PowerGaming7

To the people with concerns about Identity

TLDR: Cut the developers some slack, they have alot on their plate and they need to put their time into the game as they have a deadline to meet.

So many of you are concerned with the state of the game so far, with people asking this game is never going to be out or if it is going to be released then its going to be the year 2034 by the time that happens well here's the thing;

There's a team of approximately nine people all working on Identity, and there's one community manager known as @Motown that deals with uploading pictures to all of the social media outlets , writing dev blogs, keeping undesirables at bay, answering questions on here, twitter and Facebook, and I'm also presuming he is the one that also has to edit the video together then uploads it. Essentially you could say he largely on the marketing side of the game. However on top of this he has to admin for Asylum life (Arma 3 life server) which is a huge job on it's own. Also he has to 3D model. All of the models you have seen thus far of the game, have been made by @Motown and another 3D modelist in Asylum Entertainment. So you could say he has quite a job to do when it comes to being a 'community manager'. I put community manager in quotations because he does alot more than manage the community. 

But still there's the fact we haven't seen a video. People are drawing the line under, This game has been cancelled omg the developers are scammers. No, actually for a small team of nine we get quite alot of information given to us. @Motown tries to answer questions about the game everyday and gives new information on it, also we are given new pictures, once or twice a month.

Yes we haven't seen a video but a video takes a long time to make. Time that the devs don't exactly have. Let me use an example real quick, if you know who I am, I upload Identity videos talking about the game, and giving news on it when I can, and usually depending on the length a video CAN take around 2-3 hours. Now why do they take 2-3 hours. Well first of all, I have to make a script, seems simple but yet it's not. You have to proofread the script otherwise you'll sound like you can't speak English and I have made mistakes of letting some words slide into a video and it just makes me cringe every-time I hear it back. But you also have to have the creativity to write it. This takes a while to do. The script is also there to structure the video out, just from reading it you will be able to see how the video flows. Now you could say don't bother with a script just do it without one. Well you could do it that way. However it would be extremely unprofessional with lot's of stuttering and the devs might not get everything in that needs to be said. 

Then once you are done with the script you move on to recording it, recording the video time wise. It depends really. If I were to mess up a sentence and slur my words, I would have to start it again, which is pretty goddamn annoying. I usually take half an hour, give or take recording it as I do edit the audio after each cut I do. 

Next we go onto the editing. Honestly I'm pretty quick at editing, I kind of just get into a rhythm with it and do it. It, depends solely on the person who is editing and how well they know their software so I can't get an exact number on it, but if the video is long it's going to take a long time to edit. Finally, you'll render out the video then upload it to the media outlets, e.g YouTube. This obviously depends on your specifications and on  your upload speed.

So... Why am I going through this. Well it's just so people can realise how long a video can actually take. Time that could be put into 3D modelling or coding for the game. Also these times are for me and what it takes me to make a video and they're 3-5 minute videos. Granted 3 hours for me would be for a much longer video but you have to remember that this gameplay video for Asylum Entertainment would take a long time because it has to be approved by @Paratus and if it's something he doesn't like he will make sure that it's done again because well he takes pride in the game. 

Remember nine people work on the game. Two of which work on 3D modelling and on 'community managing'. The rest have to work on coding for the game and people are coming and going from the company if I remember correctly. So give them some slack, the devs have alot on their plate. I really do recommend going to see a game being developed. You can see the YouTuber BrandonJla create his game 'Hover Junkers' and that is nowhere near on the same scale of a game like Identity, that also has around the same amount of people working on it, also to note that Hover Junkers is still in Early access. 

But as the consumers we do have a right to question the developers because at the end of the day we're the investors of the game, we determine it's success, and I really do understand peoples concerns. But like I said cut them slack because they're under alot of pressure and you know we should be happy that they want to take their time with a game like this. One last thing before I end this lengthy post, if you think its a scam why in the world would they still be answering questions and uploading pictures. If I were to create a scam, I would have got the kickstarter money and ran with it a long time ago, just saying. Also remember that they have a deadline to meet, Early 2017 but expect delays.

Thanks for reading this post and I do hope that it helped clear up a few issues people were having. 

Oh and here's the Hover Junkers devblog btw (go watch to see how lengthy a game can take as it is quite a long and interesting process:

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, PowerGaming7 said:

Also remember that they have a deadline to meet

Funny how easily you forgot when they announced the game play video is almost ready, just some finishing touches left and 6 months later still no video or the regular updates via dev blog. Cant wait to see if you will continue to support them when it will be 2018 and we will still not have even the first module.

Edited by N1ckGreek
  • Like 1

TLDR

Stop kissing their asses, Paratus completely missed the deadline, like he always does.

Stop making your shitty excuses defending them.

Stop trying to justify everything.

• Like 3

I just want weekly dev blogs, Literally how hard is that? ffs. Also, cant wait to play this game when it comes out in 2025!

Edited by Luca_Santarelli
  • Like 2

"I just want weekly dev blogs, Literally how hard is that"

This exactly. 

I just want to see a little progress, it doesn't have to be a module yet, I do want to see a little more than a hair shader test.

It's fair to be concerned at this point, in my opinion.

That being said, I'm pretty certain no one here has anything against the developers. They've got an innovative idea that has kept me interested despite the lack of content.

People asking for more content aren't trying to strong-arm the developers, we're merely asking to see how our money is being put to good use.

love you devs,

feed us :(  

Edited by loganiq8
Adding more information
  • Like 3

Well i don't know about everyone else but hasn't it been like several months since an update or any word in general there was ment to be regular blogs done 4+ months ago on there current situation or even Acknowledged us and being active with there community.. but instead its ghost town this is why i don't invest stomping land thought me well since they did a runner  they took all the money and vanished without a trace.. ever since then i don't trust anyone... just like that police 10-13 i will never invest in them they have shown nothing but 3d models in an editor and have put words to papper saying this is whats going to be in it.. but have shown no proof of actual talent and just oil paintings and demanding 100k to make a video.. 

For all we know police 10-13 and identity where just a bunch of people who thought they knew what they where doing and thought they could make a game but come to realize its more then just making 3d scenes in a game engine where everything provided for you.. when it comes to actually having to script your own stuff and what not good luck with that..  

ill only hope both projects don't end up dead and they take everyone cash.. i only hope there will be a game like this that actually exist one day :) for now im just chilling lurking in the shadows... 

im sure if you keep on supporting these guys positively and respect them you will get what you want. You guys are really pulling them down with all these negative comments. I got to see some pics that none of you have because I have respect for the guys. They are working their hardest to make this game a reality. If you want this game yourself then why don't you go and make it yourself. Go dload unreal and start. You'll soon find out that it is not a piece of cake. You might already know that some games on Kickstarter never reach full but it really doesn't help when you are pulling them down like this.

42 minutes ago, Herzog said:

im sure if you keep on supporting these guys positively and respect them you will get what you want. You guys are really pulling them down with all these negative comments. I got to see some pics that none of you have because I have respect for the guys. They are working their hardest to make this game a reality. If you want this game yourself then why don't you go and make it yourself. Go dload unreal and start. You'll soon find out that it is not a piece of cake. You might already know that some games on Kickstarter never reach full but it really doesn't help when you are pulling them down like this.

I'm pretty certain no one is trying to put them down.

This also has very little to do with respect. Most people don't dish their money out to those they don't respect or deem respectable. People are just concerned. As I've mentioned elsewhere, they have a right to be!

You've seen things we haven't seen, and that's great, and I for one, am sure that there's good stuff hidden from us. 

I do want to see some of it though, even if it's unfinished, or unpolished. I'm not asking for a module, a video, or a beta yet, but we want updates. I think it's important to keep contributers in the 'know' of what's being worked on and how far the project has progressed... Even if it were just a weekly, or even bi-weekly update.

Also; I don't think it's constructive to ask people who are interested enough to post on here, and make requests that aren't really that demanding to 'go make the game themselves' 

Most everyone on here, myself included have the utmost respect for the developers and have a deep and sincere appreciation for the development process, and the hard work they've put in. We've also heard how committed they are to the game, that even if the kickstarter doesn't succeed they would fund it themselves and develop it, just purely out of their commitment. That alone, commends respect for these people as developers alone.

We just don't want to be kept in the dark for months at a time, even unsubstantial updates are welcome.

Edited by loganiq8
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Herzog said:

How am i supposed to blindly support those people who said so many things about the game and yet 2 years later we haven't seen a thing except some assets every couple months? When they keep announcing new things (video, dev blogs) and they end up hiding from the community and not doing anything. Who cares if we are going to see a video 1 month before the game is released? I want to see a video today and in 1 month and in 2 months, i want weekly dev blogs, i want to see progress, real progress not some models in an editor. If they had something to show they would have made a video or something months ago, the fact that they didnt show nothing 2 years later it means they are struggling to make all those things they promised and the game will take years to make and probably it will be a failure compared to what they promised so far.

I fear an uprising will soon occur, as more and more are getting concerned for the progress of Identity.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Herzog said:

I got to see some pics that none of you have because I have respect for the guys.

Well, first of all, just because people want answers to questions, does not mean they have no respect. A lot of the people asking those questions are actually investors in Identity, which gives them the right I would think.

Second, your statement raises the immediate question, if you get to see images from Motown, then why are they not shown to everyone?

Every single time someone on these forums raises the question of why is there no information forthcoming then either you, or one of the other self appointed 'Admins' leaps in telling folks to stop asking..........well maybe if someone from the actual Dev team would give an answer then they would stop asking. No matter how much you and you ilk seem to think you speak for the Dev team, you don't, and you thumbing your nose at the rest of the community by telling them you get special privileges really does not help.....at all.

Some of you seem to think that the rest of us have never been involved in anything like this before (the OP here being a perfect example) well I'm sorry but this certainly ain't my first rodeo Herzog. If they were nowhere near ready then they most certainly should not have begun a Kick Starter, & people are right to question it because the amount of updates is very poor.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jinx said:

If they were nowhere near ready then they most certainly should not have begun a Kick Starter, & people are right to question it because the amount of updates is very poor.

They just showed some pics and some assets and people gave them more than 250.000$. That's crazy, i get that you want to support them to make this game real but they only worked like 1-2 months before the kickstarter and the only thing they made is some pics and assets, why support something like that when you don't know how far they are capable of going with the project? It's not there fault it's people fault, I am glad i decided to give them no money until i have something playable in my hands. Don't get me wrong i am not hating on the game, i want as much as you to play a game like this one day but this team is so unprofessional. I seriously don't know how they think they can make a better game than GTA V within 2 years with 9 people working and with a budget around 250.000$

1 hour ago, N1ckGreek said:

They just showed some pics and some assets and people gave them more than 250.000$. That's crazy, i get that you want to support them to make this game real but they only worked like 1-2 months before the kickstarter and the only thing they made is some pics and assets, why support something like that when you don't know how far they are capable of going with the project? It's not there fault it's people fault, I am glad i decided to give them no money until i have something playable in my hands. Don't get me wrong i am not hating on the game, i want as much as you to play a game like this one day but this team is so unprofessional. I seriously don't know how they think they can make a better game than GTA V within 2 years with 9 people working and with a budget around 250.000$

All you just said is Bullshit because they had gameplay of the game and why would a popular youtuber make a video on it if it was just a scam. Honestly i think that you people should stop pressuring them and let them do their job if you want this game out. Everyone wants to play this game even the devs but games dont come falling from the sky. I understand the concern people are having as i personally made a video on this game and pledged for modules but since March 25th which the first dev blog came out we have seen nothing which does lead you to wondering but what i think will happen is that they will release the Video and Module at the same time in a big update and we have to wait for it. So before anyone starts screaming and critises me my main point is Stop and Calm Down because Identity will release in your life time ETC 2020 :D JK

Keep the Great Work @Motown and @Paratus

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

All you just said is Bullshit because they had gameplay of the game and why would a popular youtuber make a video on it if it was just a scam. Honestly i think that you people should stop pressuring them and let them do their job if you want this game out. Everyone wants to play this game even the devs but games dont come falling from the sky. I understand the concern people are having as i personally made a video on this game and pledged for modules but since March 25th which the first dev blog came out we have seen nothing which does lead you to wondering but what i think will happen is that they will release the Video and Module at the same time in a big update and we have to wait for it. So before anyone starts screaming and critises me my main point is Stop and Calm Down because Identity will release in your life time ETC 2020 :D JK

Don't be stupid Lion King, they didn't have gameplay that was all just stock game engine  assets, they even said it was. Secondly it matters not if youtubers have done videos on it (Ahem stomping ground) and besides they were just hype videos. P.s keep up the great work? What fucking great work?

Thats true we havent seen any work but i was just giving my opinion and i havent seen the game asset trailer in a while so i forgot

Its been a year and a half almost since the kickstarter was funded and they have released NOTHING. No videos, demos, gameplay or anything whatsoever. Small dev team or not it still shouldn't take that long. People are talking about the lack of gameplay, hell, we haven't even met the hurdle of a pre release demo yet!

• Like 2

Annnnnnnnnd on the other hand, we get posts like this which, to be frank, are just utter nonsense. So lets see if we can, for once, be clear about something.

Most of us are concerned about the lack of news updates.  Not the late video, not the progress of the Town Hall, but updates. It may well take hours to make a video, it may well take weeks to make a model, but it takes ten minutes to post on a forum so please stop telling me that they're too busy to do that once a week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jinx said:

Annnnnnnnnd on the other hand, we get posts like this which, to be frank, are just utter nonsense. So lets see if we can, for once, be clear about something.

Most of us are concerned about the lack of news updates.  Not the late video, not the progress of the Town Hall, but updates. It may well take hours to make a video, it may well take weeks to make a model, but it takes ten minutes to post on a forum so please stop telling me that they're too busy to do that once a week.

Dude it's been a year and a half almost so its perfectly alright to be concerned for either models, videos or posts.

I just wrote a paragraph or two describing why what you said is completely wrong, but in the end I realized it comes down to this. The devs have failed to prove to us that they are even working on a game. Pictures don't mean jackshit. A video that was made a year and a half ago that was about as demo-stock footage as it gets doesn't mean jackshit. All we need is a simple gameplay video proving to us that they have done SOMETHING with the fans money. I have been following this game since RHINOcrunch's video on it and there was a time when I was considering dropping a full 1 thousand dollars on this game just to help ensure it happens, but the devs failed to prove it to me then, and they still have failed to prove it to me now. As of today I am one of the lucky ones, I put 0 dollars and 0 cents down on this game. And I feel bad for anyone who did, because who knows what will happen when the devs finally speak out about what is going on at Asylum HQ. Oh, look at that, another paragraph I hope you enjoy.

8 minutes ago, dootsy said:

I just wrote a paragraph or two describing why what you said is completely wrong, but in the end I realized it comes down to this. The devs have failed to prove to us that they are even working on a game. Pictures don't mean jackshit. A video that was made a year and a half ago that was about as demo-stock footage as it gets doesn't mean jackshit. All we need is a simple gameplay video proving to us that they have done SOMETHING with the fans money. I have been following this game since RHINOcrunch's video on it and there was a time when I was considering dropping a full 1 thousand dollars on this game just to help ensure it happens, but the devs failed to prove it to me then, and they still have failed to prove it to me now. As of today I am one of the lucky ones, I put 0 dollars and 0 cents down on this game. And I feel bad for anyone who did, because who knows what will happen when the devs finally speak out about what is going on at Asylum HQ. Oh, look at that, another paragraph I hope you enjoy.

If you put $1000 on this game then fuck me you'd be wasting your money

8 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

If you put $1000 on this game then fuck me you'd be wasting your money

The devs missed out on one stupid ass donor ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dootsy said:

The devs missed out on one stupid ass donor ;)

But you would honestly pay that much for a video game? Seriously?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

You clearly never used Unreal Engine. The only thing they made was the house asset the prison asset the player model and some props(if they even made them themselves) oh and the car. Everything else you saw comes with the engine you just click a few buttons and you get premade assets and first person camera and bunch other things. Also half of the Overview video was static pics. Since then they only show new assets every month or 2. The fact that you say if it a scam then why popular youtuber make a video on it, i am not even going to say anything about it just google cs go gambling. And i said i think they still working on the game i dont think they ran with the money, all i am saying is they dont care about the community to update us as the game progress and that's the scary part cause if they had some good progress trust me they would want to show us for hype and exposure. "Keep the Great Work" what great work? you have to be kidding me, you dont even know how the game progressed since the kickstart, we only hear what the devs want to do with the game not what the dev already did and can do in the future.

@N1ckGreek Ok yeah we have no video,facts and gameplay and Im frustated so it looks very suspicous why we havent seen anything but trust me i believe in this and in 1 years time your gonna be on google looking up " How to Get Identity for Free" so i suggest you leave with all your bullshit as your just making chaos and right now the devs and other people on the form dont need it

• Like 1

Like what @LionKingGamer said. Just trust that these people WILL make this game. Yes it may not come out as scheduled but some never are. Just leave it to them to make the game making your job to support them, not to call them scammers.

• Like 2