Crystella

Something Soon???

5 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Apparently they had to redo it I guess which delayed it.

Yes the roads were too narrow so they had to redo it

I think the best way to please everybody is to just release footage of the progress you've made so far.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

I think the best way to please everybody is to just release footage of the progress you've made so far.

Exactly, that's all we fucking need.

6 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Also, with that being said. I'd rather see a half finished Town Square than nothing at all. I would absolutely love to be able to see the game that people have invested money in and whom we've spent so much time dedicated to it. That's all guys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Also, with that being said. I'd rather see a half finished Town Square than nothing at all. I would absolutely love to be able to see the game that people have invested money in and whom we've spent so much time dedicated to it. That's all guys.

Don't we all, but the devs want a first impression to be solid and not half finished.

The first impression has been gone for a year. I understand Motown made a mistake in the date. But our first impression was us getting lied to. We wanna see it so we can stay. Because we haven't seen anything which is why people aren't as active as they would be if stuff were to be released.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

The first impression has been gone for a year. I understand Motown made a mistake in the date. But our first impression was us getting lied to. We wanna see it so we can stay. Because we haven't seen anything which is why people aren't as active as they would be if stuff were to be released.

Exactly. People are talking about "quality over quantity" but the more and more they keep us in the fucking dark, the more they'll lose a fanbase. I mean look at the forums, it's dying.

• Like 2

Like the reason I don't play other games that have the same RP aspect is because I have faith for this. The people I've met are awesome and I wanna play this with them. But I don't wanna leave because they can't release anything.

20 minutes ago, Calico said:

Exactly. People are talking about "quality over quantity" but the more and more they keep us in the fucking dark, the more they'll lose a fanbase. I mean look at the forums, it's dying.

Yes, its annoying that we have not had a gameplay video since the kickstarter, but I know that the devs are creating a game which is the game they have always wanted and thats where they have inspiration and why they will finish it. If it takes another 2 years to complete then so be it, but yes hopefully they can give us a few gameplay footage before then.

9 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Like the reason I don't play other games that have the same RP aspect is because I have faith for this. The people I've met are awesome and I wanna play this with them. But I don't wanna leave because they can't release anything.

Yes, same here. I have faith because I know they are very passionate and I know they are making their dream game too.

Lmao not more people whinging about a game that's in development and expecting there to be footage. Yeah they have shit to film right now but as James said, motown doesn't want half assed shit that is subject to change anyway, because that will be another thing people complain about. You never got lied to, no one ever stole your money, stop expecting stuff to come out when you want it to come out, you're not investing, you're a customer, chill out and be patient.

26 minutes ago, Narc said:

you're not investing, you're a customer, chill out and be patient.

Um, everyone who was a patron on kick starter is an investor. Especially when there is no product. People are investors if they contribute before the work is done. It's not a pre-order because there is not enough product for it to be a prepurchase. It's fine and all to support the devs but making people seem like idiots when all they require is a video on progress is not the way you should go about that. I have too much stuff going on to even play right now so i just come here for updates. If you want to just call them "customers" there better be a refund option. investors dont get refunds, customers do.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Narc said:

Lmao not more people whinging about a game that's in development and expecting there to be footage. Yeah they have shit to film right now but as James said, motown doesn't want half assed shit that is subject to change anyway, because that will be another thing people complain about. You never got lied to, no one ever stole your money, stop expecting stuff to come out when you want it to come out, you're not investing, you're a customer, chill out and be patient.

Lets run a scenario for you. You invest into a company that you've heard lots about. YouTube channels and news outlets. You research to make sure your money is well spent. You see that "Wow they're showing a lot for an announcement!" And that's the only time they show stuff off a lot. You wait years before being able to see anything. Companies like Rockstar show their investors because they don't want to lose their support and millions of dollars. We as a community don't have a million dollars. So when we invest were unsure about the return. Ubisoft, Rockstar and Square Enix all have to show their progress to their investors. This community has invested almost 200,000$ dollars into this game two years ago. And we've been told that there would be weekly updates. None have been made. We want what we paid for.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Lets run a scenario for you. You invest into a company that you've heard lots about. YouTube channels and news outlets. You research to make sure your money is well spent. You see that "Wow they're showing a lot for an announcement!" And that's the only time they show stuff off a lot. You wait years before being able to see anything. Companies like Rockstar show their investors because they don't want to lose their support and millions of dollars. We as a community don't have a million dollars. So when we invest were unsure about the return. Ubisoft, Rockstar and Square Enix all have to show their progress to their investors. This community has invested almost 200,000$ dollars into this game two years ago. And we've been told that there would be weekly updates. None have been made. We want what we paid for.

Also, why do they keep showing off Town Square? Yes, I understand that's where the demo is taking place. But from the looks of it they barely had that finished. A few buildings sprung up here and there. But what of Turtle Beach? The resort?The swamps? If I could see those I'd feel at ease a bit more mainly because I'm seeing more than just one thing. I've spoken to investors. I've seen what they said. And they are NOT happy.

Listen, I have been on these forums for a while now, and sadly, almost all of what you have said is true. The devs aren't supplying us with updates like they should. We gave money to these people because we believed in what they were selling (a revolutionary RPG). Yet, no updates and rarely any pictures? Its infuriating. But, there is, and sorry for putting it so bluntly, jack shit we can do about it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

Listen, I have been on these forums for a while now, and sadly, almost all of what you have said is true. The devs aren't supplying us with updates like they should. We gave money to these people because we believed in what they were selling (a revolutionary RPG). Yet, no updates and rarely any pictures? Its infuriating. But, there is, and sorry for putting it so bluntly, jack shit we can do about it. 

We can stop supporting them.

the devs didn't post anything for the last 5 minutes?! OMG! they're 100% dead! no other solution why they didn't post anything since the last 5 minutes!!11eleven

you can just refund via paypal because you got nothing since you've bought a pack

Edited by Shimozukachi

3 hours ago, Cornholio said:

We can stop supporting them.

Well you do that and same with the rest who are complaining. It is your choice if you do, but everyone who does stop supporting them, why did you even support them in the first place? Like someone said before the trailer was not particularly the best. If you know that this is the dream game the devs want and thats what inspires them to make it then you would have more faith in them because they want the game as much as you. The Developers are grateful that you have invested in their trust to make this game, now keep that faith until a little longer (Christmas). Its not that hard, as you guys take the easy option which is to just to stop supporting them and that does not give them the incentive to keep on going. 

Edited by JamesLuck01

4 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well you do that and same with the rest who are complaining. It is your choice if you do, but everyone who does stop supporting them, why did you even support them in the first place? Like someone said before the trailer was not particularly the best. If you know that this is the dream game the devs want and thats what inspires them to make it then you would have more faith in them because they want the game as much as you. The Developers are grateful that you have invested in their trust to make this game, now keep that faith until a little longer (Christmas). Its not that hard, as you guys take the easy option which is to just to stop supporting them and that does not give them the incentive to keep on going. 

I am not saying that i need to see a full gameplay demo in the next .5 nanoseconds because i am not as inpatient as these people but i think we can all agree that a paragraph long blog post about how they are going would be nice to see every week or two.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crystella said:

I am not saying that i need to see a full gameplay demo in the next .5 nanoseconds because i am not as inpatient as these people but i think we can all agree that a paragraph long blog post about how they are going would be nice to see every week or two.

Definitely!

• Like 1

Well lot of complaints, I can understand everybody want to see something and it would be nice to see some more indeed. Even if are only little bits and pieces in a youtube clip. 

Games like for example Kingdom come deliverance and War of Rights have a regular accuring(weekly / monthly) update about the game on the website / facebook / steam / youtube clips. It makes the money you invested in the game more fun because you feel connected to the game. That is why you backed at the first place to be apart of the build see the progress. 

I think that is why people are complaining here such much. So I agree with @Crystella somthing like that would make a big difference

Other thing is that if you ask the developers a question most of the time i see people getting an answer so, it is not that bad with information. Just not so much to see, some images on facebook. Well keep the faith hoping they are working hard and will make is happy somewhere this year?

• Like 1

Honestly i just want to see the video as well and CornHolio was right like even though they are releasing pictures of town square its buildings scrambled around so im guessing the map isnt even started on yet and their working on something idk but im guessing were gonna see somthing by christmas if not then faith is gonna go under 9000

• Like 1

Have you ever thought of the fact that maybe... just maybe, they haven't released a video.. because its not ready?... they answer all the questions they can on twitter, they obviously aren't going to release pictures of unfinished work, and i believe they want to also keep alot of things exclusive so you don't get ingame and see everything they've already shown, just so you can complain after 5 minutes saying that there's nothing much to see that you already haven't seen. You act like they are scamming you because you don't get pictures of every day of development, if only you had any insight on game development you'd understand how stupid you all sound right now. Id understand where you're coming from if they released a statement saying we can no longer go along with development despite the huge amount of payments from the community.. but they haven't.. because they are still working. I agree with @Crystella but perhaps some weeks they havent got much to update, a statement is enough, but demo videos and pictures every few days because your impatient is not gonna happen no matter how much you complain lol.

If its still not good enough, go get a refund and leave. No harm done to your account if you dont want to support them anymore.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Cornholio said:

But our first impression was us getting lied to

#truth 

2 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

Honestly i just want to see the video as well and CornHolio was right like even though they are releasing pictures of town square its buildings scrambled around so im guessing the map isnt even started on yet and their working on something idk but im guessing were gonna see somthing by christmas if not then faith is gonna go under 9000

and #truth 

• Like 1