SharkRider

Dying in Identity

18 minutes ago, SharkRider said:

I was curious to know what will happen when you die in Identity?

Basically the play button on steam gets greyed out preventing you from launching the game and so you will never be able to play again. You can think of it as sort of a permaban.

Just screwing with u. Ur body will stay there for a small period of time during which EMTs can revive you. If no one revives you, you will just respawn. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SharkRider said:

I was curious to know what will happen when you die in Identity?

Like luck said there is a timer which is the amount of time EMS has to come revive you.  While you lay  unconscious players will have The ability to steal your money and only that.  If you don't get revived and completely die then players can steal your guns and other items on you.  When you spawn back in you will lose all the money guns, items, etc. on you.  However you will not lose your clothes you will repsawn with the same clothes back on.  This is why keeping most of your money in the bank.  There be a few exceptions to special items you might not lose when you die I'm not sure on that though.  Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Was there any mention if the respawn will cost any medical bills? Or any cost of EMT assistance?

Edited by Banteel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Banteel said:

Was there any mention if the respawn will cost any medical bills? Or any cost of EMT assistance?

I heard as far as bills go the player would only have to pay rent and possibly electricity bills etc, I doubt the economy would need to go as deep as medical bills/insurance. But it could be introduced through modding/role play so who knows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

I heard as far as bills go the player would only have to pay rent and possibly electricity bills etc, I doubt the economy would need to go as deep as medical bills/insurance. But it could be introduced through modding/role play so who knows.

Ik your talking about health insurance here, but just on the other hand there will be car insurance.  Car insurance is optional, but would be very smart to pay for.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd like the "timer" to be your "blood loss" so only when you "bleed out" can you respawn; This will allow a friend to attempt to slow or even stop the bleeding, giving you more time before you die. I'd like there to be an experience system though, whereas the more experience you have the better you can slow/stop the bleeding. It's experience systems like this that truly define your character, allowing you to work your character towards certain specialties (or skills) truly creating a diversity of individuality on the island.

• Like 4

On 4/7/2017 at 5:54 AM, Kickapoo said:

You could in theory have private insurance companies, though it Asylum Life EMS were just paid out of pocket.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:54 PM, Hill said:

Personally, I'd like the "timer" to be your "blood loss" so only when you "bleed out" can you respawn; This will allow a friend to attempt to slow or even stop the bleeding, giving you more time before you die. I'd like there to be an experience system though, whereas the more experience you have the better you can slow/stop the bleeding. It's experience systems like this that truly define your character, allowing you to work your character towards certain specialties (or skills) truly creating a diversity of individuality on the island.

I agree, having skills and traits would be cool, but only if there are enough of them. I wouldn't like it if it's just the generic skills like in GTA where it is just stamina, strength, etc. I would like much more skills out there that are possible to obtain (50+ skills pls Motown? xD), and as far as experience goes, it would be nice if when you max out a trait to 100, after that, you can't max out traits, nor can you balance them all near or at the max level, but you can keep expanding and developing a couple (1-4) traits to go above max, but the others stay at that level or go lower to compensate for the other MAX+ skill. For example, my strength is 100 and my driving is 79 (assuming 100 is the highest level/percentage) I can keep improving my strength over 100 but my driving will stay the same or it will go down to compensate for the 100+ level of my strength. This will really help make people more diverse and we will never come across a player that is completely maxed out in stats and levels, and it will make the game more fair for the lower skilled people and overall make the players more interesting as if you needed a team to recruit, you could recruit people and they will all have different skills and so you will be able to fill in roles quickly if the job requires people with completely different skills, like in GTA Heists. Just to note, this is just a rough idea I thought of and there are probably exploits in there and if Identity do chose to do something like this, it would need to be very polished so people can't abuse this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Orbiit said:

I agree

I agree with everything you said above, thought I'd cut a chunk of it out to save space as I really just wanted to continue the conversation with you without making my response too much.

I am highly on board with a skill/trait system. The idea of having to apply yourself to a particular routine I.E. exercise, shooting range, swimming, lock-picking, driving, and etc to determine your characters attribute's is quite interesting and would give player's personal goal's to chase after giving the island a breath of life - as in people will have something to work towards rather than sitting around waiting for something interesting to happen. heh

I also hope you can take classes to acquire extra skill's, like CPR.

Edited by Hill

On 4/7/2017 at 1:40 AM, Banteel said:

Costs associated with healthcare....That stuff is all free in Canada....And thats about where the pros end.... :'(