AxcelMorris

Detective Gameplay

So, there's not much info about this but I would LOVE to see a whole  DNA system and all that crap for the detectives, being able to find criminals by following evidence and leads that you might find at the crime scene is  something I would've loved in an MMO.  Makes such great roleplay and gameplay! 

Do you think the developers would be able to do something like that?   Blood analysis, DNA samples, etc etc.   Blood splatter ( Think Dexter where he works out from where the victim was shot from,  range, power and such.)   

I mean, it is a pretty huge feature but I'd love that!  

I'm definitely all for it, but it could be somewhat hard to set it up to be just right. If you would like, I could add this to the FAQ list I am creating. :)

Yes! Finger prints too! I would love this idea! So then no one could steal my toilet paper, ever again!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Notering said:

Yes! Finger prints too! I would love this idea! So then no one could steal my toilet paper, ever again!

Yes but I hope it isn't like you put them in a computer and it matches them because although seen a lot in TV shows isn't actually how it's done in real life because in real life it's done by comparing two sets with your eyes and no computers at all

1 minute ago, Frenchy said:

Yes but I hope it isn't like you put them in a computer and it matches them because although seen a lot in TV shows isn't actually how it's done in real life because in real life it's done by comparing two sets with your eyes and no computers at all

Ofc there's no computers involved. But I would love to see fingerprints in place, either way.

1 minute ago, Notering said:

Ofc there's no computers involved. But I would love to see fingerprints in place, either way.

Yeah it would be cool having a whole DNA and finger print system and I would love to RP as a noir-esque detective

1 minute ago, Frenchy said:

Yeah it would be cool having a whole DNA and finger print system and I would love to RP as a noir-esque detective

Imagine RPing as a Russian spy and being asked questions and your house searched. That would be awesome.

It would be cool to see police find a sniper shell on a rooftop, take it to the lab, and find out that when he loaded the weapon, we wasn't using gloves, so they got a print. 

this all sounds awesome. the popo can run your prints through a record and see where you live, give you a knock on the door and tell you your finger prints where found at the crime scene. build a case against you, and then arrest you

LOOK GREAT IDEA. BUT YOUR SAYING THAT EVERYTIME SOMEONE DIES WILL NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED?? DO YOU KNOW HOW DETECTIVES WILL BE REALLY BUSY ALL THE TIME ITS KINDA HARD BUT ITS PRETTY IDEA NEEDS A GOOD IDEA TO SOLVE IT FRENQUITLY 

Well, to be honest,  that's what realism is all about!  And I think the cops themselves should pick which cases that would need a detective or not. 
There are some cases that will probably be very easy to solve, and then there's some  who might involve big time criminals (Think SayeedBlack in Arma) which might require more effort. 

Also, yes please. I'd like the question to be featured on the FAQ! 

It would be cool to see caution tape around the crime scene, and the Investigator/Detective can identify footprints, shoe size or material used in clothing found at the sight, but the criminals would be able to clean up the scene before investigators could get to it if they were organized well enough.

Edited by Xentinel

Perhaps even make it possible to frame someone by stealing their prints, although this may be a bit overpowered

I think it's a fantastic idea but it needs to be limited. At most I think crime tape is a fantastic idea to RP a crime scene. As for shells on the floor, think about the lag. Detectives might not get around to that area for hours, and there's just gonna be shells strewn all across the map. You might want a little button for example which might say

"Examine area" - Exclusive to law enforcement only of course.

From there it could be like a little text adventure mini game

> Examine Area
There are some foot prints here. There are two bullet casings off to the side.
> Examine foot prints
> The foot prints appear to be male.
> Examine bullet casing
> It is a 9mm shell.
> Take bullet casing.
> Bullet casing taken.

Alternatively if you're a criminal, it might be possible for you to throw some dirt on your tracks and pick up the casings with you when you go.

Now of course this won't be the case with literally EVERY shooting or mystery that takes place. Maybe there could be a little RP system in place where a criminal could send an OOC invite to a law enforcement agency to start the investigation. The criminal would have to commit a crime, and the police would have a pre-determined amount of time to solve the mystery and find the culprit. If the police are successful, the criminal goes to prison. If the police AREN'T successful, the criminal would gain some xp, money, etc. 

And to prevent any MGing, when the criminal sends the invite the source would be "anonymous". 

*whew* I wrote that in class.. Okay bai!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

I think it's a fantastic idea but it needs to be limited. At most I think crime tape is a fantastic idea to RP a crime scene. As for shells on the floor, think about the lag. Detectives might not get around to that area for hours, and there's just gonna be shells strewn all across the map. You might want a little button for example which might say

"Examine area" - Exclusive to law enforcement only of course.

From there it could be like a little text adventure mini game

> Examine Area
There are some foot prints here. There are two bullet casings off to the side.
> Examine foot prints
> The foot prints appear to be male.
> Examine bullet casing
> It is a 9mm shell.
> Take bullet casing.
> Bullet casing taken.

Alternatively if you're a criminal, it might be possible for you to throw some dirt on your tracks and pick up the casings with you when you go.

Now of course this won't be the case with literally EVERY shooting or mystery that takes place. Maybe there could be a little RP system in place where a criminal could send an OOC invite to a law enforcement agency to start the investigation. The criminal would have to commit a crime, and the police would have a pre-determined amount of time to solve the mystery and find the culprit. If the police are successful, the criminal goes to prison. If the police AREN'T successful, the criminal would gain some xp, money, etc. 

And to prevent any MGing, when the criminal sends the invite the source would be "anonymous". 

*whew* I wrote that in class.. Okay bai!

It seems you devised a good way for a balanced system, nice job I like your idea

• Like 1

The way you've described it is similar to how it works in Identity now. Not exactly the same but close enough that I think you'll like what you see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FlyingDuck said:

@Paratus Does this mean I need to wear skin gloves and supply gloves to my members? Awrh. I hate expenses.

Yep, wearing gloves will help prevent the discovery of fingerprints.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paratus said:

Yep, wearing gloves will help prevent the discovery of fingerprints.

No way! :P I actually need to get gloves now! Damnit there goes my allowance down. Oh well. Wait is there gonna be city cameras to watch over the city etc? o-o If so I can't even have a number plate on my car! And I can't walk freely! Or well I can, but I mean carrying stuff might be a little hard..

What would be a cool feature to add on detective carrer to is: When you create a character you would get a random DNA, a single one that nobody else has it, so if we found some blood of the criminal we could examin it to get the DNA, and then use a computer to search on the community of that server where we would type the criminal DNA and see if we can get a match of that DNA.

But the servers needs something to store all the different DNA of the people that create a character on that server. If the Blood we found was only from the criminal well it would be easy to know who did it, and then we could mark the criminal has a thread, but if the blood we found was from the victim and the criminal, in that situation it would just give no DNA found. It would be a cool feature but maybe a bit easy to track the guys who did it.

I think the idea i gave it's cool but maybe hard to do it. The DNA could be Numbers.

Edited by EVOasalto
Added DNA could be Numbers.

Sounds cool, but would be way too much work to add fingerprints to everything, would also be too easy to track criminals imo.

15 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

Sounds cool, but would be way too much work to add fingerprints to everything, would also be too easy to track criminals imo.

Guess you better wear gloves then. ;) 

There are always ways to counter certain things, they are the developers so they're probably used to problem solving and such!