Dizzle

Hardcore Parkour!

This is something I've wanted in some sort of game for a really long time. I don't even particularly care about in-depth parkour. I just want a skill or an ability that will allow me to for example climb a building, hop a fence. In other words reach certain places. Like if I want to climb onto some roof tops, jump from roof to roof, setup a sniper and run off, can I do dis? Just a basic climbing mechanic would be great. Something like gta online. Climb ladders, scale some walls. Stuff like dat. 

tumblr_llvwclh9hW1qfg7vpo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Hello there,

You mean something like Dying Light, Mirror's Edge and other such games with parkour?

That'd be very interesting to be honest, but it probably depends on how far you'd want to go.. The more you open up from the map the more you gotta make sure that there are no issues or spots that players can get stuck in!

Kind regards,
DJScias

1 hour ago, Vix said:

I hope it's not a slow process to climb a fense- as I just grab the top, and lift myself up, lift a leg then throw my other leg up and forward and jump with my other, and in those moments I am falling from the fense rather than climbing up and down it. 

I kind of liked how they did the fense climbing in mafia, where you got up, fell over onto the fense, supported by your waist, then pulled your legs upward with your body over and hanging from the fense, and then lifted yourself sideways kind of so your legs fell down. Next to you.

I just don't want the inability or a really slow thing, like how gta has it.. I don't really like how they went about the climbing animations though.

Too few animations and they aren't that realistic- but then again- the driving in gta isn't realistic either.

Even the simple ability to run from the cops, and not be blocked by a small wall. Like gta, where you can jump over anything that is a certain height. 

• Like 1

The ability to use your environment to better position yourself is a very sought after one and I would love if a simple system was added. I do really hope that I'm not going to see a woman who looks like shes pregnant climbing fences like an Olympic athlete. 

I would love to see this in the game but I can imagine it would suffer the same problem as skateboarding which is the limitations from the physics engine