DanDud88

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore”

The tracker is 4 days over being updated.  Theres no new dev blog, they keep changing launch dates.  Are we being scammed.

• Like 1

1) dev blogs come monthly, it’s only the 6th

2) There is and hasn’t been a set release date for a few months now

3) With all the streams and the office and more, it’s not like they’re just sitting they’re. They’re working on the game. 

4) It is not a scam and nobody is forcing anyone to pledge money for development funding. 

• Like 3

5. Sunday was a holiday in Canada and so business' that are closed weekends tend to have the following Monday off if the holiday fall onto the weekend and so that is why the tracker wasn't updated.

• Like 1

*Yawn.

Visit here every couple of week or more and... yup no change. Losing interest in this games dev really...

Edited by Revan

9 hours ago, Lonny said:

Why would you be mad about that? They owe you nothing lol

Poorly advocated,  If my money is involved into something i will hold you accountable.  We talked about this before and it's clear that they have extremely poor communication skills.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oroborous said:

Poorly advocated,  If my money is involved into something i will hold you accountable.  We talked about this before and it's clear that they have extremely poor communication skills.

I get your point, and it's correct, however they haven't promised any "task tracker update frequency" so yeah you shouldn't be mad about it and just wait patiently.

Yes please don't forget they are going to celebrate Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah, Saint Patrick's day, Easter, All Birthdays, Independence Day,  Spring Break, Labor Day, Memorial Day, MLK day, and all other holidays back to back to back and when they return may have extended lunch breaks as well as extended days off......KAPPA

Edited by ZanderiusMaximus
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, Lonny said:

I get your point, and it's correct, however they haven't promised any "task tracker update frequency" so yeah you shouldn't be mad about it and just wait patiently.

uhh actually they did, it was one of the dev blogs where they said updates to the tracker will be daily and no task should take more than a few days to complete. that's why everyone was speculating June - august release date 

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

7 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

uhh actually they did, it was one of the dev blogs where they said updates to the tracker will be daily and no task should take more than a few days to complete. that's why everyone was speculating June - august release date 

Yep. They did make promises like that. Sadly, the tracker is a bust anyway........because it's simply too little information to give us a clear picture. Apparently someone had the same concern as me and asked them and they stated they'll be doing more frequent dev blogs soon or something, which I hope is true. (if they include relevant information instead of things like......promising to update the tracker more etc.)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

Yup

4 minutes ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

I just don't understand how weve been on 1 task in testing for 2 months? 

Simple it's called game development, it isn't easy and it isn't fast.

For all those saying it's a scam I can assure you devs wouldn't spend 3-4 years going to this effort if they were trying to get money and dash, it wouldn't be worth it and you don't need a degree in being a genius to figure that out.

Why is it so hard to understand that these devs aren't experts in this genre of gaming development? Or that a game this large takes an incredible amount of time, effort and resources? Bearing in mind most of them have lives outside of identity and separate jobs which means they have to plan all their time ahead.

We know it isn't a scam and people need to take a step back and accept that the devs may have "faults" if you will, but end of the day they're trying as hard as they can and if that means they don't always keep a constant update then so be it.

The new website should be enough to confirm this is genuine of all things.

7 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

I just don't understand how weve been on 1 task in testing for 2 months? 

Why does everyone keep saying 2 months, it has been 4 weeks --> 1 month, not 8 weeks --> 2 months

Edited by dagtag

42 minutes ago, dagtag said:

Why does everyone keep saying 2 months, it has been 4 weeks --> 1 month, not 8 weeks --> 2 months

They've been on one task for 2 months, 1 month it was in progress the next month, this month it's been in testing. A big YouTuber recently talked about it where he used a Chrome extension that let you view older versions of the same web page and they've been on one task since early June

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

They've been on one task for 2 months, 1 month it was in progress the next month, this month it's been in testing. A big YouTuber recently talked about it where he used a Chrome extension that let you view older versions of the same web page and they've been on one task since early June

You are forgetting the fact that there were other tasks to be done too, this task was the only task left for just one month. If you say "they have been working one one task for two months" thats false. They have been working on at least two tasks for two months(i dont know exctly how many have been completed last month).

9 hours ago, dagtag said:

You are forgetting the fact that there were other tasks to be done too, this task was the only task left for just one month. If you say "they have been working one one task for two months" thats false. They have been working on at least two tasks for two months(i dont know exctly how many have been completed last month).

well you have your opinion but I have been watching it for months, they really need to figure something out fast, they said 5 months ago the track wouldn't take too long and a task will be completed every few days, at this point they can easyly release it on steam as a early closed beta. there have been kickstarter games that have been launched on there that had litarly no textured buildings, no gameplay mechanics or anything like that. they need to release what they have soon or a lot of people are probably done regarding what ive seen on the forums 

On 8/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, LuckyDuck said:

The last UI task is the Apartment inventory. Here is what 1 of the programmers explained about the tasks in testing.

"remember that "testing" doesn't mean "hey i'll launch it and see if it looks pretty! " Testing = launching, assessing, trying to break under stress test, load balancing, quality assurance, maintenance AND if you found a bug, you gotta FIX IT, and then redo all that testing because a fix can spawn another bug. so just because the tracker LOOKS idle, doesn't mean that we have been." - Cyber

There is no way we can explain how far in detail it has gone with the task. They are constantly working on it and you will have to wait until it is done other than that. The above quote includes what each task generally goes through with programming.

This is a quote from a thread with a similar topic (https://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/13265-quick-question-for-devsmods/)

"Patience, it's one of the most important virtues a person can have." -Ricardo Diaz

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Negan said:

"Patience, it's one of the most important virtues a person can have." -Ricardo Diaz

Which apparently no one seems to have anymore

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Which apparently no one seems to have anymore

Sadly so.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 7:21 PM, DanDud88 said:

The tracker is 4 days over being updated.  Theres no new dev blog, they keep changing launch dates.  Are we being scammed.

Yes, In my opinion its a true scam.

Its probably one of those 3rd world country's with call centers that call you to give money to them, but this time they got smart and created this fake game.

Look how they defend them self's, I bet they will respond to this post and mock, defend, and destroy these types of comments.

To me its fine, they can have my $60 that I gave years ago...., Ive already considered that money lost, no big deal. But Ill still stick around and watch all the other people get scammed as well and have a mild chuckle.

This is truly a great scam, good job guys!

The sad part is it gives us real developers a bad name. ;(

Edited by MadApples

1 hour ago, MadApples said:

Yes, In my opinion its a true scam.

Its probably one of those 3rd world country's with call centers that call you to give money to them, but this time they got smart and created this fake game.

Look how they defend them self's, I bet they will respond to this post and mock, defend, and destroy these types of comments.

To me its fine, they can have my $60 that I gave years ago...., Ive already considered that money lost, no big deal. But Ill still stick around and watch all the other people get scammed as well and have a mild chuckle.

This is truly a great scam, good job guys!

The sad part is it gives us real developers a bad name. ;(

You'd have some merit but it's not a scam and just because a game takes time to develop and has snags that pop doesn't automatically make it a scam, furthermore just because people like you are developers doesn't automatically mean you know better than everyone else and doesn't give you the right to call scam just because progress isn't up to your standards

1 hour ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

You'd have some merit but it's not a scam and just because a game takes time to develop and has snags that pop doesn't automatically make it a scam, furthermore just because people like you are developers doesn't automatically mean you know better than everyone else and doesn't give you the right to call scam just because progress isn't up to your standards

" Yes, In my opinion " What part of that did you not understand ?

Also you seem very defensive... just say-en... ;)

If i think this is a scam, as others do... , I'm going to treat it as such, its ok if you disagree.

Also, "snags" take days, maybe weeks, possibly months?? huh?? to fix... Definitely not years of lies and fake release dates. ;)

Give me a break.

I'm not going to high-jack this post with arguments with you, go and say your words as that's what scammers do, I simply stated my honest opinion to help answer the topic question.

-Enjoy

Edited by MadApples