Romulus

Gender, Male or Female?

So I've played on a lot of different Gmod RP servers. Be they Dark RP or Hardcore RP, and I've met many different people who played many different characters. I've met guys playing as girls, and I've met girls playing as guys. Some of them were great, they played their character well, and if they hadn't told you otherwise you might not have even known they weren't actually the gender of their character; more so in Hardcore RP servers. But I have a question to all you players here who has played on these servers.

Would you play as the other gender here in Identity?

Now in Gmod, Hardcore servers usually don't allow the regular players to use their mics, and all talking and conversation happens through chat. In Identity though, we've got voice chat instead to do all of our talking. Thus, it would be your actual voice coming out of your character's mouth.

Would you still play as the other gender, knowing that the voice coming out of your character won't fit your actual character image?

I'm a guy, and I have RP'ed as a girl in various servers. I rather like playing as such since the play style and other people's reactions to you are quite different than if you are a male. I see it as very refreshing, a different experience than the usual male characters many games on the market today have you play as and I have to admit, I am curious to what everyone's thoughts would be on this.

So please, if you wish to, leave a reply with your thoughts.

Edited by Romulus

I would probably choose to be a male, although selecting a female would make gameplay interesting because players would treat you a little differently, it's definitely something interesting. 

With VOIP in the game, I'll most likely just stick with a male character since it fits me.

• Like 2

i would always fit my charecter in gmod dark rp, if my player moddel happened to be a girl then i would roleplay as that. but your charecter gets to play as all jobs, personally i wish for my charicter to be a male so it would be kinda odd if i kept changing my player model (if thats possible. maybe a plastic surgery clinic?)

I'm going to be a stripper in identity and I'll play as a female :D I am female in real life and I hate playing as male characters. When I roleplay I have to relate to my character- that's why I always make them tall, pale and plump. I can't relate to a penis-creature. v.v

• Like 4

I don't think I'll be able to pull off / deal with playing a girl. All the guys tryin to hit you up and what not.. I dunno I wouldn't even know where to start. I'd prefer playing as a male too cause as Vix mentioned I wanna relate to my character. That's why I always base the character models off my actual features :P

• Like 1

With my deep commercial, CNN, BBC, Sexual rapist, Morgan Freeman 0.2 voice I think I will be fine with a male figure.

I am gonna name my character John Gotti. Black slick hair, if whe age oh shit. new question lmao. I want to have gray slick hair when older lmao.

2 minutes ago, Notering said:

If I'm gonna play as a female, the toilet jokes are gonna be awkward...

If you play as a female Notering.....

a772f62f11a0d1e1521263cf45955e7dd485d8d1

4 minutes ago, Notering said:

If I'm gonna play as a female, the toilet jokes are gonna be awkward...

Look at it this way- you can add another section of toilet jokes!

Like maxi pad jokes, bloody panties jokes, leaked through your pants jokes, hands covered in blood of not-your-foes jokes, tiny red eww specks of tissue on paper jokes or red pee jokes!

TL:DR period jokes! :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vix said:

Look at it this way- you can add another section of toilet jokes!

Like maxi pad jokes, bloody panties jokes, leaked through your pants jokes, hands covered in blood of not-your-foes jokes, tiny red eww specks of tissue on paper jokes or red pee jokes!

TL:DR period jokes! :D

Looks a bit too hard, since I never experienced a period. But that may be fixed if they put that as a thing you could do in the game xD

Will that be a thing? lol

1 minute ago, Notering said:

Looks a bit too hard, since I never experienced a period. But that may be fixed if they put that as a thing you could do in the game xD

Hopefully not. You do NOT want to have red small bloody tissues on your hands. EVER. Trust me. >->

I don't know, why don't you ask them Notering?

2 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

I don't know, why don't you ask them Notering?

That's gonna be a strange question to ask. lol.

@Notering Not as weird as some of the questions already asked no doubt, but its up to you so whateva biatch B|

Edited by Kickapoo

@Kickapoo Seriously? I think this one must be the weirdest one. Idek any question weirder.

For example the people who ask about sex only want it so they can fap to it 

Just now, Kickapoo said:

For example the people who ask about sex only want it so they can fap to it 

Oh god, yes... That... Fapping material is needed, for some people...

2 minutes ago, Notering said:

@Kickapoo Seriously? I think this one must be the weirdest one. Idek any question weirder.

What's weird about periods?!

I'm calling the feminists!

anime.gif~c200

2 minutes ago, Romulus said:

Well, you guys went into a whole entirely different conversation.

That was pretty fast.

@Notering Yes well me and Notering have had a....past of derailing threads.

• Like 2