Striker

Amount of guns able to carry

I heard that you can only hold or have 1 gun in your inventory to make it realistic. It would be cool if you could carry a hand gun in a backpack or strap a machine gun to your back like in Just Cause 3. I would really like to be able to carry more than 1 gun, and I bet other people would like that too. I think it would make combat much funner.

I think that you should only be able to carry as many guns as is realistic, in relation to your size, strength, backpacks/carrying equipment, bandoliers and that they should slow you down in relation to their weight. E.g. you could max out your body with the weight of a bloody oxygen tank weight worth of guns but you'd be slowed down and unable to conceal a pistol or secondary weapon if you are holding it with all of your body/extra storage being used for guns. I believe there should be realism and immersion and that if physical limitations are involved in Identity then it will be a much more immersive and rewarding experience overall and probably leave some mouths wide open in awe of how immersive the roleplaying experience really is.

13 minutes ago, Mark_Fergason said:

Ya will it be 3 weapons like Arma 3 or 50 like GTA.

The former. :)

I was so annoyed in GTA how you carried so many guns, having to scroll through each one infinitely to find the right one. Holding 13 different types of melees, 4 different rifles, it was just so annoying @Mark_Fergason

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

The former. :)

If you're carrying a revolver will it stick out more than a small "prostitute" pistol?  Or will concealment be equal among all weapons?

1 hour ago, Xentinel said:

If you're carrying a revolver will it stick out more than a small "prostitute" pistol?  Or will concealment be equal among all weapons?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NeonPuffin said:

I think that you should only be able to carry as many guns as is realistic, in relation to your size, strength, backpacks/carrying equipment, bandoliers and that they should slow you down in relation to their weight. E.g. you could max out your body with the weight of a bloody oxygen tank weight worth of guns but you'd be slowed down and unable to conceal a pistol or secondary weapon if you are holding it with all of your body/extra storage being used for guns. I believe there should be realism and immersion and that if physical limitations are involved in Identity then it will be a much more immersive and rewarding experience overall and probably leave some mouths wide open in awe of how immersive the roleplaying experience really is.

I agree I think you should be as real as possible just carry 1 or 2 guns. A primary and a secondary. If you want alot of guns you ott to go play gta V. But Identity is going to kill gta V in my opinion. 

of course you should be able to carry infinite amount of guns and ammo without belts just inside your body. most realistic thing ever.

4 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

of course you should be able to carry infinite amount of guns and ammo without belts just inside your body. most realistic thing ever.

It will be interesting to see how only 1 or 2 extra clips of ammo will go with people being use to having a almost unlimited amount of ammo.

Gun fights will be over quick. And sharing ammo will be a thing. 

23 hours ago, Chuc said:

It will be interesting to see how only 1 or 2 extra clips of ammo will go with people being use to having a almost unlimited amount of ammo.

Gun fights will be over quick. And sharing ammo will be a thing. 

it was sarcasm. i don't think that a character will look like switzer cheese while runing faster than bolt (the fast guy)

Theoretically a person in real life could carry 5 or 6 large guns, but they would be noticed in a second. Also I don't think larger weaponry will be too common, so it'll be a very very rare sight to see anybody walking around with a handgun, let alone a rifle or shotgun.

Maybe you could have 3 handguns at once at a maximum and 1 larger weapon (machine pistol, shotgun, rifle, etc). That said, if you have any more than 2 handguns, the fact that you are carrying becomes more noticeable and liable to be arrested. For example if you have 1 handgun only, it's very hard to be spotted without a pat-down, but if you have 3 handguns it is a lot more likely that you will be found out, and if you are carrying a large weapon like an assault rifle it's basically impossible not to have it seen.

To achieve this, each weapon could have a hidden visibility rating, and when you are close to or over 100 visibility and you are seen, the person can easily notice the weapon. For example most pistols could have around 25 visibility (depending on the exact pistol), whereas the smaller rifles have closer to 85 visibility and the larger ones around 125. That way with some larger weapons you literally cannot conceal them, however with others that are slightly smaller, you have a chance of doing so. 

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Johnny said:

Theoretically a person in real life could carry 5 or 6 large guns, but they would be noticed in a second. Also I don't think larger weaponry will be too common, so it'll be a very very rare sight to see anybody walking around with a handgun, let alone a rifle or shotgun.

Maybe you could have 3 handguns at once at a maximum and 1 larger weapon (machine pistol, shotgun, rifle, etc). That said, if you have any more than 2 handguns, the fact that you are carrying becomes more noticeable and liable to be arrested. For example if you have 1 handgun only, it's very hard to be spotted without a pat-down, but if you have 3 handguns it is a lot more likely that you will be found out, and if you are carrying a large weapon like an assault rifle it's basically impossible not to have it seen.

To achieve this, each weapon could have a hidden visibility rating, and when you are close to or over 100 visibility and you are seen, the person can easily notice the weapon. For example most pistols could have around 25 visibility (depending on the exact pistol), whereas the smaller rifles have closer to 85 visibility and the larger ones around 125. That way with some larger weapons you literally cannot conceal them, however with others that are slightly smaller, you have a chance of doing so. 

Its payday 2 all over again folks! xD

But really, i think it shouldn't be a fixed system like the latter of your post explained, i just think you should have to correctly place it on your character, and if it was a huge right, it would have no place to correctly hide. Something like drag and drop, or a option to put it in ur pocket, in ur back belt area, or you can purchase a holster, and put it in there. One quick post to the admins too, Please make sure you guys remember to add a concealed carry liscense and holster!

-Ted

Honestly if you're going to be realistic about it you could carry many many handguns, holsters going all around your waist, drop leg holsters, shoulder holsters, but IMO I think you should be able to have 2 pistol holsters max. As for rifles, shotguns, etc. Maybe 2 on the back and 1 in your hands. You could have like a shotgun scabbard across your back and a rifle on a sling. Realistically though you can you quite a few on slings.

1 minute ago, GeeBoMac said:

Honestly if you're going to be realistic about it you could carry many many handguns, holsters going all around your waist, drop leg holsters, shoulder holsters, but IMO I think you should be able to have 2 pistol holsters max. As for rifles, shotguns, etc. Maybe 2 on the back and 1 in your hands. You could have like a shotgun scabbard across your back and a rifle on a sling. Realistically though you can you quite a few on slings.

Im thinking more like 2 sidearm holsters. and either 1 or 2 primaries. 1 in hand and 1 on back.

just my opinion. Also this is just a limit. Unless you are loaded you most likely wont fill all those slots. Im most likely just going to go for a glock or something stuffed in my belt :D

15 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Im thinking more like 2 sidearm holsters. and either 1 or 2 primaries. 1 in hand and 1 on back.

just my opinion. Also this is just a limit. Unless you are loaded you most likely wont fill all those slots. Im most likely just going to go for a glock or something stuffed in my belt :D

Same here, I just want a carry pistol, and maybe a rifle like a Model 700 for hunting.

• Like 1

No brother, fuck bounty hunters they are the worst.

No rp what so ever, they just instantly shout hands up and shoot you.

• Like 1