Striker

big city like Los Santos

I think big, cool cities are fun to play in. Los Santos is an awesome city but it would be way better if you could go in every building you see. Like roof tops are fun to hide around or spy. I just think it's so awesome with big cities like in gta 5.

Not all buildings will be accessible, but definitely way more than in GTA V :D

Not sure how big cities will be compared to Los Santos, but there will be at least 3 and they will be rather big :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cool_Cat said:

@Vix

Do you know if we can buy or at least use one big building? That'll be fine for hiding children.

I would imagine there will be industrial type sheds that you can buy

3 hours ago, Cool_Cat said:

@Vix

Do you know if we can buy or at least use one big building? That'll be fine for hiding children.

Most likely! Not sure how big buildings will be, but you can buy stores, houses and hang around in ruined buildings. 

No kids though. 

22 minutes ago, Legendary said:

There need to be a forest, city, and Desert.

There will be forests and mountains

cities (3)

and no deserts.

And I agree with no deserts, because they are simply boring. It's just sand, and sand, and even more sand. And sometimes a scorpion.

7 minutes ago, Romulus said:

Don't forget sand and cacti! @Vix

I've been in Egypt and I've visited some places and seen some deserts. No cacti! Who took all the cacti?!

On 1/18/2016 at 3:13 PM, Striker said:

Los Santos 

Los Santos is a fictional city based on Los Angeles in the United States. How ever if they do add a city named "Los Santos" i'm pretty sure the dev team for this game will be hit with copy right claims by Rockstar.

Break the city into 4 quarters being their own regions which must be loaded in every time so that it's easier to travel without stressing computer resources accounting for every event in every region, blatantly map out where the checkpoints between regions are, if in air vehicle, load in region once over specific area? Maybe not even having a loading screen for changing regions but just discretely loading resources the closer you get to a certain area, then pausing for a few seconds once at a certain area to transition the player count the user sees to the new player count of the region currently being inhabited. But keep a global chat? Or is Identity going to focus more on immersion and using other ways of communication than a OOC global chat?

7 hours ago, NeonPuffin said:

Break the city into 4 quarters being their own regions which must be loaded in every time so that it's easier to travel without stressing computer resources accounting for every event in every region, blatantly map out where the checkpoints between regions are, if in air vehicle, load in region once over specific area? Maybe not even having a loading screen for changing regions but just discretely loading resources the closer you get to a certain area, then pausing for a few seconds once at a certain area to transition the player count the user sees to the new player count of the region currently being inhabited. But keep a global chat? Or is Identity going to focus more on immersion and using other ways of communication than a OOC global chat?

I'd assume it'd work like in other mmorpgs- you see details appearing to in the distance as you walk but also slowly disappearing behind you. 

They want to keep the game very immersive, so I doubt there'd be a global chat. Rather a global in-game website or a global news channel as a way to announce. 

34 minutes ago, Vix said:

I'd assume it'd work like in other mmorpgs- you see details appearing to in the distance as you walk but also slowly disappearing behind you. 

They want to keep the game very immersive, so I doubt there'd be a global chat. Rather a global in-game website or a global news channel as a way to announce. 

What I meant was was sort of like you were saying with how things will come in and out of the cache as you move around, this could reduce stress on computer resources and enable a larger area of playing if not all players were loaded into the the entire region but broken into multiple regions that load in the players so that not all of their actions are accounted for in the clientside until the player moves into the region where the players performing those actions are. Am I making enough sense?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeonPuffin said:

What I meant was was sort of like you were saying with how things will come in and out of the cache as you move around, this could reduce stress on computer resources and enable a larger area of playing if not all players were loaded into the the entire region but broken into multiple regions that load in the players so that not all of their actions are accounted for in the clientside until the player moves into the region where the players performing those actions are. Am I making enough sense?

Yeah, it's just that when you say "regions" I imagine it like the map was separated into multiple squares and once you cross the line you have to wait half of a second for everything to load in. xD But yeah, map loading step by step seems to be the most reasonable approach. The whole map is way too huge to be loaded up 100% constantly, most PCs wouldn't handle it, especially with 250-300+ players affecting the environment and sending network packages all the time.

9 hours ago, Vix said:

Yeah, it's just that when you say "regions" I imagine it like the map was separated into multiple squares and once you cross the line you have to wait half of a second for everything to load in. xD But yeah, map loading step by step seems to be the most reasonable approach. The whole map is way too huge to be loaded up 100% constantly, most PCs wouldn't handle it, especially with 250-300+ players affecting the environment and sending network packages all the time.

Yes, exactly why those 250-300+ players would be loaded in blocks as the area is loaded in, say if the map is 300 square miles and there's two people per square mile and you're loading in 50 square miles at a time then only the actions and presence of the 100 people being loaded in your 50 sq mile radius will be accounted for (actions, movements etc however as soon as they are out of the radius they'll be ignored by your clientside).