Thunderbee

Users with mic

So, once we will be able to play and roleplay, I and I bet lots of people won't use mics. Either because they don't have a mic or because they don't want to use a mic. For example, on my situation I won't use a mic because I feel it's a pity to talk when there are chats. 

Will myself and other users with the same issue be in major disadvantage? 

8 minutes ago, Thunderbee said:

So, once we will be able to play and roleplay, I and I bet lots of people won't use mics. Either because they don't have a mic or because they don't want to use a mic. For example, on my situation I won't use a mic because I feel it's a pity to talk when there are chats. 

It will be more immersion breaking to type than to talk as talking is quick and you can't run and type so if you're running from people you can't tell your friend to do something with out stopping.

That's how it will be on public servers, people that use mics will get more attention. For RP to actually work people need to be somewhat on the same page so private servers that have mics as essential to join will be the way to go if you want to get somewhere and form relationships with people, if you are going to text chat RP don't expect to have the same experience or for people to take you seriously 

Edited by JimmyRibera
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thunderbee said:

Best bet is to find a text chat only private server if you don't want to lose immersion from typing.

I asked this question a while back becuz I feel u sometimes i prefer to type than to talk (mostly when watching netflix and playing). Im sure you will be able to type if u prefer 

• Like 2

me personally and this is just me, i think it should be kept to talking through mic, i realise not everyone has a mic but a cheap one shouldn't be hard to get, the reason for this is it wouldn't be realistic if so many players were mute like GTA  and well typing is the same thing, sending a text via phone or email in game yeah sure because you can't speak through either of said communication types. 

by no means should my opinion deter anyone from being able to enjoy text typing roleplay i'm just purely giving my take on the game

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Well get ready to get shot or something else depending on the situation. If someone asks you something and you're slowpoking you might get bullet in the face. Or they walk away. It's like talking to a slow person in real life (a retard) You're saying something with voice chat and then you gotta wait 10 seconds for an answer because they're typing. Best thing would be to join a text chat only server, if there is such a thing.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I think there should be a Yell-Talk-Whisper voice system and a local chat, also Yell-Talk-Whisper.

For those who don't know Yell-Talk-Whisper is just what I call a voice or chat range selector, but i'm not sure it's the actual name for it. (Correct me if i'm wrong.)

You select Yell if you want players in a large range to hear you, Talk for medium range and Whisper for short range.

9 minutes ago, jaylenclyde said:

there is no chat anyway so basically the only way of communication is mic chat

Do you know for a fact? Unless the developers have stated it, I don't see how. Not everyone has a microphone, no matter how annoying it may be.