Sign in to follow this  
naske

Computer can't be booted

My computer(Win 10 ) was locked , so i make a bootable disk for it , But strangely, my computer didn't boot successfully ,does anyone have any relevant experience? I don't know what to do next ?

Edited by naske

I had this fault when I tried to go to windows 10 I ended up going back to 8 because it worked

Try unlocking it from safe mode ? If that is still possible ( i know it was in xp/vista/7 ) 

10 hours ago, Des8559 said:

I had this fault when I tried to go to windows 10 I ended up going back to 8 because it worked

Windows 10 has many bugs ,Windows 7/8 will indeed be more stable than Windows 10

10 hours ago, zikica97 said:

Try unlocking it from safe mode ? If that is still possible ( i know it was in xp/vista/7 ) 

How to do ? It doesn't seem to support Windows 10 .

Before I created a bootable disk, my computer displayed a "The user name or password is incorrect" when I logged in it with password .

After boot the computer, I tried to log in to the computer, but it still needed my login password, and it gave me the same prompt :The user name or password is incorrect

On 2018/7/20 at 2:52 PM, naske said:

Before I created a bootable disk, my computer displayed a "The user name or password is incorrect" when I logged in it with password .

After boot the computer, I tried to log in to the computer, but it still needed my login password, and it gave me the same prompt :The user name or password is incorrect

Maybe the bootable disk didn't help you restart your computer at all, you'd better try to create one with other ways, just do it :  https://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-make-bootable-usb-drive.html

Edited by Needcare

To me it sounds someone put in a password. So either you did and you forgot it. Or someone else got access to your computer and they put in a password. This isn't a windows 10 issue.  Since the same thing can happen on basically any os.   How can you make a bootable disk if the os is locked?  Did you copy from someone else? Do note it could very well be didn't copy correctly or the copy you made is corrupted. (Again something that isn't a windows 10 exclusive issue.)

Maybe you also need to try again. What also could be a issue is related to your hard drive that you are using and it is failing.(Something again not a windows 10 exclusive issue.)

Could also be a cpu issue which is making it so you cant fully reinstall the windows 10 os(Again something that isn't a windows 10 exclusive issue.)

Edited by Xzothi
  • Like 1

On 2018/7/23 at 4:49 PM, Needcare said:

Maybe the bootable disk didn't help you restart your computer at all, you'd better try to create one with other ways.

Maybe the Rufus is not as useful as i thought .

10 hours ago, Xzothi said:

To me it sounds someone put in a password. So either you did and you forgot it. Or someone else got access to your computer and they put in a password. This isn't a windows 10 issue.  Since the same thing can happen on basically any os.   How can you make a bootable disk if the os is locked?  Did you copy from someone else? Do note it could very well be didn't copy correctly or the copy you made is corrupted. (Again something that isn't a windows 10 exclusive issue.)

Maybe you also need to try again. What also could be a issue is related to your hard drive that you are using and it is failing.(Something again not a windows 10 exclusive issue.)

Could also be a cpu issue which is making it so you cant fully reinstall the windows 10 os(Again something that isn't a windows 10 exclusive issue.)

Thank you for reminding me ,When I was on vacation, i haven't used my computer for 10 days , that's what happened when I got back ,I asked my parents and they had no access to my computer ,but I've tried other passwords, and the computer doesn't accept them.

Some of these comments are hilarious, only one of you had a somewhat accurate answer.

First of all, the issue you're getting has nothing to do with windows 10. The problem is literally spelled out in the error, you're putting in the wrong password (or mispelling it) or you've entered the wrong username. Now there are a great many ways to fix this, none of them are casual user friendly (and by that, I mean someone who doesn't have a solid understanding of software and how PC's work). If you sincerely cannot login, or recall your login, the easiest thing would be to completely re-install the OS. It may seem like a hassle, but it works every time guarantee.

Side Note:

Seriously, I have no idea where some of these comments are getting their info from xD

• Like 1

You can clearly see from my prior comment that I don’t know anything about computers, but I can say that Windows 10 is 100% better than 7 or 8. Since your problem was found to have no correlation to you having upgraded to Windows 10, I’d suggest you stick with it. 

Use this tool;
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Make sure your USB key is formatted into a FAT32 drive, and is completely blank (it does it as part of the process, but best to do it yourself first).
This will create USB bootable media that is recognised by UEFI/BIOS.
Make sure you select the boot override option when starting up your PC with the drive inserted... and reinstall windows.

Always do a custom installation and wipe everything from the PC. If you're wanting to retain documents, make sure your documents are always backed up into places like OneDrive / GoogleDrive etc...

Windows 10 isn't ideal for compatibility at the moment because they're still releasing features for it... however, it's by far the best for user experience out of all the recent Windows systems. I still use Windows 7 at work, and it's really not that great (despite things generally being more compatible out of the box).

Sometimes I think Microsoft changed the password, but we don't have proof ,that's one of its shortcomings .this guide can guide you in how to create a useful boot disk and crack Win 10 password .

Edited by looerasy

If you made a password reset disk with USB,what should you do:

Plug in the USB drive and boot to BIOS Setting on the computer (The locked computer). if the everything go well,the BIOS will recognizes the USB device.Reboot it, and this time see if you can select the USB device as a boot device.
The computer can be booted with it.

If it still doesn't work for you,try it:https://www.uubyte.com/ to get a new Windows bootable disk.

Edited by Imaccom

you've forgotten your windows login username and password?
your files will be lost for all of eternity
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
connect your windows 10 installation usb/cd
get into the bios
change the boot order to load from the installation usb/cs
save and restart.
after that you should be able to install windows.

Edited by Shimozukachi
ytitnedi