Recommended Posts

So, I seen the hunting video but I'm curios as to how firefight gameplay will appear- can I jump from my police car, crouch and head towards the cover I'm aimed at or aimed near? I'd image this is FPS only and not 3rd person, so does that mean the Gtav style of firefights involving cover will be diminished to a fallout 3 type of coverage, where you never actually apply yourself to cover but instead jump up or move to the side to shoot and duck to hide again and take cover that way? Because although it was a fixed cover system, I enjoyed it up most.

Just a wandering thought in the field of questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first read this I thought it was going to be a question about firefighting!

As for gun fights, the weapons in Identity are incredibly realistic with realistic damage models. Our ballistics and such could be compared to a game like Arma, so cover will be incredibly important. You'll also have to consider penetration of cover, which is based on a bunch of variables such as the type of bullet, velocity, cover material type and thickness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Paratus said:

When I first read this I thought it was going to be a question about firefighting!

As for gun fights, the weapons in Identity are incredibly realistic with realistic damage models. Our ballistics and such could be compared to a game like Arma, so cover will be incredibly important. You'll also have to consider penetration of cover, which is based on a bunch of variables such as the type of bullet, velocity, cover material type and thickness.

If you've managed to match arma, I applaude you  :)

Edited by avi312singh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, avi312singh said:

If you've managed to match arma, I applaude you  :)

well, they did create altis life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

The devs for identity made atlis life?

Can't remember where and when I saw this, but i think it was on youtube on the dev interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love that. in most games you could hide behind a hocky net and you'd be protected.

propper cover penetration system is a really good thing. you could purchase armour pircing rounds and manage to kill a guy who is behind light cover. 

LOVE IT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of different versions of Altis Life, but I created the one which became well known and even today is quite popular. We were the first to add almost every major feature. Because it's a mod, a lot of that work has made its way to the other editions (viewable source code) now although the Asylum servers still lead the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paratus said:

There are a lot of different versions of Altis Life, but I created the one which became well known and even today is quite popular. We were the first to add almost every major feature. Because it's a mod, a lot of that work has made its way to the other editions (viewable source code) now although the Asylum servers still lead the way.

From what i'm hearing, this game will be innovative and amazing.

#ggGTA

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But arent you afraid that gunplay will suffer due to most gun fights ending after 2 shots are fired?Doesnt seem to have much skill involved like DayZ.


Please be open to different ideas.I think Rust has gun fights nailed, its difficult but people have to take some shots before they go down, take a look if you dont know how it works on Rust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to see my first police shootout with crooks, that will be going on worldstaridentity.rpg LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you please stop adding your logo to every reply you make, got old fast.I know you want to strike fear into people with you badass mafia or whatever but the game wont come out for 12 months so cool off a little.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

Could you please stop adding your logo to every reply you make, got old fast.I know you want to strike fear into people with you badass mafia or whatever but the game wont come out for 12 months so cool off a little.

 

I think that might be his forum signature :D. I think anyone can upload a signature. We'll probably have to limit their size though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I would also like to point out that the game doesnt seem to have anything to do with the mafia so there is that.You can do whatever you want but it doesnt make much sense for a game that will take place in 2017.
I hope I dont seem too rude , I am just speaking my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

I think the idea is good but it takes way too much space.

Limited signatures to 1 image per signature at 600x150 pixels. That should prevent too many annoying signatures on the forums!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fabulous, are you replying to conversation or actually replying to like, the firefight And using cover stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

And I would also like to point out that the game doesnt seem to have anything to do with the mafia so there is that.You can do whatever you want but it doesnt make much sense for a game that will take place in 2017.
I hope I dont seem too rude , I am just speaking my mind

The mafia does exist. Just mostly in corrupt country's, like Mexico etc. Gangs are really, just a dumbed down version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And could you think about a possibility to limit the amount of threads people make per day.Not in a too much of a rush with it since we dont have too many people at the moment but could be needed in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Fabulous, are you replying to conversation or actually replying to like, the firefight And using cover stuff?

I was replying to PARATUS, what do you think about my idea yourself?Do you think people should die in 2 shots or more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, it's a forum to communicate and post ideas and think creatively on new things And possibilities, those signatures is wasting space my brotha-men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fabulous said:

I was replying to PARATUS, what do you think about my idea yourself?Do you think people should die in 2 shots or more 

It depends. Two shots to the leg kill you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chest of say 2 shots unarmored is def kill. That's a drop to the ground and hope you don't bleed out unless it's upper chest which is like 30-45 sec lifespan at utmost maximum. Like 10 sec kills your lung.. You done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now