LionKingGamer

Traffic Might Be an Issue No Joke

Now heres the thing traffic with 300 players yeah fine but with thousands you have like hundreds of people using cars at the same time and this could cause backlog. Honestly its good roleplay and i have love thinking about all the cars. Its soo sick but no joke it could be an issue and i really dont want to wait in traffic especially since the day is only 4 hours long 3:1 ratio i think but the possibilities could be endless

I heard something about the devs making the map bigger because of more players, but can't give a source. I think there are going to be traffic jams too, especially the highways to the cities. But if you really don't want to be in a traffic jam, you can always use the train!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, n0livi0n said:

I heard something about the devs making the map bigger because of more players, but can't give a source. I think there are going to be traffic jams too, especially the highways to the cities. But if you really don't want to be in a traffic jam, you can always use the train!

Yah, I think with spatialos  they may make the map bigger, which would probably decrease the chances of high traffic. However, if you think about it, not everyone will be using cars, as you said there will be some people who take the train! Also, there could be people who walk/bike everywhere so that will definitely decrease traffic. I understand the concern, but if you take into account 3 major cities, and still an entire island, I don't think everyone will all be in the same place at the same time, so hopefully that'll help as far as traffic and lag goes! Maybe they'll have a carpool lane, and encourage users to drive together, who knows! xD 

Edited by Hatoful
  • Like 2

Keep in mind, not every player will have a car.

This game is going to be an mmorpg which means owning a vehicle won't be as easy as just that.

Players will have to earn money for that vehicle, which may take a while, then own it aswell as a drivers license if they do not want their vehicle taken off them.

I think it will be great being in traffic xD, well I will love it because it will make my job more interesting :D 

• Like 2

I'd love to have traffic, it would be so great having rp based around being late for work etc etc

• Like 2

I think it said it had the potential to have thousands of players on a server I don't think there is going to be a thousand players on one server

• Like 1

I want there to be traffic problems like jams and stuff I also heard they're switching to something that could possibly let them add up to thousands of people!!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DEVS, ADD SIGNAL LIGHTS AND LANE ASSISTANT DRIVING, if I'm in my lane and some idiot hits me because he has a hard time staying in his lane, a lot of people will die.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DEVS, ADD SIGNAL LIGHTS AND LANE ASSISTANT DRIVING, if I'm in my lane and some idiot hits me because he has a hard time staying in his lane, a lot of people will die.

Yea, I am worrying about that mess happening. Just for the sake of it I'm considering starting an insurance company but it all depends

14 minutes ago, Dylan_Heisner said:

Yea, I am worrying about that mess happening. Just for the sake of it I'm considering starting an insurance company but it all depends

oh god horrible idea! insurance when people can drive and only a few accidents = profit. insurance when everyone is crashing into each other = bankrupt within the first 10 minutes of game release hahaha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

oh god horrible idea! insurance when people can drive and only a few accidents = profit. insurance when everyone is crashing into each other = bankrupt within the first 10 minutes of game release hahaha

So true though, I'll just have to raise them rates though xD

I honestly embrace it, the world will feel fleshed out as a living breathing world if it sustained hundreds of people simultaneously, always a job to be had or a business to rely on! You will really feel enthralled in the depth of the community and the people that surround it, the stories they tell and the life you live aside it; No more ghost towns with the occasional pedestrian!

I imagine proper repercussions will be put into play, like "realistic" car/character damage if you decide to drive carelessly or having to pay the state a considerable fine (adjustable by current political figures) to retrieve your vehicle from the impound lot; Not to mention tickets or even jail time (w/ fines), atop that you'd have to pay to acquire your driver's license I can imagine. In the end, if a nice vehicle is truly a challenge within Identity, like owning and maintaining one in the real world, then people will probably learn to respect and put considerable care into such a precious possession keeping accidents (hopefully) to a minimum.

I am only really concerned about the crime rate which we can all agree will only be as bad as the Law Enforcement that surrounds it. We can only hope determined confident individuals will aspire to be great Officer's of the Law working to keep a balance and harmony among the people. I can only hope people actually put effort into maintaining character consistency and not doing something ridiculous, like rebelling against a perfectly fair system. - Take the time to establish yourself in a fairly realistic sense, what will YOUR story be?

Edited by Hill

Traffic should not be a major issue within the game considering that players might be expected to utilize vehicles during different time periods of the day. Thus, at least ten percent of vehicle owners or drivers shall be traveling to the workplace or engaging in a joy-ride during certain time periods depending on their shifts. In the process, players are more likely to be interacting with other individuals within buildings or at public locations rather than within a vehicle during the majority of the occasion. Finally, each city shall merely consist of an estimated amount of 10%-30% of the server's players while the remainder of the players shall be stationed within the countryside. Finally, 100% of the players shall not be online at the same exact time, excluding during launch. In conclusion, traffic shall RARELY be an issue within the game unless a "special event" were to occur within one city at a specific time.

Edited by DLimit

1 hour ago, flowermouth said:

Traffic wouldn't be an issue for some ?

this is not street racing.... this is:

im from georgia, RIP giorgi

• Like 1

I hope that the traffic will be there, will be alot of fun. I admire a game with alot alot alot of players in the same server.

2 hours ago, Abilify15mg said:

im from georgia, RIP giorgi

Giorgi was a legend. And like all legends he died in the passenger seat. If he was driving it would of never happened. Rest in Peace.

2 hours ago, Abilify15mg said:

this is not street racing.... this is

And I know it's not really street racing, it's some ill functioning retard weaving through busy traffic which is my absolute number one no no when it comes to street racing.

This is street racing.

Edited by flowermouth
Video link change.

8 hours ago, DLimit said:

Traffic should not be a major issue within the game considering that players might be expected to utilize vehicles during different time periods of the day. Thus, at least ten percent of vehicle owners or drivers shall be traveling to the workplace or engaging in a joy-ride during certain time periods depending on their shifts. In the process, players are more likely to be interacting with other individuals within buildings or at public locations rather than within a vehicle during the majority of the occasion. Finally, each city shall merely consist of an estimated amount of 10%-30% of the server's players while the remainder of the players shall be stationed within the countryside. Finally, 100% of the players shall not be online at the same exact time, excluding during launch. In conclusion, traffic shall RARELY be an issue within the game unless a "special event" were to occur within one city at a specific time.

i dont think there is specific hours or shifts that you have to go to work for, i think you just walk into your work and start working. so for the first while i think traffic will be pretty bad just because everyone will drive around exploring the shit out of the map.and there will always be those popular servers that will be full as shit, those will be traffic jam ones for sure

I think that the traffic is going to be balanced depending on where in the map you are. Of course, if you are in the city, then yes there is going to be heavy traffic just like in real life. That's why cities have public transportation like buses, trains, subways, and the possibility of walking to your destination. If you are in a more rural part of the map, then obviously there isn't going to be as heavy of traffic, and on highways there are going to be other players, but it should be fairly smooth just like in real life.