LuciousTimes

POLITICAL PEACE

4 hours ago, ConnorAbbott659 said:

You have to be, @LuciousTimes, one of the most obnoxious, self centred, mediocre simpletons I have ever met. You claim to be a ""leading"" politician when in reality, you have next to no experience and it is clear from your obsession with Zootopia fan fiction you are nothing but a 12 year old obsessed with politics and a strange fantasy with having power rushes over random people on the Internet. 

Your jab hurt a bit, but I'll survive!  You don't know me or my experience in politics, how can you say I have no experience if you don't know me?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

30-40% income tax is too high, if you really need to take that much to keep things going, you have overgrown government. In fact I do hope there are other ways we can collect taxes (such as a property tax) because income tax is nearly criminal, in fact we had to amend the constitution just to do it in the United States because it was originally unconstitutional. And it is definitely not something that needs to happen at the state level if it can be prevented via alternative sources of income.

Now that gives us something to think about! 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2017 at 4:53 PM, ThomasHetch said:

Sorry I am busy with my family right now because my grand ma died 2 months a go and I am helping my mom cope with it, also I had to spend two weeks in Huston with my mom and then fly  over to Germany for my grandmas funeral and spend a month there and now I am back in California catching up on work.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:53 PM, ThomasHetch said:

Sorry I am busy with my family right now because my grand ma died 2 months a go and I am helping my mom cope with it, also I had to spend two weeks in Huston with my mom and then fly  over to Germany for my grandmas funeral and spend a month there and now I am back in California catching up on work.

Im sorry for your loss

On 05/07/2017 at 8:35 PM, LuciousTimes said:

To begin, in my opinion...

TAXES: Taxes will be a very simple flat tax. 10% of your reported yearly income must be given in taxes. 10% tax will also be placed on corporation profit, not income.

Was a bit saddened to not have been mentioned, however, I completely understand as I am a newcomer to the "political arena" (as you describe it).

The Hamilton Party would choose to have tax set at 10% and are in agreement with this policy and would go into funding the Emergency Services and Government Officials.

1 hour ago, BrianHamilton said:

Was a bit saddened to not have been mentioned, however, I completely understand as I am a newcomer to the "political arena" (as you describe it).

The Hamilton Party would choose to have tax set at 10% and are in agreement with this policy and would go into funding the Emergency Services and Government Officials.

Maybe, for all governors it's easier to use fake currency as a measure now. ( all different kinds of moneyyyyyyy ) so you can kinda guess which kind of tax you will be using.

There is no real way to see how much tax you take from people because we don't know anything about the conomy yet, how much we make etc.

1 hour ago, BrianHamilton said:

Why and where would you feel deserving of being mentioned? I know you're not referring to the 10% tax I established and you added to your campaign...are you? I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't see where I needed to mention you!

Edited by LuciousTimes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LuciousTimes said:

Why and where would you feel deserving of being mentioned? I know you're not referring to the 10% tax I established and you added to your campaign...are you? I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't see where I needed to mention you!

Our Tax Rate is set at 15% (as can be seen via our website) I was simply saying that we "would" choose to agree upon a 10% tax rate (with the right agreements and conditions) but not that we necessarily will.

As for mentioning, of course you're under no obligation to have to mention our party or myself, however, having mentioned all-to-most of the other major political candidates it would appear you're simply trying to avoid any mention of us as it could lead to more votes for us. Can't say I blame you.

Best of luck with the elections when the island opens.

Edited by BrianHamilton

12 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Our Tax Rate is set at 15% (as can be seen via our website) I was simply saying that we "would" choose to agree upon a 10% tax rate (with the right agreements and conditions) but not that we necessarily will.

As for mentioning, of course you're under no obligation to have to mention our party or myself, however, having mentioned all-to-most of the other major political candidates it would appear you're simply trying to avoid any mention of us as it could lead to more votes for us. Can't say I blame you.

Best of luck with the elections when the island opens.

I would have mentioned you with the others had you been around when I made this topic! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

Our tax rate is set to "to be determined" because it is quite foolish to establish a rate without knowing anything about how the in-game economy will work. It may be likely that the citizens will have such a high income that you won't need to charge anywhere near 10%, the government does not need to make a profit, it only needs to cover its own expenses.

Whilst I somewhat agree that the tax rate may be too early to be determined, I disagree with the following statement regarding profit.

Being the Governor and running a political party is a job too so of course we need to make profit and any smart politician would agree. The tax needs to be set low enough so it's not taking too much of people's hard earned money but high enough so that we can use that taxed money to fund important government organisations and, of course, the Emergency Services.

2 hours ago, BrianHamilton said:

Whilst I somewhat agree that the tax rate may be too early to be determined, I disagree with the following statement regarding profit.

Being the Governor and running a political party is a job too so of course we need to make profit and any smart politician would agree. The tax needs to be set low enough so it's not taking too much of people's hard earned money but high enough so that we can use that taxed money to fund important government organisations and, of course, the Emergency Services.

I like it, you are great at having arguments! nice nice nice

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

The government is not a business, if it is making a profit, you are taxing too high. There is a huge difference between revenue and profit, profit is simply revenue - costs, I assume you know that. If you have profit, then you have money left over from your expenses that should have been in the taxpayer's pockets, not in the government's pockets.

You are perfectly correct; the government is not a business, however, it is still a job and jobs pay. Even politicians need to get paid and make money to make a living. Now, as for the taxing rate, I stated in my previous post:

3 hours ago, BrianHamilton said:

... that it needs to be balanced between "not too high" but also "not too low ".

Think of what the taxed money could go into and fund. The potential for government projects to help the island and the citizens not to mention the Emergency Services who will be working day and night to protect the island and save lives.

Now, I know that tax is a very controversial topic and nobody necessarily "likes" tax, but it is important to have and I feel that 10% and 15% are not necessarily unreasonable considering all of the jobs and projects which will need funding. Compare those rates to places elsewhere in the United States and I think this is actually quite generous.

Edited by BrianHamilton

6 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

Making a profit has nothing to do with politicians getting paid. Paychecks are a cost, therefore they are subtracted out of revenue. Profit is money left over, not the total amount of money gained.

I'm aware of the difference between a paycheck (paycheque) and profit, however, my point is that the profit made should not be wasted and should be recycled by putting it back into funding the Emergency Services and increasing the budgets for government projects whilst also being used to pay government employees.

You can visit our Policies for more information regarding the "General Economy" and the "Emergency Services" amongst other important and notable policies and Acts that we'll put in place.

5 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

Of course, but profit should never be the goal in the first place, as it is not the government's purpose to profit off of its citizens.

Profit will never be our main goal, however, it should definitely be a goal to meet because if we are only just leveling with our budgets or even worse; going into loss or debt, then that's obviously going to be problematic so we should always aim for profit as a goal however, as I just said, it will never be our main goal or prority. 

Our main priority is to ensure that the public is happy. Whilst, of course, nobody can please everybody, we hope to meet the moral requirements of citizens to keep the general morale high at all times.

Honesty, I'm enjoying the discussion!  But with this being my topic it's only right of me to give my ideology!  I believe taxes should 10% flat as I've said! No more no less, that's enough to cover all expenses including government officials pay and Emergency Services pay. Profit, won't exist because every dime will be used...there will be no leftovers! Would it be nice for the government to be flooded with excess to do as needed/wanted? Yes, but if the government has more then the people have less!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

You shouldn't be so sure about a random number backed by no statistics or real numbers. Just because 10% sounds like a good number doesn't mean it will be any good within the game.

What do you mean? No matter how much money people are making or the population a percentage amount is always fair...it'll also work because of the information the devs have given us in terms of how money works and average income.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

I never said a percentage isn't fair, but who says 10% would be the right percentage? and no you don't have nearly enough info to come up with a good number yet, you don't know how much anything is going to cost such as law enforcement and municipal needs. It's just another example of how politicians on identity want only to deceive public voters into voting for them without actually backing up any of their numbers or ideas with facts. It would be like me going around saying a 5% tax will balance the economy perfectly, and cover all of our expenses. I don't know that, I can't back that up with any credible information, so I don't say it.

Let's not start speaking of deceiving the public, not all politicians with to be "slightly corrupt". We're all trying to scope and get a feel of what we are working with, I made this topic to discuss things once new things were learn! Your right the game isn't out, so all we can base our numbers off of are real world numbers. The devs have said that prices will be similar to real world prices to make things easier and more understanding!  So if that's the case, if the numbers, salaries and all are like the real world, then 10% is enough! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

also, why must you have your two alt accounts like every post you create?

To not disregard this, @FatherOfTimes is really my great uncle and @Rumpelstiltskin is brother. To not expose my personal life, I'll just say that we live together and they try to like my post everyday! We all like the game, they just aren't as invested in it as I am! But they do help me by like my post! They only get on like twice a day! Checking the campaign feed in the am and liking my post in the pm!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Honesty, I'm enjoying the discussion!  But with this being my topic it's only right of me to give my ideology!  I believe taxes should 10% flat as I've said! No more no less, that's enough to cover all expenses including government officials pay and Emergency Services pay. Profit, won't exist because every dime will be used...there will be no leftovers! Would it be nice for the government to be flooded with excess to do as needed/wanted? Yes, but if the government has more then the people have less!

It's not about the "people hav[ing] less". If you view our party's policy on Competitive Payrolls (view here) the people will be earning more than average and enough so that even with a 15% tax rate (or 10%) that they should still be very happy with their wages. Although their wage depends on the job, our policy seeks to pay the worker on how hard they do their job, not necessarily what the job actually is. However, of course, there will be jobs with higher pay than others such as Emergency Services.

11 hours ago, dragon_12dk said:

You shouldn't be so sure about a random number backed by no statistics or real numbers. Just because 10% sounds like a good number doesn't mean it will be any good within the game.

10% seems a little low and, to be honest, a little desperate. I think that 15% is fair. It's not too low like 10% but it's not too high. It's pretty average but only just on the lower-side so workers can still be happy with what they are being paid.

I think "10" just seemed like an easy number because it's an "even number" and ends in a 0 so perhaps it looks more appealing.

Just after analyzing, it's clear the difference in opinion in taxes is very different!  That's not bad, it's just hard to have peaceful discussion with that. Plus, we have ideas, but we need a day in the life with in games money. Let's discuss what's next...like crime, something we are educated on!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Just after analyzing, it's clear the difference in opinion in taxes is very different!  That's not bad, it's just hard to have peaceful discussion with that. Plus, we have ideas, but we need a day in the life with in games money. Let's discuss what's next...like crime, something we are educated on!

CRIME:

You can find our laws by clicking the highlighted word which will take you to the Laws section of our website. We are constantly updating these amongst other elements of the site.

8 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

CRIME:

You can find our laws by clicking the highlighted word which will take you to the Laws section of our website. We are constantly updating these amongst other elements of the site.

I appreciate the credit you've given to my party,  but you've kinda just taken my whole theme here with the gold colors and all!

• Like 2