NanoSpace

Delay thoughts?

Delay thoughts?  

127 members have voted

  1. 1. Will the devs meet the new deadline?

    • Yes, I have faith in them
      31
    • Maybe? 50/50 chance
      57
    • No, they will delay again
      39
  2. 2. Position towards the game if they delay?

    • Not changing. All games take time
      46
    • More likely to refund sooner rather then later
      14
    • If April is delayed I'll refund
      35
    • Time to take a break from the community and come back later
      32
  3. 3. How should the devs fix these problems?

    • Give more PR towards TS
      24
    • Hire more people
      46
    • Other (Put in comments)
      12
    • Focus on TS Development
      45


Recommended Posts

Before anyone calls me a hater, I'm just using this to one, see the general consensus of the community on this issue, and two, to try and provide the devs some data so if possible we can show then what needs to change.

Edited by NanoSpace
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    1. Will the devs meet the new deadline?

       Maybe? 50/50 chance 

    2. Position towards the game if they delay?

  • Not changing. All games take time
  •  

        3. How should the devs fix these problems?

    • Focus on TS Development
     
    Other: Quit making 100% deadlines. Say you're SHOOTING for a specific date. 
     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i knew this was going to happen x D said it already a bit before the video was released, and def after the video:p as usuall 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Theezakj said:

i knew this was going to happen x D said it already a bit before the video was released, and def after the video:p as usuall 

 

I did figure, but eh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't bother about the delayed C&A video, but the TS module official release date being pushed though... So I'm like 50/50, still unsure about if I'll refund or not if it gets delayed, but I'd rather wait and see how it goes. I'm a very patient and tolerant pledger, which might be why I'm not being super angry about it. Although, the delay really surprised me and it did sadden me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone understands that games take time, well if they don't they should because it does take a really long time. The problem is that these devs keep saying one thing and then do something else. You can't trust a single thing they're saying anymore. I don't trust them at all and I don't see how anyone could. The only reason some still trust them is because they want to play the game. If this was any other real life situation where a person promised something to someone and then don't keep the promise you would never trust that person again. They should of just said 2019 but they get greedy and instead take too much water over their heads and later make up excuses. These guys need to pull their shit together if they want anyone to actually trust them at all when it finally does get released.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Will the devs meet the new deadline?

       nobody's opinion matters on this. there is nothing out of the ordinary for game development in their development cycle. 

    2. Position towards the game if they delay?

  • Not changing. All games take time
  •  

        3. How should the devs fix these problems?

           What problems? This is normal game development.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr_Fisk said:

1. Will the devs meet the new deadline?

       nobody's opinion matters on this. there is nothing out of the ordinary for game development in their development cycle. 

    2. Position towards the game if they delay?

  • Not changing. All games take time
  •  

        3. How should the devs fix these problems?

           What problems? This is normal game development.

 

One thing i would like to point out is that their is one thing to give an estimate of a release and giving a hyped up date where the whole point is that their is no way for it to be delayed, which is the case of the TS delay. While I know delays are a normal thing in development, people are more pissed off about being unnecessarily lead on by the devs, which I imagine no one likes.

Edited by NanoSpace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive had very high hopes for this game now I have literally a penny worth of hope, I hope they actually do april 23rd, I talked 6 people into getting this and now I look like a moron. if its delayed again I'm out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saying this here as well: keep in mind that to be eligible for a refund, you should stay within the 180 days of buyers protection. Pretty sure some of you are already past that and if you are not, just check how much longer that would actually still last. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

One thing i would like to point out is that their is one thing to give an estimate of a release and giving a hyped up date where the whole point is that their is no way for it to be delayed, which is the case of the TS delay. While I know delays are a normal thing in development, people are more pissed off about being unnecessarily lead on by the devs, which I imagine no one likes.

 

The delay is unfortunate, for sure. We at Asylum feel it more than most and we hated to do this, but it's necessary.

First impressions are the only ones that matter. We have to be sure that when we release the Town Square, server issues and the like are minimal.

The only thing we'd ever said regarding the previous date was that we were "on schedule", which was true. It would have been very tight, though.

Moving forward, this new date is only one month longer but that gives our developers time to make sure things are done right and not rushed.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paratus said:

The delay is unfortunate, for sure. We at Asylum feel it more than most and we hated to do this, but it's necessary.

First impressions are the only ones that matter. We have to be sure that when we release the Town Square, server issues and the like are minimal.

The only thing we'd ever said regarding the previous date was that we were "on schedule", which was true. It would have been very tight, though.

Moving forward, this new date is only one month longer but that gives our developers time to make sure things are done right and not rushed.

 

Makes sense,  like I said, no one likes a delay, but I think it's more about the way your PR team goes about releasing information and informing the community. Fix those issues and many of the problems in the community we currently have will probably ether lessen or go away entirely.

Thank you for what you guys are doing for this game, but it's a learning curve and I wish you guys luck on getting past that. 

Edited by NanoSpace
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy....  another delay?  Yes, yes delays happen we are all fully aware.  STOP GIVING DATES!!!!!!  It does not build trust with your community when you continue to not deliver on what you say.  I know it takes time etc.. but stop giving dates!!  The only thing I can think of is that you are trying to promote your game or stay relevant in some news somewhere by giving out dates.  First impressions are important and what did the vid you guys hurried out the door show us?  You have MUCH further to go than everyone thinks.  Take your time, make your game but please stop giving out timelines you are unable to meet. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's how the developers felt with the old release date: 

SrokmRp.png

But seriously, if they judge it's best to wait an extra month, then it's for the best, despite that I've seen some extremely upset people. If they have to delay it again, I'll have very mixed feelings about the project and would be quite concerned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Paratus said:

The delay is unfortunate, for sure. We at Asylum feel it more than most and we hated to do this, but it's necessary.

First impressions are the only ones that matter. We have to be sure that when we release the Town Square, server issues and the like are minimal.

The only thing we'd ever said regarding the previous date was that we were "on schedule", which was true. It would have been very tight, though.

Moving forward, this new date is only one month longer but that gives our developers time to make sure things are done right and not rushed.

 

One thing that simply does worry me though is that this game will be released and be stuck in Early Release hell for the longest time like Rust, DayZ, and many other games. What I see fit, however this not being my choice, is to get the game released and continue allowing pledgers to pay for a module pass for the next month and release hotfix after hotfix patching the game as much as possible, simply so that funding will rise as well as the community can calm down a bit about the huge scam issue. Right now, if the game is in a playable state, I think it'd be time to release and just allow players to know that the game is at the least truthfully in development. Players are okay with a few bugs in games, as long as they're hastily fixed. First impressions are important yes, but you can't be focused on being a perfectionist when it comes to this game. It will have issues and continuously delaying the game in hopes to put out the perfect game on release will only cause a loss in hype and player support. I want the best for the game, I'm not downing the game, simply putting in my personal opinion on the stance of the game and community at the moment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

delays do suck, but id rather a delay then them put out some piece of garbage like every other dev does. seems like they actually care about the game and not just cashing a check. only thing i'm concerned is how truthful this development has actually been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, apexreaper2 said:

delays do suck, but id rather a delay then them put out some piece of garbage like every other dev does. seems like they actually care about the game and not just cashing a check. only thing i'm concerned is how truthful this development has actually been

 

It does suck to wait indeed. I also prefer that they would release a more stable and polished module than a very bugged one. And my response to those who's still skeptical about the truthfulness of the project, they have their own office to work in, and have roughly 20 (or more, not sure) developers working for Asylum. Also, they have released a video (despite leaving mixed feelings among the community) with game play footage that shows that the game does exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LordBenji said:

It does suck to wait indeed. I also prefer that they would release a more stable and polished module than a very bugged one. And my response to those who's still skeptical about the truthfulness of the project, they have their own office to work in, and have roughly 20 (or more, not sure) developers working for Asylum. Also, they have released a video (despite leaving mixed feelings among the community) with game play footage that shows that the game does exist.

 

i do believe the game is in development now with out a doubt, but how true is the whole process we've been told. is it at the point they've been telling us. all the mechanics this game is going to have really all figured out and implemented like the way they speak about them. do they know all these player driven things are going to work, yanno what im trying to say now 

Edited by apexreaper2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have absolutely no quarrels with the release date being pushed back slightly (a month is a slight delay in game development). What I do have problems with is how the Identity team release information. Unless I follow the twitch stream (which isn't streamed at ideal times for me anyway), I don't know if anything is being done at all. There's a new community manager that got appointed, but Identity's homepage, literally THE place to discuss Identity, is completely left untouched - save for one article a month.

 

If you want your fans to keep faith in you, start showing everything on your own website, so people that don't follow your twitch can actually see you're doing something. Brandon shouldn't have any issues getting a few screenshots each day for what's been worked on for the previous day and writing up a quick article to detail what  it is that's happening... that's why you have a community manager - to connect your community to your developers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

I have absolutely no quarrels with the release date being pushed back slightly (a month is a slight delay in game development). What I do have problems with is how the Identity team release information. Unless I follow the twitch stream (which isn't streamed at ideal times for me anyway), I don't know if anything is being done at all. There's a new community manager that got appointed, but Identity's homepage, literally THE place to discuss Identity, is completely left untouched - save for one article a month.

 

If you want your fans to keep faith in you, start showing everything on your own website, so people that don't follow your twitch can actually see you're doing something. Brandon shouldn't have any issues getting a few screenshots each day for what's been worked on for the previous day and writing up a quick article to detail what  it is that's happening... that's why you have a community manager - to connect your community to your developers.

 

That sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe you should pitch it to @Beach_Ball,  he's pretty good on the listening to the community front so he might go for it if you talk to him about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

I have absolutely no quarrels with the release date being pushed back slightly (a month is a slight delay in game development). What I do have problems with is how the Identity team release information. Unless I follow the twitch stream (which isn't streamed at ideal times for me anyway), I don't know if anything is being done at all. There's a new community manager that got appointed, but Identity's homepage, literally THE place to discuss Identity, is completely left untouched - save for one article a month.

 

If you want your fans to keep faith in you, start showing everything on your own website, so people that don't follow your twitch can actually see you're doing something. Brandon shouldn't have any issues getting a few screenshots each day for what's been worked on for the previous day and writing up a quick article to detail what  it is that's happening... that's why you have a community manager - to connect your community to your developers.

 

Hey iiMStevo,

While I do garner the Community Manager name, I also end up doing a large amount of Customer Service and other miscellaneous tasks that would otherwise occupy a developer's time. I try to get new screens and information out when I can, but such material usually needs to be cleared by either the Art Director or CEO. I'm in charge of scheduling the streams and definitely try to get any new artwork or assets out to our social media wherever possible. I know the 4 - 5 pm est timeslot doesn't work the best for streams so I make an effort to get highlights done and logged in our twitch clip directory while also saving each VOD to our YouTube as unlisted (the URLs are in the directory here http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/10271-twitch-clips-directory/)

The new website should bring some welcome changes to both updated information and overall presentation. The developer tracker should be reiterating what's posted on some of our social media, but it's admittedly seen better days as behind the scene tweaks have left it partially functioning. The Web dev is working on rectifying this for the new site layout. I'll see if I can get help contribute some new media to the forums in the meantime. At the very least, I'll keep the new screenshots thread in Town Square updated. I apologize for not appearing as frequently as I should on the forums and I'll make an effort to turn this around.

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now