jabba_the_slut

stock market

what do you guys think about a stock market in idendity? they could be real companies owned by players, the value going up and down as it would in real life.

it could work SO well in a game like identity, it obviousley presents some ways of abusing it, but just hink about it. you get alot of cash and want to invest it, so you go to your in game pc and decide to invest in this buisness thats doing pretty good. a coupple of real life days later you have profited. but damn, the company just got busted for using stolen materials in production, sell the stocks befrore the value plumbets.

this could add a solid economy into the game. it has its goods and bads, so lets descus!

The stock market is something i hoped for after thinking about the one in GTA. This will be something that if you are very smart, could make a very happy living off of. It would be better if their was no way to abuse it like robbing a store and then buying stocks. It should stay like a regular stock market making it fair, but still a gamble. 

On 1/2/2016 at 10:52 PM, KevinLangston said:

The stock market is something i hoped for after thinking about the one in GTA. This will be something that if you are very smart, could make a very happy living off of. It would be better if their was no way to abuse it like robbing a store and then buying stocks. It should stay like a regular stock market making it fair, but still a gamble. 

I think it would be cool if the market was dynamic, for example in GTA V if you blew up a specific airline and invested in a competition's stock, the airline you blew up's stock would go down and the competition's stock would go up, making you money. But I believe that it making a profit on the stock market shouldn't be chaotic lol. Perhaps if a certain area usually seen as a ghetto, gets rejuvenated and is now a thriving and safe community, truck transportation could then travel through rather than avoiding this section of the city, thus making trips faster and cost less gas. So therefore, gas company stock would go down (less gas being purchased) and the companies using trucks to go through would reduce cost and increase efficiency, thus upping their stock.

I will Eventually be going public with my company. IDK about a market unless a large amount of companies also go public, but I'll hold investor meetings and pay out dividends. 

On 1/22/2016 at 10:37 PM, ZombieShock said:

I wonder if they plan to make bank investments? Accumulating money from interest or Certificate Deposits.

That's what I plan to be doing. I don't think the automated banks will do that though.

8 hours ago, DrivenMuffin said:

I think it would be cool if the market was dynamic, for example in GTA V if you blew up a specific airline and invested in a competition's stock, the airline you blew up's stock would go down and the competition's stock would go up, making you money. But I believe that it making a profit on the stock market shouldn't be chaotic lol. Perhaps if a certain area usually seen as a ghetto, gets rejuvenated and is now a thriving and safe community, truck transportation could then travel through rather than avoiding this section of the city, thus making trips faster and cost less gas. So therefore, gas company stock would go down (less gas being purchased) and the companies using trucks to go through would reduce cost and increase efficiency, thus upping their stock.

The problem is that will lead to people shooting planes out of the sky, or the equivelant for whatever business they invest in. A stock market would be great, but it has to have the potential to ruin you if you aren't smart about it, otherwise they may as well make a 'free money' button.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2016 at 7:17 PM, Johnny said:

The problem is that will lead to people shooting planes out of the sky, or the equivelant for whatever business they invest in. A stock market would be great, but it has to have the potential to ruin you if you aren't smart about it, otherwise they may as well make a 'free money' button.

I agree, they need to be careful if this is a plan for implementation. The stocks in-game should resemble real life "No potential Gains without Potential Pains"  but still retain aspects of simplicity that makes the system work.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2016 at 3:37 AM, ZombieShock said:

I wonder if they plan to make bank investments? Accumulating money from interest or Certificate Deposits.

Pls no keep it simple. That's all too complicated. All I want the banks to be is withdraw, deposit or tale a loan. That is ALL it needs to be. Making the whole thing the same as it is in real life will do nothing but shield away a large amount of the community.

52 minutes ago, Crumby said:

Pls no keep it simple. That's all too complicated. All I want the banks to be is withdraw, deposit or tale a loan. That is ALL it needs to be. Making the whole thing the same as it is in real life will do nothing but shield away a large amount of the community.

SORRY!

At least in my bank I want to make people feel comfortable they're getting the best deal that suits them. That means lots of different options for lots of different people. Of course any of our employees will be able to explain these options to you and help you decide which option best suits you.

My question for all of this would be the issue of respawning and multiple instances.

Not every player-made company will exist on every server. So would this mean that we are limited to investments on one specific server, thus obligated to always respawn there to avoid losing that transaction - or would every transaction made on every server follow our 'bank account' to pay out interest/dividends regardless of the server we occupy at any given time?  And if so, would this mean that the servers are linked the same as in SecondLife, where we're able to free-roam to various player-made venues that we've "bookmarked"? (This is presumably the reason that the stock market option is disabled for GTA online).

Please excuse the mild ramble - I've been up for going on 21hrs.... Was just curious. Thanks. @Motown