Jameson

Multiple characters?

16 hours ago, A_Few_Asians said:

I hope multiple characters per game account or at least 3

There will def' be more than one character per account

I hope it wont be like Save 1 gets sent to jail, logs off and Save 2 cleans slate of Save 1 and sets free...

54 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

I hope it wont be like Save 1 gets sent to jail, logs off and Save 2 cleans slate of Save 1 and sets free...

The story of most Gmod servers right here.

• Like 1

Most likely one character per server, however it'll be interesting with the promises of an apartment, car and cash to certain pledgers. I cannot imagine that it will be valid on every server, probably only public/official servers.

6 hours ago, Fursten said:

Most likely one character per server, however it'll be interesting with the promises of an apartment, car and cash to certain pledgers. I cannot imagine that it will be valid on every server, probably only public/official servers.

They didn't say it would be one per server they just said more than one

On 14/01/2016 at 4:39 AM, Vix said:

And it's all we know atm. 

wow! 1 person created 100 characters on one server while only 90 peoples are playing on that server. good job

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcdock said:

They didn't say it would be one per server they just said more than one

Well, if it would be allowed with more than 1 character per server, then it would be just as bad as having multies in SA:MP or Altis Life. (If you know what I mean)

So no, it will probably not be accepted with more characters per server.

If so, then they'll have to reinvent how transferring money and other sellable things works, to avoid someone just joining the server with 100 characters and transfer 1.000 cash per character to the main character. (If that's what the pledge gave)

There wouldn't be a feeling of importance to ones character if you have one in prison, one is free, one is a cop, another one is a criminal. No, I can't imagine many players liking that non-serious way of being everything at once with 100 characters.

Edited by Fursten

6 hours ago, Fursten said:

Well, if it would be allowed with more than 1 character per server, then it would be just as bad as having multies in SA:MP or Altis Life. (If you know what I mean)

So no, it will probably not be accepted with more characters per server.

If so, then they'll have to reinvent how transferring money and other sellable things works, to avoid someone just joining the server with 100 characters and transfer 1.000 cash per character to the main character. (If that's what the pledge gave)

There wouldn't be a feeling of importance to ones character if you have one in prison, one is free, one is a cop, another one is a criminal. No, I can't imagine many players liking that non-serious way of being everything at once with 100 characters.

You're going a bit far with 100 characters... I would imagine it would be around 3 also I don't really think forcing people to have one character per server is a good idea because what if someone wants to play as a cop but also play as a bad guy and they don't want to have to play on different servers just to achieve that.

@jcdock think like it would be reallife. do what you would never do in reallife! first be a cop, then play until it'S boring and then join the dark force

• Like 1

One character at a time per server seems fine to me but 3 sounds even better because I'm going to have fun with the character creation system and I doubt I'll be able to settle on just one character make-up.

already read this: at least one character available to customize etc. and you can use it on any official server

Multiple characters are just about the looks and name, character data will be the same. If you're in jail/wanted and switch characters you're still going to be in jail/wanted. You just look different or have a different name.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

Multiple characters are just about the looks and name, character data will be the same. If you're in jail/wanted and switch characters you're still going to be in jail/wanted. You just look different or have a different name.

If that's the case I can like that

4 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

That would make the most sense, it's just like altis life cause you can change your name and look but it's still the same character data

I think the bigger question here is, will you be allowed to have multiple characters per server?

Edited by ZombieShock

1 hour ago, ZombieShock said:

I think the bigger question here is, will you be allowed to have multiple characters per server?

Read my post above.

3 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

Read my post above.

Ah, I misinterpreted it. Thought you were talking about multiple characters in general, but looking at it now it makes more sense. And I think that kind of system would be perfect them, at least in the crime aspect of things.