(not sure if this has already been posted) ok, i KNOW i'm not the only girl/person who HATES the way the female characters in GTA 5 Online look (or just the entire game). I felt the same way about Saints Row too and probably Fallout 3/4. I get that the video game industry is trying to tone down on the over sexualization of women, but did they really have to make us look like men instead??! The shoulders were SOOO wide and the way they walked seemed so boyish too. Personally i would 100x rather play as an over sexualized character than be forced to look like the f*cking hunchback of notre dame. 

point is, plEASSE make the girl characters look/walk normal!!!!!

Edited by futuremilf420
forgot to add a part
  • Like 1

I do not think there will be any issues with the look they are going for when it comes to females. Unless you think page 1 and page 10 pictures in the screenshot thread all look like men..

037a5e075d31adf9f082f14ce0fffc77.jpg

DT3ccba.png examples posted as well as the thread

Edited by Xzothi

1 hour ago, Jack_Midard said:

Are there only blacks or Chinese? (I am not racist ^^) 

No, these are just some of the ones which were shown off.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

11 hours ago, Xzothi said:

I do not think there will be any issues with the look they are going for when it comes to females. Unless you think page 1 and page 10 pictures in the screenshot thread all look like men..

037a5e075d31adf9f082f14ce0fffc77.jpg

DT3ccba.png examples posted as well as the thread

they look good, i just hope they dont walk so man-ish like they do in GTA5 Online! I'm not super well-educated on game developing but it seemed like in that game as well as Saints Row they designed walking/moving mechanics for the main characters (who are male) and then, since less girls play these sort of games, they just used the same design for women as they did for men (if this makes sense, sorry like i said i'm not totally sure how this all works!). i wont sh*t myself if they end up looking like the characters from the other games and i understand that less women play these games so its less of a priority, it would just be nice & its just a suggestion:)

one of my favorite parts of these games are always character customization & since the game kind of centers around the customization of your life (being able to do essentially whatever you want), it would be cool to see the female body accurately portrayed

to me the females or any online character in gta looks like they just came out of one of those "this is what meth does to you" ads

• Like 1

19 hours ago, futuremilf420 said:

they look good, i just hope they dont walk so man-ish like they do in GTA5 Online! I'm not super well-educated on game developing but it seemed like in that game as well as Saints Row they designed walking/moving mechanics for the main characters (who are male) and then, since less girls play these sort of games, they just used the same design for women as they did for men (if this makes sense, sorry like i said i'm not totally sure how this all works!). i wont sh*t myself if they end up looking like the characters from the other games and i understand that less women play these games so its less of a priority, it would just be nice & its just a suggestion:)

one of my favorite parts of these games are always character customization & since the game kind of centers around the customization of your life (being able to do essentially whatever you want), it would be cool to see the female body accurately portrayed

See the thing is it just comes down to there animation budget. Then there is who they use if they use mocap animation. Since after all not everyone has the same style of walk in the real world.    Some times they even use a male mocaping for a female.  So it depends on how much not just budget when It comes to money in walking animations but budget when it comes to client and server resources.

Adding some female walk animation resources that they could take ideas from.  

Yes there are many more styles out there but these two I could find to many out there are recycled of the same style of female walk.  Do these fit with what you would like for female walking animations?

Edited by Xzothi

13 hours ago, Xzothi said:

See the thing is it just comes down to there animation budget. Then there is who they use if they use mocap animation. Since after all not everyone has the same style of walk in the real world.    Some times they even use a male mocaping for a female.  So it depends on how much not just budget when It comes to money in walking animations but budget when it comes to client and server resources.

Adding some female walk animation resources that they could take ideas from.  

Yes there are many more styles out there but these two I could find to many out there are recycled of the same style of female walk.  Do these fit with what you would like for female walking animations?

ahh! i can definitely see those walks from GTA. im not sure what it could be that bothered me!! i bet its something to do with combat movements. but i was satisfied with Lara Croft in Tomb Raider (at least the one from a few years back). maybe i just want the women to be more attractive LOL, the GTA characters look like overworked 50 y/o moms going to pick up their kids from soccer practice, even when you set the age to 18 or whatever. maybe its a face thing. also Lara seemed more cartoon-y than GTA i guess (her eye-face ratio, boob, bust, etc). OH ALSO WITH GTA the boobs literally sag so much i felt like my character had been breastfeeding her imaginary infant son.

5 hours ago, futuremilf420 said:

ahh! i can definitely see those walks from GTA. im not sure what it could be that bothered me!! i bet its something to do with combat movements. but i was satisfied with Lara Croft in Tomb Raider (at least the one from a few years back). maybe i just want the women to be more attractive LOL, the GTA characters look like overworked 50 y/o moms going to pick up their kids from soccer practice, even when you set the age to 18 or whatever. maybe its a face thing. also Lara seemed more cartoon-y than GTA i guess (her eye-face ratio, boob, bust, etc). OH ALSO WITH GTA the boobs literally sag so much i felt like my character had been breastfeeding her imaginary infant son.

I have not played GTA but I also didn't like there animations. I can't say I would like the animations above really either. It is a real person so I can't complain to much.

adding some more from some games and other places..(Not real people.)

Let me know if you like any of these walks? It is good to give the developers a visual idea on what you want that is why I am trying to help you.  Not just a visual of what you don't want. 

Edited by Xzothi

32 minutes ago, Shwado said:

not everyone walks like a model though ayy lmao

I wish I could find more normal walks that I like.(I really tried to find some. See to much the same with small differences honestly. Even with what I posted here on my second post has that lol.)  Personally I think all walks would need to have some feeling of flair to them.  Like the first walks I provided as a possible example I didn't like because there didn't seem to be any personality flair to the walks.  I personally out of the walks I found and posted I liked the sims 4 ones.  They seemed to have some personality to them.  Sure not walks I like as a whole but still. 

Mostly I was trying to post what the op wanted. Since it is good and all to go into what you dislike. It is nice to know what you do like and want. So it is easier to discuss talk about and so on. As well as the developers can't read are minds on what we would like. (I personally would like a more tough like walk with personality. Not a overly model walk.) Since all I got out of what the op said is what they do not want. 

ii think the biggest reason why female characters get the same movement animation is because they want to keep the game fair  and have the hitboxes be relatively the same (i could be wrong) but its the best explanation i could come up with other than oh the devs were lazy and etc

sgGec8

Edited by Shwado

3 hours ago, Shwado said:

ii think the biggest reason why female characters get the same movement animation is because they want to keep the game fair  and have the hitboxes be relatively the same (i could be wrong) but its the best explanation i could come up with other than oh the devs were lazy and etc

sgGec8

It is not it is price and resource management.  It costs the server resources and client depending on the server nothing to do with the hotbox. A good deal of the times anyway the hitbox is the same size no matter what shape your character is. Like how they did with all points bulletin.(Big box.)  Then you got to realize if first person and third person are not the same animation.(Which a lot of games they are not.)  Since it takes a bit more to get animations to be the same and look right in first person and third.(They line it up in post and you in first person a lot of times are just arms your full character is not in first person. Which adds another reason why first and third person animation is not shared.)  Then that adds to how much space animation takes on resources.(Resources refers to memory and cpu time. If you ignore these things you will have performance issues across the board.)  

In the end it all comes down to the costs. 

(edit: I could go into a whole big thing why female models are smaller then male models but this is not the place for that type of discussion.)

Edited by Xzothi
wanted to add one more thing
  • Like 1

actually i was gonna talk about how female models are smaller and there for have smaller hitboxes (in some games)

21 hours ago, Shwado said:

actually i was gonna talk about how female models are smaller and there for have smaller hitboxes (in some games)

I know I originally said I didn't want to go into this. Yet this topic has been bugging me so I decided to go into this but keep it somewhat on topic.(Since the topic seems to be about keeping females. Looking like females.) It is fairly simple why they are though. It has to do with the female model they picked compared to the male model they picked. Then it goes into how much clothing they add on the female model.

I have some comparison renders I made.(None of them have hair though.)  I decided to show instead of talk really.

H1YYGhA.png

All three side by side. Can you tell which female model represents what is normally picked?  2UFkUGX.png 

This is them back to back from each other where you can see that depending on who they would pick as a model can have a affect on the sizes. 

747dKYm.png

This model wouldn't work to well in fps games since the male has a much bigger hitbox if we wanted to go into skin tight hitboxes.

Qqcj213.png

This one would work much better but it is rarely used. What normally happens is they just take the shorter one above and just scaling it taller. (If they even bother changing it at all.)  Sure this model as well you could tweak her a bit to make it so there is no scale differences from the male to the female.

The point of this was showing that just changing the model to a better model can change how the hitbox would work. An doing so does not make the female male looking. (There is more that can be done here as well to make the hitboxes the same.) You could say yeah not all males are the same but really not all females are either.