JoelKeys

The Peoples Party

21 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

Another thing I'd like to say about this. Ever since you've gotten on the campaign trail Mr. Hetch you've been immature and have seen multiple people flaunt your name around threads that you don't belong in. You need to control the people who support you because in my view they act more like a cult willing to spread your name to any and all who wish to be graced by your light. Your policies are unbalanced and your knowledge for some things are limited. I seen your peace post but after this is where I refuse to remain silent.

What's so immature about this

Edited by Qlight123

21 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

Another thing I'd like to say about this. Ever since you've gotten on the campaign trail Mr. Hetch you've been immature and have seen multiple people flaunt your name around threads that you don't belong in. You need to control the people who support you because in my view they act more like a cult willing to spread your name to any and all who wish to be graced by your light. Your policies are unbalanced and your knowledge for some things are limited. I seen your peace post but after this is where I refuse to remain silent.

What's so bad about him

34 minutes ago, Qlight123 said:

What's so bad about him

He's immature and looks only to make money. If you look at his campaign he promotes his business in the first tag he uses and then further goes and talks about how much money he wants take from taxes. He's not providing free healthcare he's putting a ban on a few weapons which isn't a lot of money spent. He's pretty much making money from everybody.

2 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

He's immature and looks only to make money. If you look at his campaign he promotes his business in the first tag he uses and then further goes and talks about how much money he wants take from taxes. He's not providing free healthcare he's putting a ban on a few weapons which isn't a lot of money spent. He's pretty much making money from everybody.

But isn't the government supposed to use taxes in public services?

On 12/5/2016 at 5:03 PM, JoelKeys said:

$9,999 > = 7.5% Tax

$10,000 - $19,999 = 25% Tax (Potential of 10% tax return)

$20,000 - $39,999 = 35% Tax (Potential 20% tax returns)

$40,000 - $99,999 = 45% Tax (Potential 35% tax returns)

$100,000 < = 50% Tax (Potential 45% tax returns)

On top of this, if you own a business then no matter how much you are making, there is a fixed 30% tax rate on your profits (after employee payroll). 

Excuse my french, but fuck your tax plan. At 80% tax, I'd rather be poor than work my ass off running my business. Adjust the values to be more in line with something that doesn't make me want to leave the country and take my money with me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Excuse my french, but fuck your tax plan. At 80% tax, I'd rather be poor than work my ass off running my business. Adjust the values to be more in line with something that doesn't make me want to leave the country and take my money with me.

Excuse my french, but fuck your comment. The maximum tax I proposed is 50%, and if you help out smaller businesses you can get 45% of that tax back. So if you are earning over $100k per year, you could potentially be paying 5% in tax. Please read my post before criticising it

14 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Also if you are referring to the business tax, that doesnt count as the same as your personal tax so you cannot compare the two. That 30% tax is AFTER you have paid out what NEEDS to be paid out, which includes your own salary. With the money you have left over AFTER that, you get taxed on it. Again, read the post before criticising

See, here is what I think you're missing. Identity is a video game. That means the government doesn't need to fund a military, education, social security, welfare etc etc. Most people in the game are going to be fairly rich. ANY form of income tax, is a stupid idea because no one wants money cut out of what they make, and the government doesn't NEED the money to fund anything.

Don't create taxes just for the sake of taxes. Create them because you actually need the money to fund something.

Edit: The first comment was RP btw. Sorry if you got ticked off for real.

Edited by uncannierlink
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2016 at 4:34 PM, JoelKeys said:

Ill also have to spend money employing alot of criminals etc. so I am actually losing alot.

This line from your response really intrigues me. You may have this posted somewhere else but will your company try to employ criminals and "repair there lives" so to speak? If so this is a really awesome idea and If I become governor I would be looking for programs or companies willing to do that for criminals who wish to redeem themselves. I know this is beside the point of the post but thought I'd ask.

12 hours ago, RogerTheShrubber said:

This line from your response really intrigues me. You may have this posted somewhere else but will your company try to employ criminals and "repair there lives" so to speak? If so this is a really awesome idea and If I become governor I would be looking for programs or companies willing to do that for criminals who wish to redeem themselves. I know this is beside the point of the post but thought I'd ask.

Correct. We would give criminals who can not get employment elsewhere the ability to earn a living by doing things such as cleaning the streets, teaching people about prison to deter newer players from committing crimes. If you do become governor I would be happy to help in any way I can make this a real programme to rehabilitate criminals. I know personally in my company we don't work a lot with outsiders, its mainly our department heads who would do that so I would be more than happy to employ criminals in by own business as designers or marketing representatives. I appreciate the feedback.

2 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

Correct. We would give criminals who can not get employment elsewhere the ability to earn a living by doing things such as cleaning the streets, teaching people about prison to deter newer players from committing crimes. If you do become governor I would be happy to help in any way I can make this a real programme to rehabilitate criminals. I know personally in my company we don't work a lot with outsiders, its mainly our department heads who would do that so I would be more than happy to employ criminals in by own business as designers or marketing representatives. I appreciate the feedback.

All of the party's tax proposals are great. They make sense with the idea that they will be spent on schools, roads, buildings, insurance, homelessness, paying elected officials and more. I look forward to representing The Peoples Party as Governor.

Now let's discuss:

Prison Sentences, Income for elected officials, laws, etc.

As Governor I want to be sure I'm applying what people truly want!

IMG_3334.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PrezLegend said:

All of the party's tax proposals are great. They make sense with the idea that they will be spent on schools, roads, buildings, insurance, homelessness, paying elected officials and more. I look forward to representing The Peoples Party as Governor.

Now let's discuss:

Prison Sentences, Income for elected officials, laws, etc.

As Governor I want to be sure I'm applying what people truly want!

IMG_3334.jpg

Also, don't be shy to send me messages personally to discuss anything. Be sure to follow my profile in order to be aware of things I'm acting on in the game and real life as a politician. 

Edited by PrezLegend
  • Like 1

On 27/01/2017 at 5:53 PM, GeneSmith said:

I also want to make it clear @Frank @Calico and @ThomasHetch that getting Calico and Frank are in The Neighborhood, that doesn't mean they're illegal. So the next time you make a fake account or have someone else make one for you, try and not say the exact same thing you said in a separate post. We are not criminals just because of those two being associated. Is Thomas Hetch really the person you want for Governor? He makes fake accounts or has his friends do it for him to try and harass me privately. 

Criminals are still criminals and they got kicked out

12 minutes ago, Dylan_Heisner said:

Well with those taxes at least we never have to worry about the treasury being empty. xD

Hopefully that money would at least be spent well! Knowing Joel's it would, but we still have different views on taxes.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2017 at 6:11 AM, njayminsim1115 said:

The people? I think your testimony is false.

If you are going to criticise, by all means do. But please provide an actual argument with your criticisms otherwise you just make yourself look childish and immature. I'm up to debate any concerns you have but only if you present them in a formal and mature fashion.

2 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

If you are going to criticise, by all means do. But please provide an actual argument with your criticisms otherwise you just make yourself look childish and immature. I'm up to debate any concerns you have but only if you present them in a formal and mature fashion.

I just believe even as a mayor, you can't tax or make medical insurance for in-game servers. If there is, send me a link to the video/ topic

2 hours ago, njayminsim1115 said:

I just believe even as a mayor, you can't tax or make medical insurance for in-game servers. If there is, send me a link to the video/ topic

As Governor & Mayor in the Identity Trailer it specified that while in office you'll be able to implement laws that affect the economy such as taxes and healthcare. Prison sentences was another issue I believe was mentioned.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 11:59 PM, LuciousTimes said:

As Governor & Mayor in the Identity Trailer it specified that while in office you'll be able to implement laws that affect the economy such as taxes and healthcare. Prison sentences was another issue I believe was mentioned.

There aren't any insurance companies. You can't tax something that doesn't exist. Though that doesn't mean someone couldn't start one.

24 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

There aren't any insurance companies. You can't tax something that doesn't exist. Though that doesn't mean someone couldn't start one.

True, very true!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2016 at 2:03 PM, JoelKeys said:

$9,999 > = 7.5% Tax

$10,000 - $19,999 = 25% Tax (Potential of 10% tax return)

$20,000 - $39,999 = 35% Tax (Potential 20% tax returns)

$40,000 - $99,999 = 45% Tax (Potential 35% tax returns)

$100,000 < = 50% Tax (Potential 45% tax returns)

Don't you find any danger in the lack of motivation to be successful and innovative from the proposed 50% tax on incomes $100,00 and more, and even 45% on incomes of $40,000-$99,999? Most people making these kind of wages would be entrepreneurs, who would have to find some sort of market demand to suit the need for. Why should we be punishing people for contributing to the growing economy of small businesses? If anything, it's business and small business which will make up a big part of the employment in Identity, as well as pushing product that people want

This goes against all human nature of motivation for success, and the market/economy will take a large dive in correlation to this lack of motivation.

17 hours ago, SupremeLeader said:

Don't you find any danger in the lack of motivation to be successful and innovative from the proposed 50% tax on incomes $100,00 and more, and even 45% on incomes of $40,000-$99,999? Most people making these kind of wages would be entrepreneurs, who would have to find some sort of market demand to suit the need for. Why should we be punishing people for contributing to the growing economy of small businesses? If anything, it's business and small business which will make up a big part of the employment in Identity, as well as pushing product that people want

This goes against all human nature of motivation for success, and the market/economy will take a large dive in correlation to this lack of motivation.

The tax proposals for my PARTY and my CAMPAIGN are different. My party's proposed taxes are there to show that I am for higher taxes as is everyone else in my party. A party provides guidelines, not rules on what candidates must abide by. 

53 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

The tax proposals for my PARTY and my CAMPAIGN are different. My party's proposed taxes are there to show that I am for higher taxes as is everyone else in my party. A party provides guidelines, not rules on what candidates must abide by. 

Ah, fair enough.

• Like 1