LuciousTimes

POLITICAL PEACE

8 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

1. Governor will be able to change the tax rates, change amount of Government vehicles that can be used at one time etc.

2. Taxes will likely go towards allowing more police cars / ambulances / Fire Engines. Things you may think of which happens to be government owned.

3. Your salary probably gets taxed as you get paid. (I have no clue as no real answer).

4. 1 day so far but the devs will alter it after testing if needed.

So we have no input on healthcare, drugs, etc!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

So we have no input on healthcare, drugs, etc!

Oh yeah you can change the laws but I think there will be a few default laws that cannot be changed. When I said taxes help fund things like government vehicles, I am sure that would also include Job funding too possibly. Healthcare would possibly be under that as with paramedic funding.

13 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

1. Governor will be able to change the tax rates, change amount of Government vehicles that can be used at one time etc.

2. Taxes will likely go towards allowing more police cars / ambulances / Fire Engines. Things you may think of which happens to be government owned.

3. Your salary probably gets taxed as you get paid. (I have no clue as no real answer).

4. 1 day so far but the devs will alter it after testing if needed.

One day? So you we are spending ages to win an election just to be put out of office after a day? Not being disrespectful just genuinely curious.

5 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

One day? So you we are spending ages to win an election just to be put out of office after a day? Not being disrespectful just genuinely curious.

It is for testing... remember it is a long time off from being set in stone.

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

It is for testing... remember it is a long time off from being set in stone.

I get that it is for testing but even still, that testing period is not irrelevant. We are still gonna lose our victory after 1 day. Ah well thanks anyway

8 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Oh yeah you can change the laws but I think there will be a few default laws that cannot be changed. When I said taxes help fund things like government vehicles, I am sure that would also include Job funding too possibly. Healthcare would possibly be under that as with paramedic funding.

No disrespect, but for us to be successful and run proper campaigns we need 100% factual information. We're aware things are still in process but we need to know exactly what our impact is on government.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LuciousTimes said:

No disrespect, but for us to be successful and run proper campaigns we need 100% factual information. We're aware things are still in process but we need to know exactly what our impact is on government.

The first answer is more factual than you think as it has already been confirmed the governor can change laws, taxes etc.

Also the last one was confirmed to and yes it is short but it will likely change as it is just for testing purposes but guys remember that you won't be winning anything until the BETA if not full release.

The tax plans will have to change depending on what the government has to pay for. I think it's hard to predict every single thing they will. For example, Lucious Times tax plan might not provide enough money, or maybe just right. It all depends on the final model of the game. For now, I think the flat 10% tax rate is a fine plan to settle on.

Edited by URSAMAJOR03
Last sentence

Mr. Times, thank you for posting this thread. I'm glad that you have been keeping up and supporting Identity politics. I have been incredibly busy with school and work the past couple months but am back to the forums! Appreciate you keeping me in the political arena. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyCruz said:

Mr. Times, thank you for posting this thread. I'm glad that you have been keeping up and supporting Identity politics. I have been incredibly busy with school and work the past couple months but am back to the forums! Appreciate you keeping me in the political arena. 

Of course, us 4 men should be on the Identity Mount Rushmore! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, URSAMAJOR03 said:

The tax plans will have to change depending on what the government has to pay for. I think it's hard to predict every single thing they will. For example, Lucious Times tax plan might not provide enough money, or maybe just right. It all depends on the final model of the game. For now, I think the flat 10% tax rate is a fine plan to settle on.

Exactly, it would determine whether or leave it where it is or increase it to 25%!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

Exactly, it would determine whether or leave it where it is or increase it to 25%!

I think everyone has agreed on a similar stance, should we move on to the discussion of Healthcare now?

10 minutes ago, URSAMAJOR03 said:

I think everyone has agreed on a similar stance, should we move on to the discussion of Healthcare now?

I want to give more people a chance to discuss, especially the other candidate! Tomorrow night I'll close the taxes portion! 

• Like 2

Now that time has passed and we've given plenty a chance to speak their peach it's time we move to helthcare! 

• Like 2

In my opinion....

HEALTHCARE:  I strongly support a complete separation of healthcare and the state. I support the deregulation of the healthcare industry.

I say this because if people are paying for health insurance and they don't get sick it's a waste of money, so let's not make healthcare plans! Instead, let doctors form their own plans with their patients that way it's more affordable and used when needed!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

In my opinion....

HEALTHCARE:  I strongly support a complete separation of healthcare and the state. I support the deregulation of the healthcare industry.

I say this because if people are paying for health insurance and they don't get sick it's a waste of money, so let's not make healthcare plans! Instead, let doctors form their own plans with their patients that way it's more affordable and used when needed!

If healthcare is separated from the state, hospitals will become businesses. This means that medical bills could go up, since now the hospitals aren't only looking for coverage on Doctor's salaries, physicians, diagnosis, drugs, medical equipment, electricity, water, food, etc. Now they have to turn a (bigger) profit. But then you double down on people by restricting health insurance. It is not a waste of money to pay a company to help you out when you have a $150,000 dollar medical bill. Even if it doesn't happen, it was that person's decision to pay for it. Don't you support a free market?

1. If hospitals became privatized, what would you do to prevent a monopoly on health care?

2. How are people supposed to pay their bills when hospital costs go up, and they can't get health insurance?

3. How would you keep the economy healthy when a huge industry that makes a lot of money, and therefore pays a lot of taxes to the government, is wiped out?

4. What is to prevent doctors from tricking their patients into paying more?

5. How would doctors be able to make "more affordable" plans?

6 minutes ago, URSAMAJOR03 said:

If healthcare is separated from the state, hospitals will become businesses. This means that medical bills could go up, since now the hospitals aren't only looking for coverage on Doctor's salaries, physicians, diagnosis, drugs, medical equipment, electricity, water, food, etc. Now they have to turn a (bigger) profit. But then you double down on people by restricting health insurance. It is not a waste of money to pay a company to help you out when you have a $150,000 dollar medical bill. Even if it doesn't happen, it was that person's decision to pay for it. Don't you support a free market?

1. If hospitals became privatized, what would you do to prevent a monopoly on health care?

2. How are people supposed to pay their bills when hospital costs go up, and they can't get health insurance?

3. How would you keep the economy healthy when a huge industry that makes a lot of money, and therefore pays a lot of taxes to the government, is wiped out?

4. What is to prevent doctors from tricking their patients into paying more?

5. How would doctors be able to make "more affordable" plans?

No more than $2000 per needed operation!

Insurance will be through doctor offices! No more than $500 monthly!

The industry will be stable with further laws!

Laws!

Lower their rates, it's their plans under the governments laws!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

No more than $2000 per needed operation!

Insurance will be through doctor offices! No more than $500 monthly!

The industry will be stable with further laws!

Laws!

Lower their rates, it's their plans under the governments laws!

How would you enforce $2000 dollar operations? If hospitals were owned by players, they would quickly go out of business or have to offer terrible medical care. Healthcare is expensive for the hospitals, you know.

Again, this would contribute to bankruptcy. Since you can't make the $2000 an operation happen, Hospitals would collect about $18,000 in health insurance before giving their customer a free operation that costs them $100,000.

What laws?

How would you enforce these laws?

You really love laws.

If you support a free market, why are you placing so many laws on privatized healthcare? And even more, destroying the health insurance industry is pretty anti-free market.

6 minutes ago, URSAMAJOR03 said:

How would you enforce $2000 dollar operations? If hospitals were owned by players, they would quickly go out of business or have to offer terrible medical care. Healthcare is expensive for the hospitals, you know.

Again, this would contribute to bankruptcy. Since you can't make the $2000 an operation happen, Hospitals would collect about $18,000 in health insurance before giving their customer a free operation that costs them $100,000.

What laws?

How would you enforce these laws?

You really love laws.

If you support a free market, why are you placing so many laws on privatized healthcare? And even more, destroying the health insurance industry is pretty anti-free market.

100% free market would be sitting back and not regulating anything! It would be letting doctors have 100% control!

• Like 2

My opinion on healthcare is simple. Using the taxes collected from citizens, I intend on giving free health care to anyone who needs it. Not just someone's feeling ill so give them free painkillers, you will have to pay for the unnecessary things, but major things will be free. If players want to run their own private businesses for healthcare they should be free to do so, but free healthcare to those who need it is a priority for me

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

My opinion on healthcare is simple. Using the taxes collected from citizens, I intend on giving free health care to anyone who needs it. Not just someone's feeling ill so give them free painkillers, you will have to pay for the unnecessary things, but major things will be free. If players want to run their own private businesses for healthcare they should be free to do so, but free healthcare to those who need it is a priority for me

That be true! We want to give to those in need! How would we regulate it? Because using taxes means we're using taxes to pay doctors and we don't want doctors robbing the government! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

That be true! We want to give to those in need! How would we regulate it? Because using taxes means we're using taxes to pay doctors and we don't want doctors robbing the government! 

The doctors will be given a salary. Private healthcare practitioners will not receive any governmental funding, they can only secure investments through banks as it is a private practise.

6 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

The doctors will be given a salary. Private healthcare practitioners will not receive any governmental funding, they can only secure investments through banks as it is a private practise.

So doctors are given salaries from government and healthcare is paid from government? Where will the money from the doctors fees go? To the doctors? Do the doctors get salaries and payment for fees!

I say doctors get a set salary and there is no fee for any type of healthcare! Government well-paid salaries that make it to where health fees are okay being free for doctors! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

So doctors are given salaries from government and healthcare is paid from government? Where will the money from the doctors fees go? To the doctors? Do the doctors get salaries and payment for fees!

I say doctors get a set salary and there is no fee for any type of healthcare! Government well-paid salaries that make it to where health fees are okay being free for doctors! 

Well you have your opinion and I have mine. I have outlined many times where money will come from, I do not believe we should put a price on the life of a citizen. I will not stand by and let someone die because they cannot afford it.