ImmortalPenance

Should players be able to take the law into their own hanfs if not a police officer?

People should be able to be vigilantes if chosen i think

Have a police scanner or something like that. And then go to current crimes

You can. It may not be officially supported, but you can. Nothing stopping you. It's a sandbox game. Though I don't think the cops will appreciate it too much...

4 hours ago, ImmortalPenance said:

People should be able to be vigilantes if chosen i think

Have a police scanner or something like that. And then go to current crimes

55 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

You can. It may not be officially supported, but you can. Nothing stopping you. It's a sandbox game. Though I don't think the cops will appreciate it too much...

Like @uncannierlink said the police won't appreciate it but it is also pretty much you being a criminal and you could be arrested for it.

I rather hunt the players that kills innocents than wait to be killed by them. I'll become a vigilante if needed to, and if cops stop me, then I'll fight for my freedom. So to stop the evil players, we have to do what cops can't do, since not everyone would be a cop, I'm assuming. 

I remember how in GTA: Vice City, you used be able to help the police officer and they gave you money, in this it would help because in real life some people are ballsy enough to help officers.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2017 at 11:48 PM, Corvette said:

The cops are in the right for arresting vigilantes in most scenarios, so good luck fighting for your freedom.

What would you do if you saw a killer kill someone and then looks at you? Would you fight to survive? Would you die, so you could report to the police? In this game, I'll just kill that bandit before they kill me. Since its us players making this world function, the laws could be a bit different. 

7 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Vigilante, always. 

Good man. I look forward for people like you to take care of business that cops can't handle themselves. Unlike Corvette, who might arrest people like us. >.>

4 minutes ago, LifeisReal said:

Good man. I look forward for people like you to take care of business that cops can't handle themselves. Unlike Corvette, who might arrest people like us. >.>

Arrest me.. I'll get out and do it again. The only way a vigilante retires is if he dies doing it.

5 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Arrest me.. I'll get out and do it again. The only way a vigilante retires is if he dies doing it.

I thought about that, making a 2nd character for vigilante work in case the prison system takes forever to get out of. 

• Like 1

You gotta be smart about it. I've had a detailed plan of how to be successful for a while now.

I'd live by the code of Batman. No killing.. Except for that one time.. And the other time... And the he got somebody killed... Except for that there isn't any acceptations. And always turn them into the police afterwards

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corvette said:

I would report the police unless they approach me. Vigilantes are a different story than self defense, they take matters that police would take into their own hands, not their own business. Police are in the right for arresting those who take their jobs away from them, or decide to take action against something that police should. If you tackle a criminal, good for you, killing a bandit for looking at you? Police have a good reason.

Corvette, I just stopped at looking, cuz its obvious the bandit would kill you next. Why would they leave witnesses? The last part implied that they'd come after you to kill you next. Would you want to be killed or act in self defense? People can kill in self defense too, its natural to have that will of survival. 

The game pretty much relies on a straightforward justice system. If you kill a player who kills other players that makes you a criminal just like them. Though there is going to be a grievances system to report to should there be players who like to break the rules. And to those who are planning on breaking the rules: it sounds like the game relies you to stick to a particular server to progress. Meaning if you are booted from one particular server and have to go to another, you will lose your progress in your career and will have to start all over.

The game should provide Law-abiding citizens with registered firearms with the ability to utilize reasonable force against a hostile suspect that intends to inflict physical harm against an innocent civilian. For example, an individual that is charging at a woman with a knife should be shot in the leg by an armed Law-abiding citizen.

The mayor or legislative office should possess the ability to enact "STAND YOUR GROUND LAWS" or "anti-Self Defense" Laws in order to ensure that the government and/or The People shall be capable of forming such a decision within the city or nation.