesses/services already being setup, well beyond than I even expected. How am I even going to go about starting something I'd be interested in if there's already large groups? As a job that can utilize someone experienced in visual design/medical fields? Which also leads me to my first question about businesses being tied to a certain server, and if I would have to look out for ones already populated with entrepreneurs.

-It seems like there's a lot of talk about ladder structures for careers, IE, Police, Government, Store management, employees/employers. Are those positions created and filled/hired by the leaders/owners of those establishments, or is there some sort of skeleton that the players organize around?

-And last one, Am I too late too this party?:o:P

umcrubC.jpgtOchlQt.jpg

I didn't read any of that because Im lazy. Hello.

~Best of Luck with that Vet school thing~

-Whopper

First of all, welcome to the community!

Now let's address your questions:

- Servers. Wealth, all items acquired, character skills/jobs, businesses, player owned homes. Are they all cross-integrated between official servers? Meaning, business buildings, home location, money, etc; stick to certain servers or available in all? Or is it that important to choose a server to have your business HQ? Or is there a whole character/bank/bundle benefits dedicated to a server? This part is what confuses me the most.

As far as I know, your character and businesses will not transfer between servers, however there will be an option to make a duplicate of a previous characters looks across servers so you look the same world wide.

- It seems like there's a ton of stores/businesses/services already being setup, well beyond than I even expected. How am I even going to go about starting something I'd be interested in if there's already large groups? As a job that can utilize someone experienced in visual design/medical fields? Which also leads me to my first question about businesses being tied to a certain server, and if I would have to look out for ones already populated with entrepreneurs.

Do not be intimidated by the already built businesses. I made my business when the market was already full of other clothing manufacturers, I just made my business unique and had a solid plan as to what I want to do with my business and it became one of the more popular threads, getting over 1000 views. Just be confident and unique. I can see you are determined, so if you would like I can make a marketing deal with you in which you will market for me and I will pay you in money and I will help get word about any business you also want to run. Maybe a marketing firm? Maybe a private health care centre? Get creative!

-It seems like there's a lot of talk about ladder structures for careers, IE, Police, Government, Store management, employees/employers. Are those positions created and filled/hired by the leaders/owners of those establishments, or is there some sort of skeleton that the players organize around?

We haven't really heard much about official business structures, I know any models already made are entirely by the owners/CEO's themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

As far as I know, your character and businesses will not transfer between servers, however there will be an option to make a duplicate of a previous characters looks across servers so you look the same world wide.

The devs have stated in Q&A that there will be hive servers, where you can transfer everything you own from one server to another.

Or have they contradicted this statement also?

Thanks, good to join, and thanks for being patience with my burning questions, Lol.

2 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

First of all, welcome to the community!

~Snip~

I'm actually relieved it's all tied to single servers, it'd be interesting if you could get several branches into several servers and hire management. And a marketing firm, you say, that actually sounds like a good idea. So does a private health care for a certain crowd. Getting an adrenaline rush just thinking about possibilities, Lmao. 

Think I might take you up on your offer to handle your marketing. I have quite a few friends in the design line of things, visual design all the way to video editting. Might be profitable if I get them in on it too to start a firm, like you say.

• Like 1

Welcome here @Triste ! (Do you know, in french, your pseudo mean Sad ?)

Really, a very good introducing :)

I notice that I have some of common points with you ! I love to touch design / drawing etc .. I worked as a veterinary assistant, I plan to work as an ambulance (but rl) .. ahah

I leave all people nice to answer your questions, because I still have a little trouble with English, and I still sleep in half ..

Anyway, welcome ! 

(Oh, and I recognize the typo of your signature, I also downloaded it :D)

• Like 1

Greetings Triste. 

It seems your questions have been answered so far so I will just say welcome to the community! 

Glad to have you here :) 

@Cuuka Hey Cuuka, and yes I knew it means sad, not that I speak French. But your English is pretty good if I say so myself. :D

Hopefully we'll see each other around some day in game, if you need or want anything from me, I will be around.

Same for @Flappy @Mr_Fisk, thanks for the welcome. 9_9 Looking forward to getting more involved in the forum and community.

• Like 1