Revolver

Economy

So my question is how hard will the Economy be?

To compare with Altislife:

personally i love playing on harcore Altislife servers ware the economy is tough.

because the servers ware the economy is tough is the servers you find less RDM and other lack of roleplays on, and the players there always has a purpose to keep building themself up. Upgrading themself in diffrent matters and its very hard to get to endgame ware you have everything. However on this "Hardcore" servers the majority of the altislife players finds it booring, they just want to log in with some friends and have some fun over just a few hours.

But the servers ware the economy are easy on, it got the highest player population since it focus to the majority players. But on that type of servers the Lack of roleplay are overweelming on. Again not to judge its becouse some players just wants to join with some friends and make robberys and create mayham.

But lets asume there will be custom hardcore servers ware endgame takes month for a hardcore player to claim. If the servers allow cross realm the economy on that hard economy server will be destroyed aswell.O.o

My point of view as a hardcore player is that i love when its hard,The harder everything is the better, If it takes takes days to just get your first weak defend weapon and prison times is hours and not minutes, the majority of the players here will not share my vison

But i hope there will be servers hosts who share my vision on this.and somone out there will find a way to build up a server like that ++++++ credit to you then.xD

What kind of economy would you like to see in the game? :D

sorry for bad grammar and spelling mistakes.

Edited by Revolver

while i can see the advantages of a harsh economy it can be frushtrating for new players to get started. maybe make relly high end goals, so even if its not to hard to mak money to start with, it would still take a long time, and people could comfterly progress in the meantime.

• Like 1

But if a new players can easily afford to get guns it will be mayhem than actual roleplay.
Its been said that we will be able to make own servers and customize them

, I just hope every server can adjust thier own settings of the economy as they please.

I think this will best be solved when private Identity servers start rolling out. Private server owners are going to have a lot of control and some will most likely share the idea that the economy should have a bit of a challenge to it (I know I agree on that). Others will want to feed that 1-2 hour crave that some players have when they have limited play time or don't want to be online for long amounts of time.

I just hope they make the numbers/pricing realistic, if you've ever played any MMO then you know what I mean... "Selling shirt for $27 million!" "Buy apples $200 for 1!"

1 hour ago, Xentinel said:

I just hope they make the numbers/pricing realistic, if you've ever played any MMO then you know what I mean... "Selling shirt for $27 million!" "Buy apples $200 for 1!"

Lol yeah. xD The feeling when you sell gems for 1 copper and buy an ordinary iron sword for 10 silver lol.

• Like 1

I do really hope that it is like real life I know most RP games in Arma have ti so apples are 200$ a pop and some shirts are 15k to buy HOWEVER I do hope that they dont make it cost a lot to rent a home from the world it self because where I am it is about 1k a month to rent an apartment/house, but the biggest question is how much money are you going to start out with?  Because you should start with 500-1k to be able to but cloths a bike (going with real prices should cost 200$) and get a job.

52 minutes ago, JohnMacklin said:

I do really hope that it is like real life I know most RP games in Arma have ti so apples are 200$ a pop and some shirts are 15k to buy HOWEVER I do hope that they dont make it cost a lot to rent a home from the world it self because where I am it is about 1k a month to rent an apartment/house, but the biggest question is how much money are you going to start out with?  Because you should start with 500-1k to be able to but cloths a bike (going with real prices should cost 200$) and get a job.

Not sure if you'll start off with any money. You can get 1000-4000 on start if you become a founder.

If you do start with money, it'll be less than a 1000. Maybe like 500 or something, which basically means you came to Identity with the clothes on your back and money from selling off everything you own. This would help with keeping prices realistic though. Considering that no one would be rich as hell and things would be sold at prices people could buy on a tiny budget.

I think people should be able to live comfortably with enough money but being rich should be a rare thing, unlike GTA

• Like 1

Hopefully we start our with some money to buy food until we get a job. Unless there's going to be free food somehow. Maybe the hotel will have free food.

3 hours ago, facade said:

Hopefully we start our with some money to buy food until we get a job. Unless there's going to be free food somehow. Maybe the hotel will have free food.

If like to think that you get 3 in game days to rack up enough money or contacts to be able to gain either a room mate or your own house- but until then, that you have 3 in game meals as you only need to eat once a day- but I'm gonna pull a gtaSA and hit the burgershot, and end up spilling ketchup all over the drivers back seats.

And then I'm gonna walk around quoting other games but talking to other people.

Aye, yo, waddup fanklin!

43 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

If like to think that you get 3 in game days to rack up enough money or contacts to be able to gain either a room mate or your own house- but until then, that you have 3 in game meals as you only need to eat once a day- but I'm gonna pull a gtaSA and hit the burgershot, and end up spilling ketchup all over the drivers back seats.

And then I'm gonna walk around quoting other games but talking to other people.

Aye, yo, waddup fanklin!

On average, the most (I stand to be corrected) you can make is up to ≡1,000 (≡ is the symbol I've associated with Zwet currency) a day, working hard at your job. How a day in real life translates to time in Identity is another story. It'd take quite a while to be able to save and afford a house of your own. For meals, if you aren't employed, then you have to find alternative means to feed yourself and survive; dumpster diving, begging, busking to make ends meat, or eating someones left overs at a restaurant. And three meals a day should be compulsory, or to eat enough to last you an in-game day - however you'll need refueling if you're doing combat, robberies and strenuous tasks that require more energy.

I couldn't understand the rest of your post... "~ but I'm gonna" etc.

Edited by Sicario
  • Like 1

I should think that players will start out with some money or else the economy will be unable to get started. I feel that the economy will start out with simple and common products such as clothes selling for low prices, and items such as weapons being very expensive, however as time progresses and players gather resources, it is likely that the prices for custom designed clothing will rise as more varieties are made, and that the price for guns and other weapons will decline as more are brought into the world.

44 minutes ago, Arlmar said:

I should think that players will start out with some money or else the economy will be unable to get started. I feel that the economy will start out with simple and common products such as clothes selling for low prices, and items such as weapons being very expensive, however as time progresses and players gather resources, it is likely that the prices for custom designed clothing will rise as more varieties are made, and that the price for guns and other weapons will decline as more are brought into the world.

Players will start out with what they want too - if it isn't a pre-pledged amount, then it's zero. This is a life sim after all and nothing is free, unless it's stolen. Clothing and common products will be set at a price where it's affordable and makes the business owner a profit, otherwise it's pointless.  Items of clothing, furniture and other items may be in demand in other areas of the map, so for example: if you bought an executive lounge suite for 600 ɀwet - someone in another town (apart from the city) may be willing to buy it for ≡800 ɀwet, making you an easy profit of ≡200 ɀwet - you've just got to get it and yourself there and make a quick sale.  Supply and demand :) Weapons won't be easy to acquire unless dealing with illegal weapons dealers and underground/black market players. For clothing - I believe this is a great business to get into, because as popular a brand gets the more demand there will be to create more that people want.

I hope the economy will remain close to IRL value but after seeing so many in-game currency's go to shit it will be interesting to see

12 hours ago, jcdock said:

I hope the economy will remain close to IRL value but after seeing so many in-game currency's go to shit it will be interesting to see

Motown has posted a tweet about economy values and in it said they'll be relatively close to real life pricing.

1 minute ago, Sicario said:

Motown has posted a tweet about economy values and in it said they'll be relatively close to real life pricing.

I did see that tweet. It gives me hope that it will stay like that for a good while but there's a reasonable chance that it will end up like other in-game currency's