Vince

A problem with Identity

The devs have stated you will only be able to see somebody's name if you look at them and they don't have a mask on. They have also said that it will be an option for private server owners to make it so that you can only see somebody's name above their heads once they greet and introduce themselves to you. I think this should be the other way around. It should be the default for you to have to introduce yourself. To make it so that you can instantly know who you are talking to even if they don't first introduce themselves would ruin so much potential RP and make the game more appealing to GTA twelvies. What do you think?

Also, I'm guessing it will show your RP name above your head and not your steam name.

@Motown @Paratus

• Like 5

I was wondering the same thing about hackers, surely they have upper when other citizens have no idea on who they should report on. Gonna follow this post to see answers.

Thing is, there's probably not going to be many facial features so many characters will look similar. So it's hard to see who is who and such. I think it's better to just see names on their heads, also because it would be too hard for the cops to find criminals (experience from Arma 3 life servers).

But to each their own of course. I can definitely see why you would want it though.

There's going to be many servers, so you'll probably find a server which has names disabled until greetings etc.

The official servers will most likely be light RP so anyone who isn't into hardcore RP etc can just join without being pressured into heavy RPing.

2 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

Thing is, there's probably not going to be many facial features so many characters will look similar. So it's hard to see who is who and such. I think it's better to just see names on their heads, also because it would be too hard for the cops to find criminals (experience from Arma 3 life servers).

But...

Identity will be have a big complex character customization. They've said many times they'd love for each character to be unique, individual, like real people are. I hope they'll do something similar to Black Desert, or at least B&S or even Sims. In a social game attack of clones would really ruin the experience!

@Vix I'd love it if it happened, but I doubt it, Bethesda also said that you could go very in-depth with character creation in Skyrim and Fallout 4, didn't really turn out that way.

I hope I'm wrong though.

15 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

But to each their own of course. I can definitely see why you would want it though.

There's going to be many servers, so you'll probably find a server which has names disabled until greetings etc.

The official servers will most likely be light RP so anyone who isn't into hardcore RP etc can just join without being pressured into heavy RPing.

They said they'll have detectives, so let's say if it was a gun shot, bullet casings (I'm guessing) and things like that will be left to determine who did the crime.

I like the fact of this, its better for the cops, and also many other things. But, it will be up to the players to role play and "Pretend" that you don't know someones name until you ask them. 

1 hour ago, KevinLangston said:

I like the fact of this, its better for the cops, and also many other things. But, it will be up to the players to role play and "Pretend" that you don't know someones name until you ask them. 

Of course, but a lot of players can't be trusted to do that in my experience. The only way having the system they plan on having would work is if absolutely no GTA kids get the game, which leaves about 20 forum members :/

6 hours ago, Johnny said:

Of course, but a lot of players can't be trusted to do that in my experience. The only way having the system they plan on having would work is if absolutely no GTA kids get the game, which leaves about 20 forum members :/

Even if the GTA kids get it, they will learn REALLY quick. They will kill someone, and spend 10 REAL hours in jail, and sit there and go, I'll never do that again. 

Edited by KevinLangston

41 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

Even if the GTA kids get it, they will learn REALLY quick. They will kill someone, and spend 10 REAL hours in jail, and sit there and go, I'll never do that again. 

they'll always come again.

On 10.2.2016 at 7:26 AM, Johnny said:

The devs have stated you will only be able to see somebody's name if you look at them and they don't have a mask on. They have also said that it will be an option for private server owners to make it so that you can only see somebody's name above their heads once they greet and introduce themselves to you. I think this should be the other way around. It should be the default for you to have to introduce yourself. To make it so that you can instantly know who you are talking to even if they don't first introduce themselves would ruin so much potential RP and make the game more appealing to GTA twelvies. What do you think?

Also, I'm guessing it will show your RP name above your head and not your steam name.

@Motown @Paratus

i like that idea. would be a bit weird if you see other players names before knowing them

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

Lol exactly. To be honest that won't stop be from doing crimes (obviously) but I wouldn't go around killing random people. I don't even in do that GTA lol

16 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

Possibly, but on the other hand some kids just never get it. I used to own a SeriousRP server on Gmod and maybe one out of 10 people would get that it wasn't GTA. Those other 9 still wouldn't get it even if you punished them. Since Identity is an RP based game, the ratios should be the other way around 9:1 not 1:9, but still I think putting in as many measures to promote RP (like the one I've mentioned) would be good.

On 2/10/2016 at 0:55 AM, Atmosphere said:

@Vix I'd love it if it happened, but I doubt it, Bethesda also said that you could go very in-depth with character creation in Skyrim and Fallout 4, didn't really turn out that way.

You have a point, but then again those games aren't multiplayer or RP-based so I'd hope that, since it would matter more, they would keep to their word more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaulieMariano said:

You have a point, but then again those games aren't multiplayer or RP-based so I'd hope that, since it would matter more, they would keep to their word more.

That's true. I'm probably just being a pessimist. Hope it's going to be great.