Air

Vehicle Costs

Hello!

What does everyone think about Vehicle costs? Will it be based on realistic prices? How many of us could afford vehicle upon the games release?

Acording to the answers for my tweets all i know is that public transport vehicles will be very expensive, but how far will vehicle costs go? And what vehicles does everyone expect in the game including their prices?

Some pledges offer you old or rusted vehicles which are most likely going to be the cheapest.

If the feature of player owned car dealerships is released, how would that work?

This is just a small General poll im doing. I will be writing an identity article. Filled with extensive details :)

Regards,

-Astonair-

Keep it real, if people can't buy anything, there's always core transport to help- whether it's just a taxi or you're moving(:

That's just my opinion though, some people might want it high- others lower, but I think how they are now(roughly) seems the most immersive as this is a life sim. And it does kinda depend, is everything else realistic prices? Cause apples should only be $1 (zwet) Just like a new car, house, bike, business space, ect should all be fairly realistic- and available- but only to those that actually get into the game. 

Hopefully I was clear with everything I said..

Well I am for having the in-game economy that starts out to be similar to RL at launch so vehicle's wouldn't be cheap (probably 2000 zwet for a second hand starter car)

It would be neat if you would actually go to a car dealership and shop around. And then a salesman (played by a real person of course) would come out to hassle you and convince you to buy the expensive model with the engine that will die as soon as you "drive off the lot".

3 minutes ago, facade said:

It would be neat if you would actually go to a car dealership and shop around. And then a salesman (played by a real person of course) would come out to hassle you and convince you to buy the expensive model with the engine that will die as soon as you "drive off the lot".

If that happens then I will probably end up being a murderer in game

16 minutes ago, jcdock said:

If that happens then I will probably end up being a murderer in game

You make me want to sale vehicles.

10 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

You make me want to sale vehicles.

Do it! I'm sure we will end up having some 'business dealings' 

1 minute ago, jcdock said:

Do it! I'm sure we will end up having some 'business dealings' 

More like you driving 8 blocks away and me leaving with 2 grand(out the back door, into a hummer that my personal hit man drives for me)

Because I'm that's sly(;

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

More like you driving 8 blocks away and me leaving with 2 grand(out the back door, into a hummer that my personal hit man drives for me)

Because I'm that's sly(;

You are assuming I decide to leave your hit man alive :)

4 minutes ago, jcdock said:

You are assuming I decide to leave your hit man alive :)

His name is annoynomous. Can't kill annoynomous.

He's specia*cough*hacker*cough/hack up a lung*

• Like 1

I think that buses / minibuses / vans should not be too expensive. These vehicles are absolutely essential for all the bus companies. Maybe developers could implement bank financing loans specifically designed for transit companies. That would make it a whole lot easier. If a bus company has a few buses and available drivers, it will start making profit and successfully pay off the bank loans. This will enable it to purchase even more expensive vehicles such as intercity coaches.

Edited by Zulnex

22 minutes ago, Zulnex said:

I think that buses / minibuses / vans should not be too expensive. These vehicles are absolutely essential for all the bus companies. Maybe developers could implement bank financing loans specifically designed for transit companies. That would make it a whole lot easier. If a bus company has a few buses and available drivers, it will start making profit and successfully pay off the bank loans. This will enable it to purchase even more expensive vehicles such as intercity coaches.

I hope you know an averagely priced 15 seat bus is around $50,000, an average city bus is $400,000; if you're thinking about starting a bus company you're gonna need to take a big loan or hold off for a while :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xentinel said:

I hope you know an averagely priced 15 seat bus is around $50,000, an average city bus is $400,000; if you're thinking about starting a bus company you're gonna need to take a big loan or hold off for a while :)

Not starting a bus company but I was just wondering what the prices of those vehicles will be in game. :)

I know very well how much they cost in real life.

Edited by Zulnex

7 hours ago, Zulnex said:

Not starting a bus company but I was just wondering what the prices of those vehicles will be in game. :)

I know very well how much they cost in real life.

I'm pretty that the devs said that players won't be able to own busses because they are way too easy to greif with

3 hours ago, jcdock said:

I'm pretty that the devs said that players won't be able to own busses because they are way too easy to greif with

CLICK and CLICKITY <- tweets from December 2015.

This is the tweet you're talking about:

It's from February 2015. This is one from November 2015:

They changed their minds. ^u^

Edited by Vix
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Vix said:

CLICK and CLICKITY <- tweets from December 2015.

This is the tweet you're talking about:

It's from February 2015. This is one from November 2015:

They changed their minds. ^u^

I would like your post but I have liked too many!

Also that's cool too see. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of trucking  (legality of the goods to be determined :p)

When i was talking to @Motown about buses, because as you may or may not know i love buses and all sorts of transportation. Over a long time i was talking about buses and the basic reply was always no, i kept trying until not long ago Motown told me they were just going ahead and will add them but prices for buses will be high, i hope i dont faint once i find out the price lol :D anyway, thats the bus story. Oh and trucks are even easier to grief with :P

Edited by Air

2 minutes ago, Air said:

When i was talking to @Motown about buses, because as you may or may not know i love buses and all sorts of transportation. Over a long time i was talking about buses and the basic reply was always no, i kept trying until not long ago Motown told me they were just going ahead and wikl add them but prices for buses will be high, i hope i dont faint once i find out the price lol :D anyway, thats the bus story. Oh and trucks are even easier to grief with :P

I would imagine the price for a bus or truck will be rather sobering, at least at first as the devs have said that the economy will be similar to real life (I would imagine it will be based off the US/Canada due to the dev team being from that area)

4 minutes ago, Air said:

When i was talking to @Motown about buses, because as you may or may not know i love buses and all sorts of transportation. Over a long time i was talking about buses and the basic reply was always no, i kept trying until not long ago Motown told me they were just going ahead and wikl add them but prices for buses will be high, i hope i dont faint once i find out the price lol :D anyway, thats the bus story. Oh and trucks are even easier to grief with :P

That's great :D Now go and negotiate a professional stripper job for me! xD

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

That's great :D Now go and negotiate a professional stripper job for me! xD

I bet there will be a stripper jobs xD perhaps a "Party Bus" xD

They always say you can swing on the pole but never if it's a job and you can earn money this way or if it's just role play D:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlyingDuck said:

Would be nice to have some more samples of boats.

Totally, I would like to see some yachts