mezdoo

Identity turning to GTA.

My only fear is that Identity servers become like GTA V, everyone shoting at everything with no reason, and no RP.

private servers are the solution for that (just with gta, there some good solutions like FiveM there).

private servers will most likely get you banned if you do something like that

• Like 2

Don't forget the stress system prevent mass slaughter on public servers and also while guns will be expensive and rare for big guns. If you die you will lose them unlike GTA where you can carry all the weapons you bought and when you die you still have them.

• Like 3

I'm glad that the devs have thought a lot about this. I think that the devs are very aware of the chaos that is moving around the map in GTA and are trying to create a more realistic, and less killing heavy game. GTA just has criminals, Identity has criminals, citizens, government officials, and police, they will definitely make sure that everyone can play their role, and move around the map. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, mezdoo said:

My only fear is that Identity servers become like GTA V, everyone shoting at everything with no reason, and no RP.

I have faith in the devs that they won't allow something like this to happen on official servers.  There are roles for most types of players so we should see some variety in what happens as opposed to GTA where most people are criminals to some degree.

Hopefully private servers won't take too long to be set up. 

Also I've never actually done anything like this before so would anyone be able to explain to me how to get into a private server? Especially whitelisted ones? Like just the basics--do you have to fill out a form or anything? Do they have their own websites? 

You already think that private servers will be better then we have not even tried the official ..

To complete @LuckyDuck, there will also be licenses to carry arms.
(Not obligatory of course, but in this case, at his own risk)

2 hours ago, Cuuka said:

You already think that private servers will be better then we have not even tried the official ..

To complete @LuckyDuck, there will also be licenses to carry arms.
(Not obligatory of course, but in this case, at his own risk)

Yes indeed thank you for pointing that out which I had missed.

On 27/06/2017 at 1:06 AM, mezdoo said:

so what if want to be an outlaw will the stress system still prevent me ?

The stress system affects everyone on the official servers, private server however can choose if they want the system on or not.

7 hours ago, sleepysadkid said:

Also I've never actually done anything like this before so would anyone be able to explain to me how to get into a private server? Especially whitelisted ones? Like just the basics--do you have to fill out a form or anything? Do they have their own websites? 

Private servers will be in the server list with the official ones when the game is released and if it is not white-listed then you can join hit join and you will get in.

For the White-listed/ community private servers, they will have likely set up their own website etc with a way to get white-listed is really up to them. e.g. Some already have an Application that you have to fill out and then in which you get an interview afterwards which could be if both passed then you will get white-listed, but it is up to those communities to allow people to get white-listed and not nothing to do with the devs as they are privately rented and could include requirements.

I hope this helped and have a lovel day. (Ps: cr*ppy weather here where I am. UK)

Kind regards,

LuckyDuck.

• Like 1

Like most other people I played GTA Online, I stopped quite quickly however, as I realized early on that it was nothing more than a pyramid cash cow, GTA Online is pointless, there is no game there, and almost zero skill required. I've seen people attempt to be social on public servers with a fail rate of 100%, it's a sad fact of online gaming life, that no matter what you try to do, it's always someone's idea of 'fun' to come along and stop you from doing it. I think, the real hope for Identity, is that it will not only provide a role for most, if not all, types of player but that it will also ensure that the clothing designer can function in world just as well as the bank robber can for example.

Fact - social players and combat players are always given separate servers to play on pve/pvp, you see them everywhere, in almost all games. So it's pretty clear, the problem is not the game, the problem is the players. Does Identity have the answer? Ten minutes reading the 'Hideout' section on these forums will answer that question for you, chances are if you come here to be a designer, or a singer, or any kind of individual who does not want to play 'cops & robbers', then you'll be disappointed I think.

''Private servers will save us'', well I disagree. Private servers will lead to ghost towns & with no NPC's to speak of, Identity can't afford to have a ton of servers all with populations of twenty players. In my humble opinion, the only thing that will make this game any different than GTA, will be Asylum themselves. They are showing some early signs of wanting to at least attempt to combat the problems with things like their stress system, will that be enough? Well only time will tell, perhaps the niche' that Identity fills will be a game where we can all co-exist, I hope so.

Edited by Jinx

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, Jinx said:

Like most other people I played GTA Online, I stopped quite quickly however, as I realized early on that it was nothing more than a pyramid cash cow, GTA Online is pointless, there is no game there, and almost zero skill required. I've seen people attempt to be social on public servers with a fail rate of 100%, it's a sad fact of online gaming life, that no matter what you try to do, it's always someone's idea of 'fun' to come along and stop you from doing it. I think, the real hope for Identity, is that it will not only provide a role for most, if not all, types of player but that it will also ensure that the clothing designer can function in world just as well as the bank robber can for example.

Fact - social players and combat players are always given separate servers to play on pve/pvp, you see them everywhere, in almost all games. So it's pretty clear, the problem is not the game, the problem is the players. Does Identity have the answer? Ten minutes reading the 'Hideout' section on these forums will answer that question for you, chances are if you come here to be a designer, or a singer, or any kind of individual who does not want to play 'cops & robbers', then you'll be disappointed I think.

''Private servers will save us'', well I disagree. Private servers will lead to ghost towns & with no NPC's to speak of, Identity can't afford to have a ton of servers all with populations of twenty players. In my humble opinion, the only thing that will make this game any different than GTA, will be Asylum themselves. They are showing some early signs of wanting to at least attempt to combat the problems with things like their stress system, will that be enough? Well only time will tell, perhaps the niche' that Identity fills will be a game where we can all co-exist, I hope so.

According to what has been said in a resent stream it will not be so easy to just kill everyone you see.