jovankata

Paramedics Uniform

Hey guys, what u think what uniform should be of paramedics, link photo or ur thoughts and i will put mine aswell :)

Paramedics.jpg

I don't know where you guys are getting your paramedic ideas xD Those all look like Lifeflight or European outfitted paramedics.

This is what a typical paramedic looks like. 

I love the dark blue polo with tac pants shown in the left picture.

However where I live, city paramedics are mandated to wear bullet-resistant vests for protection like in the picture on the right.

Some people might say that if you haven't been feeling well and call for an ambulance and you get 2 men in body armor that show up at your door is a little overkill. However take that same unit and now they have to respond to a domestic violence or active shooter/crime call with police because someone decided to shoot someone else and they need help. You don't pick and choose your calls and you don't have the luxury of dicking around deciding whether or not a vest is good to put on or not for that run.

Image result for EMS ParamedicImage result for EMS Paramedic

• Like 4

Whoops, I didn't get the body armor picture to show. Here is another I found on the internet with EMS in vests

Image result for EMS body armor

• Like 1

By far my favorite uniform is light blue top with tactical uniform pants, as for the earlier posts they are European uniforms which is normal for them, but in the united states this is your most common uniform.

2.jpg

On 12/12/2016 at 7:47 AM, Kesen said:

I don't know where you guys are getting your paramedic ideas xD Those all look like Lifeflight or European outfitted paramedics.

However where I live, city paramedics are mandated to wear bullet-resistant vests for protection like in the picture on the right.

Some people might say that if you haven't been feeling well and call for an ambulance and you get 2 men in body armor that show up at your door is a little overkill. However take that same unit and now they have to respond to a domestic violence or active shooter/crime call with police because someone decided to shoot someone else and they need help. You don't pick and choose your calls and you don't have the luxury of dicking around deciding whether or not a vest is good to put on or not for that run.

They look to similar to the police and they could be easily mistaken as them if seen from far away which could frighten people and make them run. The devs also want a clear line between cops, civilians and EMT so I don't hunk they would want them to look similar.

If this is supposed to be based off of the United States, and revolve around the USD, so I don't see them implementing uniforms from other countries purely for the sake of looking different. Even though the uniforms of PD/FD/EMS look very similar, they're usually easily distinguishable, so I don't see this as being a problem. I am also not a huge fan of the jumpsuit look, too much to get in the way - tac pants and a polo shirt are plenty, plus the vehicles and equipment will look far different. 

Edited by Kaitlyn
  • Like 2

I feel like paramedics should get some sort of immunity from gunfire, or at least a health buff so that we don't end up with a load of dead paramedics.

On 1/28/2017 at 7:31 AM, mitch8128 said:

i'm torn between these two!

Borat-mankini_1007719a.jpg

images.jpg

PLEASE! I was drinking water when I was reading that. Almost ruined my tv.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 1:47 AM, Kesen said:

Honestly, I would like to see a different color for paramedics than the black and blue. Reminds me of the police. I would like to see a different color to differentiate between the two careers.

Edited by Mentality

On 1/28/2017 at 3:17 AM, TheoGT said:

They look to similar to the police and they could be easily mistaken as them if seen from far away which could frighten people and make them run. The devs also want a clear line between cops, civilians and EMT so I don't hunk they would want them to look similar.

It is modeled after America, so if its not American public safety uniforms, vehicles, and equipment i will be very disappointed. And Americans, correct me if i'm wrong, but we can so very easily tell the difference between Law Enforcement and EMS very quickly without even thinking about it.

Edited by RunninCode

Being as it appears that this area is modeled after the Georgia coastline around the Tybee Island and Savannah area. here are some ambulances and uniforms of that area.

DSC_8245.jpg

6a0154361151e1970c01bb0845eda6970d-800wi.jpg

777330291.jpg

7618970522_26ab4f7f81_b.jpg

download.jpg

Kind of think the paramedic uniforms should be like your station Tshirts you wear or dress blues but if you do like any kind of helicopter rescues and stuff maybe an SOP within the Fire Department/ Hospital Service that the paramedics are to be in reflective style clothing when operating a helicopter or at a car accident scene.

On 08/12/2016 at 1:40 AM, Craos5 said:

Related imageImage result for uk paramedic uniform

(But boots instead of shoes)

Personally like this one the most, but there can always be little tweaks made to the uniform. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 8:29 AM, DaHzxrd said:

Personally like this one the most, but there can always be little tweaks made to the uniform. 

Opinions clash hard.  I prefer the dress blues on button up shirts and pants