uncannierlink

Carpe Pecuniam for Governor.

Hello,

For those of you that do not know, my name is Carpe Pecuniam. I am the owner of Dollabank LLC and former economic adviser of Gene Smth.

In the wake of Mr. Smith dropping from the race, I have decided that the only way to save the economy from becoming a stagnant, underground mess is to run myself.

My position is very similar to his except I have a few ideas of my own.

The first is to form a congress. This will be a committee of approximately 10-20 elected members from yet to be districts that will be drawn once the game is released and we have a better understanding of where people live. They will have the responsibility of creating bills that are signed into law by the governor. They, however, can override a veto with a 3/4ths majority. What I hope to achieve with this is to:

A. Create a separation of power, so it is not all concentrated in the governor and the police

B. Allow more people to be involved in government than just those running for governor.

The second Idea involves my business. If I am not elected, my business will continue as a privately owned company with me as the sole holder of equity. However, if I am elected my business would be run by an appointed (by congress) committee of 12 members. They will be responsible for running the bank as a non-profit, managing interest rates in order to keep businesses and the economy growing. It would be a "national" bank.

The third is that I hope to outline the responsibilities of the governor. I believe the governor should have a 6-month term, with a 3 term limit. I also believe he should be the head of police and the chief of police should have to enforce the laws he enacts. Finally, the governor should NOT be allowed to issue pardons, except if a majority in congress agrees with it.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask below, and I will provide you with an answer to the best of my ability.

• Like 1

Right away I already have a concern. In the first paragraph you mention that you're the owner of a bank. I worry that this, intertwined with you running for governor, might cause a conflict of interest. Anything you want to add to dismiss this notion?

18 minutes ago, Kyleson said:

Right away I already have a concern. In the first paragraph you mention that you're the owner of a bank. I worry that this, intertwined with you running for governor, might cause a conflict of interest. Anything you want to add to dismiss this notion?

Read the whole post. Alternatively, Here is where I talk about that if you don't want search for it:

28 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

The second Idea involves my business. If I am not elected, my business will continue as a privately owned company with me as the sole holder of equity. However, if I am elected my business would be run by an appointed (by congress) committee of 12 members. They will be responsible for running the bank as a non-profit, managing interest rates in order to keep businesses and the economy growing. It would be a "national" bank

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

Read the whole post. Alternatively, Here is where I talk about that if you don't want search for it:

I see. Well, thank you for the speedy response, Mr. Uncannierlink!

11 hours ago, Kyleson said:

I have to agree. Call it a national bank if you want, a bank is a business and a businesses main and only focus is on making money. Whether you label it national bank or not, the goal is still to turn a profit.

• Like 1

Well you are talking about the economics not going well because Mr.Smith dropped out.

But I don't see anything about you saving it :$

3 hours ago, MeesterPlusser said:

Well you are talking about the economics not going well because Mr.Smith dropped out.

But I don't see anything about you saving it :$

The economy doesn't exist yet.

I'm talking about how Gene's position on the economy was what I agree with, and now that he dropped out no one holds a similar position to him.

1 hour ago, uncannierlink said:

The economy doesn't exist yet.

I'm talking about how Gene's position on the economy was what I agree with, and now that he dropped out no one holds a similar position to him.

I know I know, and yeah you are right.

Could still add some plans what you are thinking off.

When you would add your ideas maybe people can discuss about it and that would help you out.

Gene would have made a fantastic Governor. So if you have the same plan as he did then you have my vote already.

16 minutes ago, Arky said:

Gene would have made a fantastic Governor. So if you have the same plan as he did then you have my vote already.

Really now?? :P

• Like 1

You merging your private business into Congress throws so many Red Flags up for me. 

How do you know the economy will be stagnant? How can you insure any of these apparent plans will actually be successful? 

12 minutes ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

You merging your private business into Congress throws so many Red Flags up for me. 

How do you know the economy will be stagnant? How can you insure any of these apparent plans will actually be successful? 

It's easy. You just put economics before business 

27 minutes ago, Arky said:

It's easy. You just put economics before business 

I get one can do that, but to the public it would still be seen as a conflict of interest, and a possible avenue of corruption for the establish governing body in power. 

How could the public fully trust their governor when that same governor not only owns the banking establishment, but governs the banking establishment?

Trust could never be fully established between the government and the citizens in a situation like this. 

36 minutes ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Thank you for taking the time to ask some very important questions.

To address your first point:

If I am elected, it will not be my business. In fact, if I am elected, my only business will be governing. What I should have said, is that a new national bank will be created, following the same business plan I outlined for my business except it will be run as a non-profit by a council of 12 appointed financial experts.

If I am not elected, then I will run a business based off of this plan with a for-profit model. 

As for your second point:

These plans will succeed as they are, admittedly, not original. The idea of a congress is based on the United Staes government (a system that has lasted for over 200 years) and of course banks (a system that has existed for even longer).

25 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

If I am elected, it will not be my business. In fact, if I am elected, my only business will be governing. What I should have said, is that a new national bank will be created, following the same business plan I outlined for my business except it will be run as a non-profit by a council of 12 appointed financial experts.

If I am not elected, then I will run a business based off of this plan with a for-profit model. 

These plans will succeed as they are, admittedly, not original. The idea of a congress is based on the United Staes government (a system that has lasted for over 200 years) and of course banks (a system that has existed for even longer).

Thank you for your answers to my questions. I can say from your responses that I may be misreading some of you OP. 

How would you regulate this possible National Bank if I may ask? I understand the board of 12, but will there be stipulations or restrictions on what the board could do, or propose for the economy?  

9 minutes ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Thank you for your answers to my questions. I can say from your responses that I may be misreading some of you OP. 

How would you regulate this possible National Bank if I may ask? I understand the board of 12, but will there be stipulations or restrictions on what the board could do, or propose for the economy?  

The National Bank would be responsible for adjusting interest rates, fees (though we'll call them taxes, ie a frequent withdraw tax) and approving loans. I trust the board to develop a system to quickly decide on small loans and only spend time debating large ones.

All government officials are paid a set salary and any extra money generated from the non-profit will redistributed in the form of tax returns, if there isn't another need for them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

The whole point of a business is to make money. You just admitted that governing will be your business. You also say that the national bank will be made with the same business plan, yet later say that you will use a different business plan if you aren't elected. I personally run a high-end clothing business and I know that it is important for me to keep my business, political and personal life separate. I could say that I will supply my suits to our government for free but that would cause problems for me because I then have to personally pay for a governments uniform. It causes complications. I do not want to be rude or seem like I am attacking you on a personal level but from multiple inconsistencies I do not believe you would be a viable governor. 

8 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

The whole point of a business is to make money. You just admitted that governing will be your business. You also say that the national bank will be made with the same business plan, yet later say that you will use a different business plan if you aren't elected. I personally run a high-end clothing business and I know that it is important for me to keep my business, political and personal life separate. I could say that I will supply my suits to our government for free but that would cause problems for me because I then have to personally pay for a governments uniform. It causes complications. I do not want to be rude or seem like I am attacking you on a personal level but from multiple inconsistencies I do not believe you would be a viable governor. 

I think you are a misunderstanding.

Your first point is ridiculous as saying "my business" is just a figure of speech. As governor, my goal will be to create a healthy economy, not to make personal wealth.

If you view the link in my signature, you will find the actual business plan I referred to. Though you are right, the difference is: if I am elected the bank will be run by the state with a non-profit objective vs I if I am not elected I will personally run the bank as a private company.

If I am elected the only "ownership" I will have in the national bank is that it was my idea. It will be entirely run by the appointed council of 12. These 12 aren't even appointed by me, but rather by an elected congress.

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have. Thank you for your concern.

Edited by uncannierlink

8 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

I think you are a misunderstanding.

Your first point is ridiculous as saying "my business" is just a figure of speech. As governor, my goal will be to create a healthy economy, not to make personal wealth.

If you view the link in my signature, you will find the actual business plan I referred to. Though you are right, the difference is: if I am elected the bank will be run by the state with a non-profit objective vs I if I am not elected I will personally run the bank as a private company.

If I am elected the only "ownership" I will have in the national bank is that it was my idea. It will be entirely run by the appointed council of 12. These 12 aren't even appointed by me, but rather by an elected congress.

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have. Thank you for your concern.

You mention in your business plan that you intend on running your bank as all other banks do. All other banks have a business plan aimed at turning a profit. How can you sit there and say that you don't care about personal wealth when you own a bank.

10 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

You mention in your business plan that you intend on running your bank as all other banks do. All other banks have a business plan aimed at turning a profit. How can you sit there and say that you don't care about personal wealth when you own a bank.

All banks do not run with a for profit motive. If I am elected the bank will be run as a credit union. While it is unusual for a government to run a credit union, I believe it will work in Identity.

Also, for the second time, If I am elected, and I want to make this very clear, I will NOT be running the bank. I will make no money from the bank. I have already explained what happens if the bank so happens to have entra money.

Please try to read more carefully in the future, as I'm repeating myself at this point. 

2 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

All banks do not run with a for profit motive. If I am elected the bank will be run as a credit union. While it is unusual for a government to run a credit union, I believe it will work in Identity.

Also, for the second time, If I am elected, and I want to make this very clear, I will NOT be running the bank. I will make no money from the bank. I have already explained what happens if the bank so happens to have entra money.

Please try to read more carefully in the future, as I'm repeating myself at this point. 

Alright you appear to be misreading my words so allow me to paint it clearly. You cannot run a bank and pretend like you will make it non-profit just because you get Governor. I don't know what world you are living in to think that banks aren't ran for profit, because they are. Banks are a business, not a charity. You state that you will go back to for-profit if you fail, showing us that you do care about money more than winning because if you truly wanted to win there wouldn't be an "if I don't win i'll do this" it should be a "I will in, no doubt about it." You have shown us that you have little faith in your own success yet plead for the public to put faith in your leadership.

If you are elected, you will be running the government. The government will be running the bank, so you will be in control of the bank. You can spew bullshit at us all day and say you will give your bank to congress or whatever but that would also imply that when you stop becoming governor you will leave your bank behind for congress. It wouldn't be yours to take. If this is true, then it is inconsistent with your claims that without being governor you would run your bank. And do not try to say that when your term is over you will start a new bank, because that means one of two things. It means either you will have to try and outdo your own bank, or you won't try to make the national bank as prosperous as you can as to leave room for when you leave the governors chair. 

Please try to think more carefully in future as I am sick and tired of explaining very simple concepts and facts to someone as incompetent as yourself. I am blown away by the arrogance you have showed in your reply.

1 hour ago, JoelKeys said:

that would also imply that when you stop becoming governor you will leave your bank behind for congress.

Yes. This is exactly what I would do. If I fail the first election, I will not run for governor again.

And while initially, I will be running the government, I hope to establish a separation of powers as soon as possible. As far as I am aware, I am the only one who has proposed doing so. 

I think the disconnect here is that you believe my bank at current is a physical company. It is not. My company is not making money right now, and it doesn't exist. No company in Identity is anything more than an Idea. I will postpone the development of DollaBank until after the race. If I lose I will not run again, and run the company privately.

The purpose for my idea, the bank, is to keep currency moving in the economy, through loans. Whether I can establish a government program to do it, or I am forced to do it on my own, does not matter to me (though I have other policies, such as congress, that I would like to exact.) 

As with many things, it all comes down to trust. Do you trust the other politicians who don't even care to mention separation of power? Or do you trust me, someone, who is proposing willing giving up power in order to create a better future? Ultimately it is your decision.

Also please, for your own good click on this: http://bfy.tw/APVl

Please excuse me if I come off as rude, however you are attacking me with claims of extreme corruption when I am the only candidate without ties to a major player organization (some organization even proclaim they will use corrupt politicians to their advantage).

11 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Yes. This is exactly what I would do. If I fail the first election, I will not run for governor again.

And while initially, I will be running the government, I hope to establish a separation of powers as soon as possible. As far as I am aware, I am the only one who has proposed doing so. 

I think the disconnect here is that you believe my bank at current is a physical company. It is not. My company is not making money right now, and it doesn't exist. No company in Identity is anything more than an Idea. I will postpone the development of DollaBank until after the race. If I lose I will not run again, and run the company privately.

The purpose for my idea, the bank, is to keep currency moving in the economy, through loans. Whether I can establish a government program to do it, or I am forced to do it on my own, does not matter to me (though I have other policies, such as congress, that I would like to exact.) 

As with many things, it all comes down to trust. Do you trust the other politicians who don't even care to mention separation of power? Or do you trust me, someone, who is proposing willing giving up power in order to create a better future? Ultimately it is your decision.

Also please, for your own good click on this: http://bfy.tw/APVl

Please excuse me if I come off as rude, however you are attacking me with claims of extreme corruption when I am the only candidate without ties to a major player organization (some organization even proclaim they will use corrupt politicians to their advantage).

My question isn't what if you fail the election. My question is what if you succeed. Then you will start this bank in the government. So what happens when someone else wins after you, do you take the bank with you or do you leave your idea to someone else leaving you with nothing? Why would you leave yourself with nothing? I raise the argument again that having a plan in case you don't win just shows a lack of belief in your own campaign. 

As for the separation of powers, I think the rest of the candidates failed to mention this because let's face it, it's common sense. The US has a separation of powers, as does the UK, and Germany, and most other countries which are ranked high on the best countries registrar, has a separation of powers. This is just obvious, because the game will probably have this mechanic built in any way. If it doesn't its probably because there is a max of 300 people per server, meaning an extensive government would take up half of the player base. 

And yes, I know what a credit union is thank you. But you change the terminology so frequently that I find it hard to believe you are being honest about any of the rubbish that comes out of your words. First it was a bank, then a national bank, then a credit union, who knows what's gonna be next. 

You mention how you were the economic adviser of Gene Smith during his campaign. This, combined with the fact that you own a bank which you intend on merging into the government, shows that money plays a huge part in your life. 

You are indecisive, you have a questionable agenda, untrustworthy, and you try to patronise me because I am arguing points about your campaign. You will not be receiving my vote, and hopefully no one else's vote that has their head on right. 

7 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

My question isn't what if you fail the election. My question is what if you succeed. Then you will start this bank in the government. So what happens when someone else wins after you, do you take the bank with you or do you leave your idea to someone else leaving you with nothing? Why would you leave yourself with nothing? I raise the argument again that having a plan in case you don't win just shows a lack of belief in your own campaign. 

As for the separation of powers, I think the rest of the candidates failed to mention this because let's face it, it's common sense. The US has a separation of powers, as does the UK, and Germany, and most other countries which are ranked high on the best countries registrar, has a separation of powers. This is just obvious, because the game will probably have this mechanic built in any way. If it doesn't its probably because there is a max of 300 people per server, meaning an extensive government would take up half of the player base. 

And yes, I know what a credit union is thank you. But you change the terminology so frequently that I find it hard to believe you are being honest about any of the rubbish that comes out of your words. First it was a bank, then a national bank, then a credit union, who knows what's gonna be next. 

You mention how you were the economic adviser of Gene Smith during his campaign. This, combined with the fact that you own a bank which you intend on merging into the government, shows that money plays a huge part in your life. 

You are indecisive, you have a questionable agenda, untrustworthy, and you try to patronise me because I am arguing points about your campaign. You will not be receiving my vote, and hopefully no one else's vote that has their head on right. 

Just like how there was a separation of powers in asylum life. Oh wait, that was a complete police state.

What I call the bank should matter less than what is actually is. I only mentioned credit unions because you claimed "no banks are run as nonprofits." This statement was completely false, see: credit unions.

I do agree that money plays a huge role in my life. Just as it plays a huge role in everyone's life. Identity is about making money, and I want to make sure everyone has the ability to do that. If people make more money, they spend more money, if they do that, there will be more goods and services available and the economy will be successful.

To address your first point, which is your best, I am running because I care about Identity. I want to shape the economy into a living, breathing free market on a scale similar to eve online. I think it has the ability to be that, but not if the people in power don't work towards it.