DiddlyDoo54

Task Tracker Not Updated?

5 hours ago, Gometzler said:

And what is your goal here? Dev’s will update however they like you can not change that. The only thing you have to accept is that you have no control over how they work and deliver us Square Town.

What your saying is true but if they’re going to promise something (regardless of their hours) they should get it done, I doubt it takes much work to update the tracke, but I don’t expect them to work 24/7.

6 hours ago, TPlays said:

You need to be more understanding. Thats all!

I think we understand well enough, they promised us something and they didn’t deliver. We don’t expect them to work 24/7 but we do expect something as simple as a task tracker to be updated. It doesnt take much time or effort to simply update a tracker. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

6 minutes ago, DiddlyDoo54 said:

What your saying is true but if they’re going to promise something (regardless of their hours) they should get it done, I doubt it takes much work to update the tracke, but I don’t expect them to work 24/7.

You are also right but you also know now that they do not work 24/7. The tracker is not yet automated and constantly demanding is not helping. They have their hands already full getting all together for release it will be done soon and then we can all be happy :) 

Edited by Gometzler

5 minutes ago, Gometzler said:

You are also right but you also know now that they do not work 24/7. The tracker is not yet automated and constantly demanding is not helping. They have their hands already full getting all together for release it will be done soon and then we can all be happy :) 

Ok but if their hands are full they shouldn’t constantly promise us things. Besides, its a simple tracker that doesnt require too much of a workload.

2 minutes ago, DiddlyDoo54 said:

Ok but if their hands are full they shouldn’t constantly promise us things. Besides, its a simple tracker that doesnt require too much of a workload.

You are absolutely right. But they are updating it every day just not on weekends.   

1 minute ago, Gometzler said:

You are absolutely right. But they are updating it every day just not on weekends.   

Don't think you get what every day means than .

• ver.1.22474487139 1

1 minute ago, Gometzler said:

Yeah I understand that now but they did say “each and everyday” which got many people to take it literally, which I think was reasonable. Guess they just need to bec careful what they say.

There doesnt seem to be any pleasing some people.

First they moan about the delays, so they apply a tracker so people can see whats going on, then they moan about the tracker not being updated.

Im sure some people are just not happy unless they are constantly moaning about something. 

• Like 1

Just now, DiddlyDoo54 said:

Yeah I understand that now but they did say “each and everyday” which got many people to take it literally, which I think was reasonable. Guess they just need to bec careful what they say.

Saying stuff and interpreting it is always difficult some understand it differently. Some do understand more some less, some are more tolerant some are not. Me for example I backed this because I want them so succeed whatever it takes even if they break promises or don't hit a deadline. I understand that stuff happens and I only want them to succeed nothing else. If they don't that is bad luck and it happens I will never ask for a refund or anything from them because I support them all the way and that is why I am here. I want them to make their dream come true so we can share it all together ;)  

3 minutes ago, Worldraider said:

First they moan about the delays, so they apply a tracker so people can see whats going on, then they moan about the tracker not being updated.

Im sure some people are just not happy unless they are constantly moaning about something. 

Because theres money involved. I dont know about you but I’m not happy about throwing money away. Do delays make you happy? Do you eagerly wait for delays? We have the right to upset.

1 minute ago, DiddlyDoo54 said:

Because theres money involved. I dont know about you but I’m not happy about throwing money away. Do delays make you happy? Do you eagerly wait for delays? We have the right to upset.

You backed / invested a project you did not buy anything. I backed many games over this years. Many of them never got made for example The Mandate also lost 500 bucks there, and many more it does not matter. Thing is you are a investor nothing else and you might lose money. Look at my signature. 

• Like 2

Yes there is money involved and yes I know it has been a long time but have you ever thought that perhaps the devs are new at this too. Its reasonable to assume that their deadline dates wouldnt be accurate if its their first bash at releasing a game.

My personal opinion is if you pledge money for a company to develop a game then you should be prepared for this type of thing, especially delays. If you dont like it then perhaps you should have waited for the game to be fully finished and then purchased it. If you see your pledge as 'throwing money away' then maybe you shouldnt have pledged.

What did you want? Did you want them to release it now? Ok they release it now then what? The very same people will be moaning about how buggy it is and how this dont work. People constantly moaning about it wont change the timeframe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Worldraider said:

Yes there is money involved and yes I know it has been a long time but have you ever thought that perhaps the devs are new at this too. Its reasonable to assume that their deadline dates wouldnt be accurate if its their first bash at releasing a game.

My personal opinion is if you pledge money for a company to develop a game then you should be prepared for this type of thing, especially delays. If you dont like it then perhaps you should have waited for the game to be fully finished and then purchased it. If you see your pledge as 'throwing money away' then maybe you shouldnt have pledged.

What did you want? Did you want them to release it now? Ok they release it now then what? The very same people will be moaning about how buggy it is and how this dont work. People constantly moaning about it wont change the timeframe.

Dont make promises you cant deliver thats all Im saying

3 hours ago, Gometzler said:

You backed / invested a project you did not buy anything. I backed many games over this years. Many of them never got made for example The Mandate also lost 500 bucks there, and many more it does not matter. Thing is you are a investor nothing else and you might lose money. Look at my signature. 

Ok but what you do with your money is your problem. And if you dont care thats fine but the majority of us do. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

23 minutes ago, Worldraider said:

Why would I be happy with a tracker? It's a smart move on them. Give us an "inside look" without making any more news promises they can't keep. Why give a new eta when they can put something flashy infront of everyone and pretty much let us assume the release date.

2 minutes ago, DiddlyDoo54 said:

Dont make promises you cant deliver thats all Im saying

Even the big named developers have huge delays, you only have to google it to see how common it is. Do you complain to those companies too?

Like I said, what would you have been saying right now if they released the game on time but it was unplayable because of bugs? I bet you wouldnt be too happy.

It just seems to me people just want everything now.

Just now, Worldraider said:

Even the big named developers have huge delays, you only have to google it to see how common it is. Do you complain to those companies too?

Like I said, what would you have been saying right now if they released the game on time but it was unplayable because of bugs? I bet you wouldnt be too happy.

It just seems to me people just want everything now.

I dont care whether the company is big or small I will still complain. And if they released it right now, at least we would see some work being done.

3 minutes ago, DiddlyDoo54 said:

Ok but what you do with your money is your problem. And if you dont care thats fine but the majority of us do. 

You are right as should you. Also I do care a lot about my money but I am aware that when I invest in to a project or stocks I also might lose. Most of the time I win and that is why I am not poor and can purchase, Invest into whatever I like to. You need to understand that this project could easily go down the drain and all of us lose everything. That's why I only pledge into projects if I can afford it and does nut hurt me if I lose. 

• Like 2

Just now, DiddlyDoo54 said:

I dont care whether the company is big or small I will still complain. And if they released it right now, at least we would see some work being done.

Im sure you will complain, but Im guessing you complain about a lot.

If you pledge money then you must be prepared to lose it in the eventuality of it not working out. Its a gamble, so never afford to gamble more than you can afford to lose. In this case I think the devs are going to finish it. Its just taking a bit longer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DiddlyDoo54 said:

I think we understand well enough, they promised us something and they didn’t deliver. We don’t expect them to work 24/7 but we do expect something as simple as a task tracker to be updated. It doesnt take much time or effort to simply update a tracker. 

Um no.... They don't work over the weekend so what progress would be made if no one was in the office???

8 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

im in the oil and gas industry, i work on my days off most times and we work 12 hours a day. 24/7 we don't rest we get the job done. if the devs wanted to be specific with when this would be updated, they should have been. with the constant delays, the always in the dark, never meeting targets or goals, people will start holding them accountable to everything they say including the wording of how they say it. i get they may not work weekends , however the tracker is on the website and i can only assume they can hit update anywhere in the world, even if there was no significant change.

There would be no change at all because they wouldn't be in the office over the weekend.

16 minutes ago, TPlays said:

There would be no change at all because they wouldn't be in the office over the weekend.

explain the updates they made when this first came out during the weekend then.... i mean what changed?

3 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

explain the updates they made when this first came out during the weekend then.... i mean what changed?

That was the weekend before Town Square should have been released and they were all on deck making the tracker to satisfy  all of us and eas our minds. But they are no machines and also need to have a day off or two that is why tracker did not get updated this weekend.

A nice quote some people should read:

'Patience is not simply the ability to wait, its how we behave while we are waiting.'

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Worldraider said:

Im sure you will complain, but Im guessing you complain about a lot.

If you pledge money then you must be prepared to lose it in the eventuality of it not working out. Its a gamble, so never afford to gamble more than you can afford to lose. In this case I think the devs are going to finish it. Its just taking a bit longer.

It doesnt matter what I complain about the facts are right there. No need to start trading insults.

3 hours ago, TPlays said:

Um no.... They don't work over the weekend so what progress would be made if no one was in the office???

Um.... they said each and everyday

Still going on about this... not sure what you want to achieve here? @LuckyDuck already said they had the weekend off. This topic is also going nowhere and does not help in any kind. You will not get anything out off it.

Edited by Gometzler