157C

Questions About Promotions?

I have a question about how jobs/careers would work. I do know there is a promotions idea running around, if not a feature already started on, but how will the promotions system work? Will it branch out and get better and better like in The SimsTM and branch out eventually, life going into either a chef career or a business career when it comes to culinary? I honestly think that would be really cool. I'm also wondering if a promotion will be assigned by a "boss" figure or will it be given to you by the server if you're doing your job right (obviously this one would be a little harder). Thanks!

Since its a player only world and AI is meant to be eliminated completely, I feel that when the game starts up, everyone will figure how to get what they need to start their own business, then they will hire other workers to do what we kinda already do, run a work line until end shift. Personally, if I owned a shop and had workers, is promote whom ever gets me the most benefit to my company production- who's online and in my shop a lot? That kind of thing. Then - if I've seen Jamal working all week, and Cindy hasn't been on in a day for whatever reason(probably be fired for no information) guess who is gonna get the promotion, Jamal, cause he makes me money. And he's making money to by packaging my cigarettes

I'm really curios if this game will provide that lifelike grinding to the work force, go grab E, put it on C, mix them to get a Z, and then we've a double G. Packaged and beautiful and ready to be sold. 

That's exactly what I was thinking, and I didn't recognize the fact that the world would be completely rid of AI, which makes me even happier, and I entirely agree with what you said, cheers!

EDIT: I also am wondering the same thing, sort of like making a burger, gotta put the patty on first, then mustard, and such, and eating it/preparing it differently might have different effects, although that's just an idea I had in my head, I think it'd be pretty cool.

Edited by 157C
Responded to Nutterbutter's 2nd Post

It would make the work grind a little more entertaining and more acceptable to do that. 

Games out for a month, you join finally, you talk to people, get a job, do that job, make money, do different objectives. Like I'm not expecting at the least to be able to change creations slightly but --like grab two buns, burger, ketchup, mayo, lettus, and it spawns in your inventory as a already built or in the process of building burger even.

Just tap buns a lot, then burgers, then act... Until you've got 7 burgers- throw them into the bag and take the bag out to the window.

Since food shouldn't decay in a game, I figure the food industry will excell magnificently.

3 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

It would make the work grind a little more entertaining and more acceptable to do that. 

Games out for a month, you join finally, you talk to people, get a job, do that job, make money, do different objectives. Like I'm not expecting at the least to be able to change creations slightly but --like grab two buns, burger, ketchup, mayo, lettus, and it spawns in your inventory as a already built or in the process of building burger even.

Just tap buns a lot, then burgers, then act... Until you've got 7 burgers- throw them into the bag and take the bag out to the window.

Since food shouldn't decay in a game, I figure the food industry will excell magnificently.

Yeah I went a little far with the placing in the ingredients in a different order, but I do like the idea that you have to grab all the ingredients, and would have to cook the patty (I imagine it to be like Papa's Burgeria but that might be too much micro-managing). You would then have to put all the final ingredients (including the cooked patty) and place them on a preparation table and make the burger, not like a drag and drop thing, but something along the lines of you would press to start the preparation, click on the ingredient in your inventory, and it'll auto-assemble the burger.

I also would like to think food decaying would be a nice immersive thing, not to the extreme where if you buy a frozen ingredient or food it'll melt if not put in a refrigerator, but something along the lines of it'll decay if it's not eaten or placed in a refrigerator. I'd rather have the refrigerator actually do something rather than just either be cosmetic or a regular storage space.

Yeah, I want this game to be the best but at the same time I don't want to make hell on earth for the developers.

If I could help them I so would because this I'd the type of game I've been searching my life for. A strictly mmo where the people run the game and actually have a impact on the reality of the Games server

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

Yeah, I want this game to be the best but at the same time I don't want to make hell on earth for the developers.

If I could help them I so would because this I'd the type of game I've been searching my life for. A strictly mmo where the people run the game and actually have a impact on the reality of the Games server

Agreed, we need the basics first before any details right away, although all this stuff (in my opinion) would be incredible, they need to focus on the big stuff first, and I hope that maybe one day they can get around to this.

Edited by 157C

8 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

promotions are automated. just wait

Actually no, promotions are most likely not going to be automated. As Nutterbutter stated above, Identity won't have any form of AI in the game, so his theory is the most probable, I highly doubt it's automated.

Edited by 157C

1 hour ago, 157C said:

Actually no, promotions are most likely not going to be automated. As Nutterbutter stated above, Identity won't have any form of AI in the game, so his theory is the most probable, I highly doubt it's automated.

WRONG, it will be automated, as the DEV team said in an interview, you won't have to wait around for months for someone to promote you, it will be automated based on things you have to do. I.E. if you are a cop, arrest 20 guys, give 100 tickets, be promoted, or whatever. If you're a trucker, deliver 100 shipments, move up, or etc.