Tymberlejk

PvP Rules / Passive mode

7 minutes ago, Tymberlejk said:

I maked a big mess in Ideas and Suggestions... I've got only one thing to say:

If everyone would do crime, there would be nothing to rob.

Think about it.

Well... based on what people here on the forum say not everyone will do crime;and by doing there will be risks.

In the forum I rode about lot of various businesses, of players that will join police and companies that prevent crime.

Also the passive mode is not a completely "wrong" idea, in fact there will be places where you can't get killed or kill (probably in some buildings),for roleplaying/afk reasons I think...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ElCondor said:

Well... based on what people here on the forum say not everyone will do crime;and by doing there will be risks.

In the forum I rode about lot of various businesses, of players that will join police and companies that prevent crime.

Also the passive mode is not a completely "wrong" idea, in fact there will be places where you can't get killed or kill (probably in some buildings),for roleplaying/afk reasons I think...

Thank you for sush a good opinion. Thank you. Did you undestanded "If everyoene would do crime, there would be nothing to rob"? ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tymberlejk said:

Thank you for sush a good opinion. Thank you. Did you undestanded "If everyoene would do crime, there would be nothing to rob"? ;)

you're geting robbed. give me your pants

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ElCondor said:

I am sure they stated somewhere that the safe zones dont make you invincible but more as like they protect you. so for instance, if I were to shoot you while your in the safe zone, my vulnerability points (something like that) would decrease a lot faster ithan yours which means I could die by you before i would kill you. This would allow you enough time to run from me or will make me run because you would be able to kill me before i kill you even though I shot you first.

Just to be sure @Vix can confirm this for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I am sure they stated somewhere that the safe zones dont make you invincible but more as like they protect you. so for instance, if I were to shoot you while your in the safe zone, my vulnerability points (something like that) would decrease a lot faster ithan yours which means I could die by you before i would kill you. This would allow you enough time to run from me or will make me run because you would be able to kill me before i kill you even though I shot you first.

Just to be sure @Vix can confirm this for me.

I believe they said that metal detectors would remove guns and weapons from players inventory. Idk where they would put these (spawn and the hospital maybe) but I think there needs to be a lot of balance testing with invincibility zones before we find a system that works.

• Like 1

Metal detectors have a little deceiving name- they're more like metal removers, meaning that upon entering a safe zone your weapons are unaccessible or just removed from your inventory for the time of your stay. Either way, you can't use them in safe zones.

Not sure how shooting from "danger zone" into a safe zone will work (as in you're in a danger zone and you shot someone who's on the edge of the safe zone), but we also don't really know how zones will look like (are they OW, buildings?).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uncannierlink said:

I believe they said that metal detectors would remove guns and weapons from players inventory. Idk where they would put these (spawn and the hospital maybe) but I think there needs to be a lot of balance testing with invincibility zones before we find a system that works.

yes I know that but i generally meant like say the guy out of the town square zone killing people inside the zone like vix said here.

41 minutes ago, Vix said:

Not sure how shooting from "danger zone" into a safe zone will work (as in you're in a danger zone and you shot someone who's on the edge of the safe zone), but we also don't really know how zones will look like (are they OW, buildings?).

On 1/13/2016 at 5:09 PM, Vix said:

No answer to that tbh, don't think there's a tweet about it. ^u^

In a situation where a player is running from a criminal chasing them, but has not yet been engaged in combat, as it is now, they still have access to their homes, or safe areas. It isn't easy for us to detect when someone is involved in a combat situation unless they are first injured by a bullet, or are perhaps within close proximity of a criminal player.  When bullets are fired within close proximity to you, your player has a heightened level of stress that will continue to increase unless you move away from the area. In environments like cities on official servers where stress factors into how vulnerable you are, that data can be used to determine if you are able to access a safe area. We can add to this system to prevent people from exploiting this mechanic (taunting a player and then running in and out of a safe zone repeatedly to avoid combat) as we gather feedback from future testing! There are a lot of simple little solutions that can be implemented in such cases.

3 hours ago, Vix said:

Metal detectors have a little deceiving name- they're more like metal removers, meaning that upon entering a safe zone your weapons are unaccessible or just removed from your inventory for the time of your stay. Either way, you can't use them in safe zones.

While I haven't discussed this with @Paratus yet, it is probable that we will not allow players to take damage from outside of the safe zone after they walk through the metal detector. Safe zones usually are placed within certain key buildings, some of which are even instanced. These safe areas act as social gathering locations where you can safely meet other players and chat, or places where we want players to be able to explore content undisturbed, like the movie theater, or a court room, for example!

• Like 2

Because no matter how many people keep saying this is RP game, there will be trolls with the main purpose of destroying the fun for someone else.
It's what put me off from GTA-Online, just minding my own business and then just get blown up or shot, resulting in me just never leaving passive mode.

I love the idea of the game and would like to play as an EMT or firefighter, but it would destroy the RP if I had to arm myself to the teeth as those, just to protect myself from said trolls who just want to kill people.

2 hours ago, EvolGrinZ said:

It's what put me off from GTA-Online, just minding my own business and then just get blown up or shot, resulting in me just never leaving passive mode.

same, I resorted to going in my own private lobby.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

same, I resorted to going in my own private lobby.

I quit once that CEO DLC hit, since you have to play in public to do that and you can't be on passive.