Crystella

Something Soon???

I don't see how hard it is to write a paragraph or two saying

"hey guys, we did this, we added those codes, we added those codes, we added that jacket, we added this feature. OK that's all hope y'all like it" 

Seriously, how hard is that, I seriously ask you that question. I'm only 15 and have to write full papers in my animation class for a shat 2D game I made about cowboys and aliens. This dev team is all grown up, and is trying to complete a full fucking triple AAA title, and they cant write shit like that? It makes no fucking sense. It's been a year, and theirs been no dev blog update. That's lazy devs if you ask me! Iv'e had other characters so Ive been here for some time. 

Edited by DJ-Bobby-Vee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ-Bobby-Vee said:

I don't see how hard it is to write a paragraph or two saying

"hey guys, we did this, we added those codes, we added those codes, we added that jacket, we added this feature. OK that's all hope y'all like it" 

Seriously, how hard is that, I seriously ask you that question. I'm only 15 and have to write full papers in my animation class for a shat 2D game I made about cowboys and aliens. This dev team is all grown up, and is trying to complete a full fucking triple AAA title, and they cant write shit like that? It makes no fucking sense. It's been a year, and theirs been no dev blog update. That's lazy devs if you ask me! Iv'e had other characters so Ive been here for some time. 

They have put a dev blog like 6 months ago not over a year ago!

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

They have put a dev blog like 6 months ago not over a year ago!

I am sorry about that, numbers hurt my head. 6 months, still too long my freind. You have got to agree with me on that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ-Bobby-Vee said:

I am sorry about that, numbers hurt my head. 6 months, still too long my freind. You have got to agree with me on that. 

I Mostly agree but I am patient enough to wait another year. I put a lot of money into this game like a lot of people on kickstarter and I won't give up.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I Mostly agree but I am patient enough to wait another year. I put a lot of money into this game like a lot of people on kickstarter and I won't give up.

I'll wait, I just want some updates man. I wanna know whats good xD 

• Like 1

They are a small indie team working on an ambitious project, a type of game that has never been done before. So of course it's gonna take a while and they're going to put their time into development. Not satisfied with that? Than instead of supporting them monetarily, you could support them in the next best way possible, apply and join them on the development team. I hear they are in need of programmers. More often than not, big games like this takes teams of over 100. This is a team of what, 4-8 people working on it? If you want development to move, contact them and offer to help with programming, art or sound skills. It's better than sitting on forums complaining, right?

• Like 1

You guys aren't getting any points defending the devs. I understand a lot of these guys are blowing this out of proportion but you guys, saying its ok for the devs to not update the devlog, are just buying them time. There is no poll asking if the supporters want more news so you can't just tell people what they are supposed to think. I honestly lost interest in the game for the better part of a month, but there is no excuse for not posting a list of projects currently being worked on. Even if its just something small to give supporters an idea of what is being worked on. 

• Like 2

Why don't you ask them on twitter then, as they are still using that as communication. Their last answer on twitter was only 5 hours ago. No, it may not be the best method to use, but it's something.

17 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well you do that and same with the rest who are complaining. It is your choice if you do, but everyone who does stop supporting them, why did you even support them in the first place? Like someone said before the trailer was not particularly the best. If you know that this is the dream game the devs want and thats what inspires them to make it then you would have more faith in them because they want the game as much as you. The Developers are grateful that you have invested in their trust to make this game, now keep that faith until a little longer (Christmas). Its not that hard, as you guys take the easy option which is to just to stop supporting them and that does not give them the incentive to keep on going. 

I didnt know it took two years to make a couple of unfinished buildings, some hair and some random items like coffee table books ect.

Edited by Crystella
September 9th
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Crystella said:

I didnt know it took two years to make a couple of unfinished buildings, some hair and some random items like coffee table books ect.

Yes. You're amazing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chase said:

You guys aren't getting any points defending the devs. I understand a lot of these guys are blowing this out of proportion but you guys, saying its ok for the devs to not update the devlog, are just buying them time. There is no poll asking if the supporters want more news so you can't just tell people what they are supposed to think. I honestly lost interest in the game for the better part of a month, but there is no excuse for not posting a list of projects currently being worked on. Even if its just something small to give supporters an idea of what is being worked on. 

We are defending the devs because we are patient and understand that a little dev team with a very ambitious project cannot simply act like a triple a title with over 100 employees like rockstar or ubisoft.  No one ever said that its not okay for them to update the devblog, they havent updated it for 6 months, big woop dude, go join their team if you want insight everyday, and help them create it if you think its so easy. If you lost interest in the game as you state, you wouldn't come onto this forum to complain about the slow development. My suggestion is, really try and grasp how much time, money and effort goes into making parts of a game, let alone a huge game like this, go do some research, or talk to someone you might know, who knows how to model, program or whatever.. its not a quick task. Yeah it would be cool if they gave us a little statement every week or so about how its all going, but its never going to be enough, people will start complaining that weekly isnt enough and the devs are slacking and shit. Just get off the internet for awhile since you lost interest in the game and occupy yourself whilst they develop this, because honestly its not going to be out next month.

• Like 1

If you're not satisfied with the developers work/communication, feel free to request a refund and be on your way. The rest of us will continue supporting the game while keeping ourselves occupied in the meantime. You're just going to hit a brick wall if you're trying to convince anyone to join you in the negative rebellion that a few of you are trying to start. This is a start-up, this is their first real game. Support is what they need, not negativity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vyndictus said:

If you're not satisfied with the developers work/communication, feel free to request a refund and be on your way. The rest of us will continue supporting the game while keeping ourselves occupied in the meantime. You're just going to hit a brick wall if you're trying to convince anyone to join you in the negative rebellion that a few of you are trying to start. This is a start-up, this is their first real game. Support is what they need, not negativity.

If they expect support they should listen to the people who made this possible.

1 hour ago, Narc said:

My suggestion is, really try and grasp how much time, money and effort goes into making parts of a game

The money is coming from the people you are arguing with. If the backers weren't here there would be no fourm. There is no need to try and be a savage to people who are asking from something that is very reasonable.

• Like 1

Really childish posts here, not so weird for people wanting to have updates, makes you feel more connected to the game and the whole process what I believe is a part of being a backer. 

The devs are almost always giving answers to questions,maybe better them and us to answer a lot of those questions weekly or monthly in a update? So every week or month you have some news about the game, and questions being answered in general to all of us. 

Other part people who are complaining also need to understand is that this developer team is pretty small. 

I do agree partly with Crystella if you want investors / backers updates are key to attract them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Profender said:

Really childish posts here, not so weird for people wanting to have updates, makes you feel more connected to the game and the whole process what I believe is a part of being a backer. 

The devs are almost always giving answers to questions,maybe better them and us to answer a lot of those questions weekly or monthly in a update? So every week or month you have some news about the game, and questions being answered in general to all of us. 

Other part people who are complaining also need to understand is that this developer team is pretty small. 

I do agree partly with Crystella if you want investors / backers updates are key to attract them. 

But it isnt the job of the people who are funding your game to make the updates

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crystella said:

If they expect support they should listen to the people who made this possible.

The money is coming from the people you are arguing with. If the backers weren't here there would be no fourm. There is no need to try and be a savage to people who are asking from something that is very reasonable.

There's different ways of handling it instead of complaining and bringing negativity to the forum and trying to get people to rebel against the devs. What you suggested is reasonable, what they're suggesting, will never be good enough, because they will always want more, more, more.

Little extreme to say people are trying to rebel other members to the devs... I am not complaining but I can understand some of the people here who do. To each there own voice and opinion, don't be so harsh to against another opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Narc said:

There's different ways of handling it instead of complaining and bringing negativity to the forum and trying to get people to rebel against the devs. What you suggested is reasonable, what they're suggesting, will never be good enough, because they will always want more, more, more.

This isnt the fucking hunger games

I think everyone is in agreement that devs could/should do a monthly blog update.

Surely that's all that needs to be said instead of paragraph after paragraph discussing the same points.

@DJ-Bobby-Vee - kinda showing your age in your last comment man, chill out.

People are always going to clash in a Community but let's keep it civil huh?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, InspectorDamage1 said:

I think everyone is in agreement that devs could/should do a monthly blog update.

Good point ^^ Nah B i'm good. I don't care if people know my age idgaf. And I am keeping in civil, i'm just stating it over and over again because people seem to not get it. I may seem like a kind of hostile guy, sorry about that.

Edited by DJ-Bobby-Vee

16 minutes ago, DJ-Bobby-Vee said:

Good point ^^ Nah B i'm good. I don't care if people know my age idgaf. And I am keeping in civil, i'm just stating it over and over again because people seem to not get it. I may seem like a kind of hostile guy, sorry about that.

Nothing to do specifically with your age man, you seem like you can be pretty mature in some other posts. (No condescending) 

Let's hit on that last point again just to really drive it home ;) - "we would all like a monthly blog update/forum post". 

5 minutes ago, InspectorDamage1 said:

Nothing to do specifically with your age man, you seem like you can be pretty mature in some other posts. (No condescending) 

Let's hit on that last point again just to really drive it home ;) - "we would all like a monthly blog update/forum post". 

When I get mad and angry I just go crazzzyyy haha.